Oakwood

Aarron P

I've seen them advertise a 'Major Investment', and have described Hook's House of Havoc as a 'major new attraction', but I haven't seen any mention of a major attraction being included in the Sleepy Hollow area. Also I would've thought there would be more clearing happening than that shown in the photos if there was going to be anything major, by major I'm meaning a large ride.

Posted to the Developers Diary Facebook page today:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakwood-Theme-Park-Developers-Diary/321600547955704
"THEME PARK INVESTS £150,000 IN PIRATES SOFT PLAY AREA

Oakwood Theme Park is investing £150,000 in a major new pirate-themed indoor soft play area.

The new attraction, ‘Hook’s House of Havoc’ will tie in with the park’s £4.5m Peter Pan-themed Neverland feature, and is set to open next month.

It is being built by Llanelli-based Crazyplay, one of the UK’s leading creators of themed soft play, and will feature slides, a ‘ball blaster’ zone, a ball pool, a sports court and separate areas for toddlers and younger children.

“As a south wales based adventure play manufacturer we are extremely proud to be supplying the new Hook’s House of Havoc to Oakwood,” said Crazyplay’s Mike Broadfield.

“Crazyplay has worked with some of the leading global entertainment brands in the past and we can’t wait to bring some of the magic learned from these experiences to the new adventure play area!” he said.

The play area is part of an ongoing programme of investment taking place at the park.

Oakwood Theme Park director, Dominic Jones, said: “One of the recurring requests we had from families last year was to provide an all-weather attraction for younger visitors which could be enjoyed on those rare occasions when the sun doesn’t shine in Pembrokeshire.

“This new soft play area is one of the largest in the region and will provide a whole new dimension to the Neverland experience,” he added.

Bosses have also revealed there will be a major new attraction opening in time for the summer, although details have yet to be confirmed.

The park enjoyed one of its busiest ever starts to the season during the Easter holidays.

“We’re really pleased to get the 2014 season off to such a positive start,” said Dominic.

“Our newly-opened Oak Tree Restaurant is proving extremely popular and we are now hard at work ensuring ‘Hook’s House of Havoc’ will be open in time for Whitsun.

“We are also finalising details of a major new attraction which is set to open this summer and will be making an official announcement about it very soon,” he added.

Set in 90 acres of spectacular Pembrokeshire countryside, Oakwood is one of the UK’s leading theme parks with more than 30 exhilarating attractions; including four world class rides to enjoy.

Oakwood Theme Park, Canaston Bridge, Narberth, Pembrokeshire SA67 8DE. Please call 01834 815170 or visit www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk for more information.

Issued by Oakwood Theme Park. For more information please call Clare Stansfield or Dominic Jones on 01834 815170."

• 3 weeks later...

maybe they don't want interest yet? it can destroy the first half of the season if people know something big is coming half way through, too many people hold off. this way they might get people to visit twice, if anything big is actually happening .

Oakwood have released the details for their new arcade but are still keeping zipped on the Sleepy hollow investment.

NEW FAMILY ENTERTAINMENTS CENTRE OPENS AT OAKWOOD THEME PARK

Oakwood Theme Park is opening a major new indoor entertainments centre in time for the Half Term holidays.

The newly-completed ‘FunZone’ features everything from simulator machines, carousels, air hockey tables and even ten-pin bowling lanes.

The new centre also has its own bar and snack area and is next door to the park’s ‘Circusland’ attraction which features tea cup rides, pedal go karts, the Clown Coaster and children’s playground.

Along with the park’s new ‘Hook’s House of Havoc’ adventure soft play area, the FunZone represents one of the largest indoor entertainments’ centres in the region.

“The opening of the ‘FunZone’ is the latest part of our ongoing investment programme for the entire park,” said Oakwood Theme Park’s Head of Marketing Clare Stansfield.

“It will offer our visitors the opportunity to enjoy themselves on site throughout the season, regardless of whether the sun is shining or not.

“The fact that it is alongside our new adventure soft play area, as well as Circusland and the nearby Neverland attractions makes it the perfect focal point for families and offers even more for visitors of all ages to enjoy,” she added.

The FunZone Entertainment Centre is managed by Booths Leisure, who have had a presence in Oakwood Theme Park for 25 years.

Director Oliver Booth said: “We are delighted to be able extend our offering within one of Wales’ most popular attractions.

“We have made a significant investment with the introduction of over 100 machines within the FunZone complex.

“The new entertainments centre provides a whole new level of fun and entertainment for visitors to the park, whatever the weather,” he added.

Set in 90 acres of spectacular Pembrokeshire countryside, Oakwood is one of the UK’s leading theme parks with more than 30 exhilarating attractions; including four world class rides to enjoy.

I went to Oakwood today. This was my ride count :P

Megafobia x14
Speed x10
Drenched (Hydro) x2
Bounce x2
Bobsleigh x2
Skull Rock x1
Treetops x1
Pedalos x1
Pirate ship x1
Spooky 3D x1
Snake River Falls x1
Tinks Flying School x1

I'm battered and bruised but I just loved it, Speed is still my favourite Gerst and Megafobia in the rain is just total NOMNOM!! We did Drenched in the rain... twice... don't pity me it was my fault but it was the best run I have ever had at the park. I just wish it had more to back up the likes of Speed and Megafobia now.

Tidal wave's still goes quite far to the side. Drenched's wave is more of a 3 second full force in the face of water, then dissipates completely, whereas Tidal wave's is more of a 2 seconds of nothing, then a tonne of water just land on you out of nowhere. They are different experiences, although Tidal does get you wetter, Drenched's drop is better :P

I took this video of Drenched yesterday after going on it twice. I was surprised how many people went on the ride with the train usually being full even though the park was dead. Just shows that it still draws a crowd even on a dead day!

Or is it because they dispatch one every 15 minutes or so (and has a minimum rider limit) which makes it seem popular?