Is the Uk Theme Park Industry going down the drain?

Will

That's worse than Thorpe! Although Thorpe have managed to get at least a few decent rides in their park (Detonator, Tidal Wave, Nemesis Inferno)

At the end of the day though, AI doesn't compete with Thorpe at all.Thorpe is Thorpe, that's it.However, for a theme park by the sea, Adventure Island is certainly quite something ;) always a great day whenever you visit the place.

Chessington - Press ReleaseCREDIT CRUNCH YET TO BITE Chessington & ZOO!It's not all doom and gloom in the job market! Whilst other companies are suffering from the effects of the credit crunch, Chessington & Zoo brings support to Surrey job seekers by announcing a recruitment drive for 600 full-time, part time, weekend and summer vacancies in readiness for the new season which starts on the 28th March 2009. And there are currently 6 permanent roles up for grabs, too!With a theme park, Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre on site, there are plenty of opportunities for people with very different talents - everyone from Hosts to Zookeepers - on a range of seasonal and permanent contracts. So whether you're looking for 40 hours a week or only a day or two to earn some extra cash, Chessington is looking for a wide range of roles for a huge range of people - real team players that can help create the perfect day out and really bring the fun to life!Newly appointed Divisional Director David Smith explains how people are being more cautious in their spending during the credit crunch. "More and more people are opting for a short break in the UK rather than going on a holiday abroad and we are looking forward to a busy 2009 season. And we need lots of great local people to help make it a season to remember."

I don't agree that thorpe park is a concrete island otherwise they couldn't plant tree's duh and you wouldn't see soil around duh!As for carnival rides I happen to like the rides they have and I think that it's a great park, better than alton towers, I went to alton towers in around 2005 don't get me wrong it has some great rides but I just didn't really like the park, since then I haven't gone again, however I went to thopre last year and I loved it so much that I went again a bit later on in the year.I agree that there supposed to be the number 1 yet there starting to get beat at investments the only rides I liked 15 rides at Thorpe park and twelve at alton.I think Drayton manour is a fading park and is starting to remind me of amercian adventure since they out in thomas land and havent had any majouir rides for a while there turning away thrill seekers which means there families to.I do think that you are kind of right tho, americn adventure (a theme park whihc closed a few years ago) wa sa great theme park we went a few times and it had some good rides and the tallest water ride in Europe however they started to close of many rides after little investements and it wasn't long aftermany of themajour rides where closed of that numbers feel and they closed the park altogther.I think that the best thing we can dow ith our theme parks is keep our orinigality and stikc to what we do best, what where known for and not try to copy other rides around the world.However I would love to see a long coaster, a indoor dark coaster type like revenge of the mummy etc, and I would also love to see a water coaster I have seen videos and they look awesome I think it would be a great adddition to thrope since they have a greta collection of water rides and coasters how about combing that into one?

Water coaster?. Sounds just odd!An indoor coaster like Revenge of the mummy?. what's wrong with No way out, closest thing at the moment if you ask me.I agree I'd like to see more rides like Disney Universal etc, but you have to remember planning permition and also the financial costs. I'm sure if thorpe could build Revenge of the mummy they would do it, but they arn't just going to get money from other companies or struggle to build something they don't even have the parts for.A new water ride is not a good idea, Thorpe have 3. Rumba rapids, Logers Leap and Tidal wave. Persinally if I was running the park I'd take away the Flying fish and build a Big Thunder mountain like in Orlando, but hey, maybe in the future

Depth Charge too arguably, and a water-coaster sounds like a great idea in my opinion, replace Neptune's Beach with it. That would be good. :)

I'm not sure replacing Neptune's beach is a good idea. In the summer, it can get very popular with families and kids. If you want a water coaster, try looking at some other park

I'm not sure replacing Neptune's beach is a good idea. In the summer, it can get very popular with families and kids. If you want a water coaster, try looking at some other park

It could be a family ride...Well they need to clean up Neptunes tbh, clean it up (in an improve it sense as well) or get rid of it!oh and owned.

Please, for the love of god, put something like Poseidon in over Neptune's, with the station backing over Lakeside, it would work so well.Doesn't get you that wet, but good throughput and doesn't get you too wet :)

As much as I'd like Posidon (I love it when I'm in america) I don't think Thorpe could aford it. I know, but I really think the english atractions are nothing like the ones in America!. The closest I've probably seen is Time voyagers, and even that lacks american style

• 3 months later...

It hadn't happened at all at this point last year. Or the year before. Or the year before. Or ever, in fact. So it is reaching capacity a lot more this year than at any other time.

Yes, but when Elliot said a few posts back, that the park is very often reaching full capacity, this is obviously untrue. I am guessing he meant that the park is often very busy.