Jade Goody

Dan_Rush

I heard on the news this morning that Jade goody only has 8 weeks to live. I've been reading this from the start, doctorss had hoped they could cure her with a drug of some sort, but now that's been withdrawn. She is so young, and leaving behind 2 lovely kids, who are also just starting their lives. I just think it's so sad, I wonder how the kids will take it

I'm not justifying her cancer, but she hasn't been very appropriate to other cultures now has she?There are plenty of people in the world who have less time to live due to cancer, yet I don't see any media reports on the poor people who do have cancer..

Like who?. For me, it does not matter about what she has done, it's the fact she is leaving the kids behind which is upsetting. Perhaps because she was such a big part of big brother, that's why she gets so much attention

Just think about her kids, they are gonna have to grow up without a Mum. Its a horrifying thing growing up without a Mum. Its gonna happen sometime but to young kids isnt the best thing ever. Most people experience it in their 30s or 40s for a young child to have someone they trust and love taken away isnt nice what so ever. As for the fact its so public, so what? Its making alot more women go for a cervical smear test. Saving alot of lives. So instead of thinking about the fact its public think about the effect its going to have on the kids.

In the end, she's got cancer. Yes, you have to feel sorry for her.However, I hate the fact she's recieving so much publicty. There's thousands of people in her position. They don't get all this publicity. In fact, that type of cancer was never mentioned unless it was in statistics. Wasn't it just a couple of years ago everybody hated her and wished she was dead? Now, they want her to stay alive till the bitter end. Also, she can actually afford to marry her loved one, others can't.As for the children, yes they're going to have to live without parents, and that's the worst part. However, there's thousands of cases that are even worse. AT least her children have some more money than others will due to Jade's celebrity status. Other children whose mother was in a similar position will beeven worse of finacially.Okay, she's got cancer. I'm sorry to hear that. But all this publicity about her marriage, life, etc. I don't care about. To me, she should just be like everyone else, another person who's got cancer, and maybe the odd paragraph in the paper saying what's she has been up to.

If a person you didn't know got cancer would you give a toss about it? No, you'd ignore it. The thing with cases like Jade's publicity is that it makes women aware of the cancer and that ANYONE can get it.

Okay, she's got cancer. I'm sorry to hear that. But all this publicity about her marriage, life, etc. I don't care about. To me, she should just be like everyone else, another person who's got cancer, and maybe the odd paragraph in the paper saying what's she has been up to.

I actually disagree entirely. People may see it as whoring and she has frankly admitted to it. She's getting money for her kids futures which I think anyone in her situation would do. We could argue all day about financial backgrounds but the fact is shes doing what she can, with the time she has left, for her kids. It may not excuse her past but it goes to lengths to redeem herself. Anyone who has ever known someone who has had cancer, must be able to understand her position. My mum had it a few years back and at the same time a friend of mine died from it. He was only 16, and hadn't lived his life. If he had been able to sell his story about his suffering and the pain for his friends and family, then no-one would have stopped him.

If he had been able to sell his story about his suffering and the pain for his friends and family, then no-one would have stopped him.

But Mark that is the point. My mum is currently undergoing treatment from cancer, and I'm pretty sure that the papers or any form of media wouldn't care about my mum would they? The only reason they are publicising Jades story is because she's famous.Perhaps a local newspaper would write up an article for someone such as my mum, but thinking about Jades situation with mass media, it just wouldn't happen.The question we are all asking, is rather much like the question I'm still asking today about a different story.What is so Special about Jade Goody?What is so special about Madeline McCann? (She got tons and tons of publicity, she wasn't even famous before she was kidnapped)She is in the same position as other people, but everyone else didn't get celebrities calling out for peoples help.It actually bothers me to a certain extent, it really does.

Jade Goody is in the public domain, she's famous. Sadly modern society has a big thing with celebrity culture and loads of people are really into knowing everything about these peoples lives.Whether you believe it to be right or not, famous people get a lot of media attention. You really can't blame Jade for being in the press, I can't see a single drawback to it. All the stories are raising awareness, and she's making some money to leave for her children if the worst comes to the worst.It's celeb culture, love it or loathe it.

What is so Special about Jade Goody?What is so special about Madeline McCann? (She got tons and tons of publicity, she wasn't even famous before she was kidnapped)She is in the same position as other people, but everyone else didn't get celebrities calling out for peoples help.It actually bothers me to a certain extent, it really does.

Dude, wtf?Like Alex said, she's all over the media because she's been there ever since BB back in 2002. And I'm not taking anything away from your family's situation with your mum, I really sorry to hear that, but she's not in the public eye. It doesn't make it any worse because Jade is in the public eye, but if you were a newspaper you'd write about someone who a lot of people know.To suggest that any of the McCann's are famous is outrageous, they're not celebrities, it just so happens that the sort of thing they went through isn't as common, and obviously was a huge ordeal for everyone, which was why the media talked about it so much. Good for them for keeping awareness up. Same goes for Jade, she's using her celebrity status for something good, for once, she's providing for her children's future, as well as raising awareness, she's saving lives in the long run.

Like Alex said, she's all over the media because she's been there ever since BB back in 2002.

But who actually cares? 7 years ago she sat in a house for a few months and did jack all. Shes just annoying! I don't give her a crap about her life and the fact that anyone earns any publicity for being on trashy BB in the first place is awful.She then boosted her famousness by going back into be a slob again and making racist remarks.She may well be raising awareness, but she could have been doing that before she got cancer.

