Jade Goody

Dan_Rush

According to the Daily Express (or Diana Express) the amount of women aged 20-27 checking for cervical cancer has increased by 20%. Regardless of the cynics, something good has come out of Jade selling her story. Hopefully this will save life's in the long run :P

Interesting statistic, Mark.It's really nice to know that it's inspired some people to help them selves

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not justifying her cancer, but she hasn't been very appropriate to other cultures now has she?There are plenty of people in the world who have less time to live due to cancer, yet I don't see any media reports on the poor people who do have cancer..

Right, none of you will believe me, but hey it's worth a try to make you. Okay, I'm fourteen years old. I have known Jade since I was born, and my father has known her & her mother Jackiey since Jade was three! & everybody who is saying "people die from cancer every single day, they don't have any media coverage, they don't get millions of pounds." Well 1) Jade raised that money to secure Bobby & Freddy's future. No, maybe not every cancer victum has the chance to do this, but Jade did & good for her that she took it! 2) You get people being so much more racist every second, than Jade ever was/has been in her life. Do they get media coverage? No. Do they have people talking about them? No. Do they have half of the nation 'hating' them when they don't even know them? No! So think about that before you critisize Jade guys!Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence to anybody if I did, but I feel very strongly about this subject as I have grown up knowing Jade. Also guys, did you know that the number of young female women going to have a smear for cervical cancer since Jade has been in the news has gone up by 20%?

I have the same sympathy for her that I do for anyone else unfortunate to go through such an awful thing, I'm not extra sympathetic though just because she is famous.

Well James, that is completely true what you said, and other people should take notice. Yes, people should have sympathy for her. So, what she's done in the past shouldn't affect anyone if they had nothing to do with it. Just because she's famous, no people shouldn't feel more sympathy for her! But still, she is leaving behind 2 young children aged four and five. Isn't that the most important thing? People are so pathetic these days. Sorry again, didn't mean to cause offence to anyone but I feel so strongly about this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not justifying her cancer, but she hasn't been very appropriate to other cultures now has she?There are plenty of people in the world who have less time to live due to cancer, yet I don't see any media reports on the poor people who do have cancer..

I totally agree I feel soory for the cancer but I think it's outragous that she gets all this attention and money out of the disease, its unfair to others who wusffer just as much as her poerhpas even more, why should other families not bee given the chance to make money in this way for thier families, just because she's a "celeb" she gets all this money ans sympathy, I'm annoyed at the fact that people go on about poor jade goody, what about everyone else with cancer? what about people who leave behind fmailies and can't give them moeny, why should her children be given so much money that they barely have to work?it is completely unfair and unjustified and as for people going about how good ashe was and what she did, yes thats so good isn't it bullying a woman and being racist.I also find it disgusting how micheal jackson has also been used and is using jade to get publcicity I find all of this immoral, unjustified and wrong.

Right, none of you will believe me, but hey it's worth a try to make you. Okay, I'm fourteen years old. I have known Jade since I was born, and my father has known her & her mother Jackiey since Jade was three! & everybody who is saying "people die from cancer every single day, they don't have any media coverage, they don't get millions of pounds." Well 1) Jade raised that money to secure Bobby & Freddy's future. No, maybe not every cancer victum has the chance to do this, but Jade did & good for her that she took it! 2) You get people being so much more racist every second, than Jade ever was/has been in her life. Do they get media coverage? No. Do they have people talking about them? No. Do they have half of the nation 'hating' them when they don't even know them? No! So think about that before you critisize Jade guys!Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence to anybody if I did, but I feel very strongly about this subject as I have grown up knowing Jade. Also guys, did you know that the number of young female women going to have a smear for cervical cancer since Jade has been in the news has gone up by 20%?

1) she didn't need all that money for her children, plenty of other people leave fmailies behind and they don't get millions, also she has millions of money, she could have at leats given some to a cancer charity, her children don't need all that money.2)She wasn't just a racist she a bully to, I find it disgraceful how she picked on a woman and inluence3d others to when the poor woman was confined to a small space and could not get awya from them, no but they aren't stupid enough to do it on national telly are they?Think about this!I to feel veyr strongly about this, my mother has had cancer and I know two fmailies who are sturggling and have lost parents through cancer, I don't see them getting million so there children can have a lavish life, thats why I find it so unfair.People always knew about cancer, if they where really that cocerned they should have had them done before.

In the end, she's got cancer. Yes, you have to feel sorry for her.However, I hate the fact she's recieving so much publicty. There's thousands of people in her position. They don't get all this publicity. In fact, that type of cancer was never mentioned unless it was in statistics. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago everybody hated her and wished she was dead? Now, they want her to stay alive till the bitter end. Also, she can actually afford to marry her loved one, others can't.As for the children, yes they're going to have to live without parents, and that's the worst part. However, there's thousands of cases that are even worse. AT least her children have some more money than others will due to Jade's celebrity status. Other children whose mother was in a similar position will beeven worse of finacially.Okay, she's got cancer. I'm sorry to hear that. But all this publicity about her marriage, life, etc. I don't care about. To me, she should just be like everyone else, another person who's got cancer, and maybe the odd paragraph in the paper saying what's she has been up to.

I do feel sorry for her.But this is very true, there are so many people who are actually nice and decent people who get cancer and suffer like her or even worse.I think it's unfair how she gets all this money for her children with that amount of money it's likely they would not have to work. which is completely immoral.

I do feel sorry for her.But this is very true, there are so many people who are actually nice and decent people who get cancer and suffer like her or even worse.I think it's unfair how she gets all this money for her children with that amount of money it's likely they would not have to work. which is completely immoral.

It does annoy me how before the public found out the news, the majority seemed to despise her. But when the news was revealed, it was as though everyone was so kind and sympathetic towards her. Many people believe that it's sad that she has gone, which is fair enough, but then again, thousands of people die every day in the world, so why should she get so much attention?

I to feel veyr strongly about this, my mother has had cancer and I know two fmailies who are sturggling and have lost parents through cancer, I don't see them getting million so there children can have a lavish life, thats why I find it so unfair.

Life's not fair, get over it. Instead of bitching about Jade (who by the way, will not be getting any of this money as she seems to be.. erm.. dead), how about actually being thankful that she made the public so much more aware of the dangers of cervical cancer. Something like 25% more went to get themselves checked out then before because of public awareness. That's far more important then the way she went about getting money for her kids.My mum had cancer, if she went public about it who would care.. no one because as Alex has always said, like it or not Jade was a well known, famous person.

• 1 year later...