Oakwood

Aarron P

Oakwood have officially confirmed the smaller attractions like the Teacups and the play area, but they are keeping quiet on the summer edition although they are saying it will be epic (hmm...).

Our new development is due to open in the Summer. We do have some new additions such as a soft play area, TeaCups and of course a brand new restaurant with a qualified Chef with waitress service serving locally sourced produce. I apologize about the lack of updates but ensuring the park is 100% safe is our main priority at this moment of time. As soon as we can release further details, you'll be the first to know. I can assure you it will be EPIC!

Also this is what they said to another person.

1939677_757810254252317_297533888_n.jpg

So we have a reason for the no updates on the developer page. :P

Taken from their latest facebook post, and a lengthy one at that...

'the park is also introducing ‘Queue Bounce’ – an all-new ‘arrive and ride’ system designed to eliminate queuing.'

^^probably the most interesting piece of information from it, as we already know something big is coming for summer, just don't know what, and they're not telling yet!

Well I have heard from members from PBE when they were booking to do there trip they did mention that they had been looking into buying Knightmare but hadn't pushed any sort of deal through so fingers crossed that might be something that might be put into oakwood and Dean you forgot this!

The themed Oak Tree Restaurant Bar & Grill features waitress service and will be promoting a wide range of Welsh produce.
“Our new Oak Tree restaurant area is the perfect place for people to relax and enjoy some great Welsh products in a beautiful environment overlooking the park."

MMM me loves a grill!!

“We’re also hard at work behind the scenes with a series of major new rides and attractions which we plan to open over the summer,”

Tasty!! If its major then I'm expecting a decent dark ride, flat ride or used coaster like Knightmare. Oakwood is making me very excited at the mo. They deserve the success they are getting because its along way ahead of what it used to be and all this investment is just peachy!

EDIT: I love the fact they are calling the reserve and ride system after Bounce :P pretty apt name though :P

Bloody fastrack system. Not like they really need it either. Heard it was because their spanish investors enjoyed using fastrack at Alton Towers. Wonderful.

Sounds good if it is an actual restaurant.. that'll be miles ahead of any of their current catering facilities. If it's even remotely near the same quality as their current food I'd stay well away.

Interesting though, may have to make myself a visit in the summer again, 3rd year in a row.

They trialed fasttrack last year at the after dark events last year and it went decently well it was available on speed, megafobia and hydro, and skull rock and it didn't really hinder the actual queue but yes Speed was on 3 trains so the queue ran quite quickly anyway haha

They trialed fasttrack last year at the after dark events last year and it went decently well it was available on speed, megafobia and hydro, and skull rock and it didn't really hinder the actual queue but yes Speed was on 3 trains so the queue ran quite quickly anyway haha

If it didn't really hinder the actual queue then they didn't sell any! Fastrack does hinder the actual queue by exactly as many people that buy the tickets.

I hate that we (ie the public) go along with this crap and let them get away with it. It's disgusting and there should be outrage!

Tbh knowing how quiet oakwood gets I don't think people will even bother using the thing on week days as it is literally so quiet you could walk on pretty much all the main attractions in 30 minutes, I think it will only be properly by the gp used on the holidays and big events. Tbh I don't like fast track but if it pays for them to improve parts of the park or rides then I'm OK with it. We will have to see if this properly catches on though but then again it must of been popular enough to warrent it implemented in the park.

Tbh knowing how quiet oakwood gets I don't think people will even bother using the thing on week days as it is literally so quiet you could walk on pretty much all the main attractions in 30 minutes,

You'd be surprised how stupid people can be in regards to Fastrack, I've seen people have the Unlimited at Chessie and it was pretty empty on a weekend...

Don't Oakwood ever get long enough queues that warrant the use of Fastrack?

From Oakwood rides teams themselves it's a nightmare, because their rides aren't designed to cope with them. Putting them on via the exit slows everything down anyway.

But guests seem to expect and want this crap, the amount of people who go mental because the parks refuse to sell fastrack on a dead day with 0min queues because the guest themselves are idiots. Yeah.

Love the lack of trip tray on the postmix taps.

All this now bubbles down to actual food quality. Something I'm genuinely really worried about, as their food is the worst available at any UK theme park. Even lightwaters isn't as crap as Oakwoods.

I'd hope so if they went to all that way to make it look really nice like that.