Oakwood

Aarron P

Apparently camelots were wild because they just had no sort of resistence - so, like legolands spinning spider, you'll be able to spin them literally as fast as you can physically turn them.

Lets have a spin fest if there is a meet this yeah. first one to make their passengers puke WINS!

Apparently camelots were wild because they just had no sort of resistence - so, like legolands spinning spider, you'll be able to spin them literally as fast as you can physically turn them.

Spinning Spider at that TPM meet a few years back was mental...

Still, Chessie's Carousel has the awesome spinning carriage of death...

• 1 month later...

Currently no... either they have forgotten to post it on their FB page or they will announce it in the coming months because there is a price increase on may 24th so if there is investment it will probably be opening on that day.

I saw about the price increase - hope it's not by much or they'll be over-valuing themselves.

I hope they reinstate the half price return in the summer, as that came in handy last year.

I don't know, wouldn't surprise me if the coaster they lost the bid on was knightmare but, yeah it is odd because they announced the Neverland attractions on 1st of jan last year I mean even if it is just teacups then they could at least advertise that a decent amount of time before that, so they could entice more families.

• 3 weeks later...

New statement from Oakwood...Look at the bold text...

THEME PARK APPOINTS HEAD OF MARKETING

Oakwood Theme Park has appointed a new head of marketing as part of its ongoing investment programme.

Graduate Clare Stansfield has more than a decade’s experience as a marketer across a wide range of businesses.

She moved to Tenby in 2012 and has a two-year-old son, who is delighted with his mummy’s new role.

“I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to head up Oakwood’s marketing team,” said Clare.

“Oakwood experienced a significant increase in visitor numbers last year and I am really looking forward to building upon that success.

“The park invested £4.5 million in its new Neverland area and this year we have more major investment that will see the creation of a new soft play area, a children’s ride, a whole new themed restaurant and something very exciting planned for the summer!” she added.

The Pembrokeshire park enjoyed its busiest season in more than a decade last year following the opening of the Peter Pan-themed Neverland.

As a result visitor numbers were 40 per cent up on the previous year and bosses are keen to continue growing the business.

Park Director Dominic Jones said: “Clare’s appointment and the ongoing development of our marketing department alongside the investment in the visitor experience is a clear indication of our growing ambitions.

“Our aim is to continue to grow, expand and improve the theme park and welcome more visitors.

“Pembrokeshire is an amazing place to visit and our job is to work alongside other attractions, accommodation providers and tourism bodies to ensure we are showcasing what this region has to offer.

“With Clare’s help we plan to further raise our profile and establish ourselves as a must-visit attraction,” he added.

The park, which re-opens to the public on April 11th, is also planning to continue developing its close links to the local community.

Set in 80 acres of spectacular countryside Oakwood is Wales’ biggest family adventure with more than 30 exhilarating rides and amazing experiences to discover.

A unique combination of attractions includes world-class roller, tower and sky coasters, spectacular family rides, children’s themed play areas and so much more.

The children's ride is The teacups seen in various images otherwise what would be the point of even having them there and the new restaurant will be nice! The exciting thing for the summer... Let the speculation begin!!!

Right, so unless this "something" turns out to be a very good ride, we have essentially lost a classic dark ride for a teacups.

Very disappointed by this, as the "something" might not even be a ride.

The teacups is supposidly either going in neverland or going in a disused building part of Wild West that used to be a cinema thing. NOT where Brer used to be.

Wouldn't be too surprising if a Brer Rabbit replacement opened next year instead... Gives them time to sort it all out...

Yeah I agree as it is quite a largish area it is on and will probably take time to do what they want to do with it but I'm fine waiting, it was 8 years in waiting for Neverland haha

I think the summer addition will be some kind of show that will run during their "After Dark" summer event. I'm thinking back to how popular the diving show was during the summer a few years back.

Soft play area? Didn't they remove one of these for the construction of "Neverland"? It wouldn't overly surprise me if it's the same one just moved to the Wild West area.

Children's ride? So the children's teacup ride from Camelot? Installed near the soft play area in Wild West maybe?

Themed Restaurant. Could this be the chicken restaurant in the Wild West area (opposite Spooky 3D)?

Could all this hint towards a retheme or a spruce up of the Wild West area as it's been calling out for some TLC for years!

The play area is going in Neverland I think, and with the dive event there was one last year so I highly doubt that is the very exciting thing for summer... Plus they wouldn't call a dive show a very exciting summer addition in my opinion.