Sadly modern society has a big thing with celebrity culture and loads of people are really into knowing everything about these peoples lives.

And those are the people who need to have a serious rethink on their prioritys in life.

But who actually cares? 7 years ago she sat in a house for a few months and did jack all. Shes just annoying! I don't give her a crap about her life and the fact that anyone earns any publicity for being on trashy BB in the first place is awful.She then boosted her famousness by going back into be a slob again and making racist remarks.She may well be raising awareness, but she could have been doing that before she got cancer.And those are the people who need to have a serious rethink on their prioritys in life.

Well clearly a lot of people care, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about how it's everywhere. It wouldn't be talked about on TV shows, it would just fizzle out.

But who actually cares? 7 years ago she sat in a house for a few months and did jack all. Shes just annoying! I don't give her a crap about her life and the fact that anyone earns any publicity for being on trashy BB in the first place is awful.She then boosted her famousness by going back into be a slob again and making racist remarks.She may well be raising awareness, but she could have been doing that before she got cancer.

People clearly do care. There is a lot of sadness felt for Jade over this cancer issue and rightly so, her poor kids will live the rest of their lives with no mother.I think you'll find with a lot of people that nothing is done until it effects you personally. I doubt you do much charity work at the moment, but if your mum, dad, brother, sister, family member, friend got it tomorrow you'd do all you could to raise money to help them, raise awareness over it. Jade can do all this because she is well known, so are we resenting her because she is a thick, woman who managed to make a lot of money for sitting on her arse or are we angry because the normal, everyday person can't do that. It's all coming across as jealousy. I understand how difficult it is for you Kabz, but rather then feel that Jade is taking the mick, think that women may go and get themselves checked out and it may save lifes. Sure, she'd sell her soul to the press for a bit of money, but that is the culture we live in. It's all me me me, but this is possibly the most selfless act Jade will ever do for her children.

People clearly do care. There is a lot of sadness felt for Jade over this cancer issue and rightly so, her poor kids will live the rest of their lives with no mother.

That was referring to who cared about her being in Big Brother, not her situation now. You can't deny that she did nothing and then did it again and made herself look like a total jackass.

so are we resenting her because she is a thick, woman who managed to make a lot of money for sitting on her arse or are we angry because the normal, everyday person can't do that.

It just highly annoys me that she has been given so much fame for doing nothing, yet there are decent hardworking people who will never get a fraction of the fame she has. She earns her money just by being in the papers.She didn't even do anything to earn her fame, she didn't do things like release a song, doing some acting, etc. She just earnt her fame because the BB bosses stuck her in house for a few months and considered her 'entertaining'.I read that the boss of Harrods had donated a wedding dress to her. Tell me how thats fair. There are people suffering worse than Jade and shes not the only one with terminal cancer. What makes her so special?

That was referring to who cared about her being in Big Brother, not her situation now. You can't deny that she did nothing and then did it again and made herself look like a total jackass.It just highly annoys me that she has been given so much fame for doing nothing, yet there are decent hardworking people who will never get a fraction of the fame she has. She earns her money just by being in the papers.She didn't even do anything to earn her fame, she didn't do things like release a song, doing some acting, etc. She just earnt her fame because the BB bosses stuck her in house for a few months and considered her 'entertaining'.I read that the boss of Harrods had donated a wedding dress to her. Tell me how thats fair. There are people suffering worse than Jade and shes not the only one with terminal cancer. What makes her so special?

I agree totally - I think many people are only talking about this because she's Jade Goody.

Well shes famous for doing nothing? So bloody what, I think you will find that there are a few people who are like that. Because of Jade there are many people doing a smear test now. She has 8 weeks to live. Survival rates for other cancers have gone up in the last 10 or so years but Jade wasnt so lucky. Her kids have roughly 8 more weeks with their mother left. I would kill for a day with mine but at the end of the day its not going to happen and her kids are going to wish will all their lives that they could. Instead of sitting there and saying of shes done this, this and this, just think about what her kids will go through because to lose the one of the people who you trust most in the world and love is hard. To spend so many years without them is a terrifying thought when your young. My friends Mum has breast cancer and she has to sit there and reassure her Mum everyday that she's not going to die. With my Mum there was 18 months between her diagnosis and her dying. My Nan was even less. I personally haven't done much charity work because I've sat there and said some stuff which I wish I didn't but to sit there and say shes milking it or whatever, does it matter? Its saving some peoples lives and making people more aware of it. Thats a good thing remember.

No, you can never tell.My auntie's been diagnosed with cancer, since having a brain tumor removed at the beginning of January. Initially, they thought they'd be able to treat it and things would get better, but the cancer has spread so fast, there's nothing they can do except treat her, which starts tomorrow, and prolong her life for as long as they can.It's really sad and such a horrible and nasty illness. Now, the fact that Jade Goody has it is upsetting, it really does make you think. My mum doesn't like to watch the news when it comes to her or anything like that because her sister has it and there's nothing no one can do. But Jade has asked for a tv show to be made following her progress and whatever else because she wants the problem to be highlighted. It shows that anyone can get it and hopefully will aid people with the chance to be stronger for loved ones who are diagnosed with cancer.At the end of the day, there's nothing anyone can do for my aunt, you just have to sit back and wait for the worse to happen. That, for me, is the hardest thing to do in life. So yeah, I think it's good for Jade Goody to be in the papers and on the news everyday.