Oakwood

Aarron P

Is this where "The Restaurant" was before?

Yes it is they have completely redecked the place out so its "theme park classy". They are offering meats from local west wales produce and said it will be first and foremost quality welsh meat. But yeah I think playing to the local produce this is a great thing that they can use to their advantage, it would certainly improve their stakes where food quality is concerned!

Yes it is they have completely redecked the place out so its "theme park classy". They are offering meats from local west wales produce and said it will be first and foremost quality welsh meat. But yeah I think playing to the local produce this is a great thing that they can use to their advantage, it would certainly improve their stakes where food quality is concerned!

That's great as it was dire!

I just found this which is interesting...

Oakwood theme park is expected to launch new attractions based on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow short story later this year.

‘The Headless Horseman’ and ‘The Tree of the Dead’ have also been registered as trademarks with the UK government’s Intellectual Property Office (IPO).

Both are characters featured in the 1820 short story, which was written by Washington Irving and features themes of a supernatural nature.

The book’s title has also been registered with the IPO, indicating that a concept or themed area could be unveiled by Oakwood.

The Welsh theme park this weekend opened for the 2014 season, with prices held at 2012 levels until 23 May, a date after which it is widely expected to launch its new attractions.

It is not yet clear whether the Legend of Sleepy Hollow attractions will be based exclusively on the original short story, or its various TV and cinema incarnations.

Oakwood has not yet officially announced details of its new additions for 2014, with no details of any ride types coming to the Welsh theme park being known at this stage.

(Source: Ride Rater)

Hmm, this sounds like more family attractions to me.

(That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like to see them focus on thrillseekers now).

Should be a more atmospheric land ( if it is a "land" like Neverland is) then Angry birds Land and Ceebeebies land if it is done correctly.

I'm not saying it's not right/happening, but it is far from confirmation. Stuff gets copyrighted all the time and not used.

I'm surprised they've been granted these, it's all well out of copyright so in the public domain and not anyones to own. Could be interesting if it comes to something though.

Yeah I totally understand where your coming from but I checked yesterday and these were the only I guess IP's they have ever applied for/registered so it would surprise me a bit if they didn't end up using them. But if they announce it would surprise me in the slightest if this is the major attractions they were talking about, well when I say major, probably family attractions again.

Look at Oakwood's map, sign with Major Investment there with a large mysterious tree with creepy fog around it taking centre stage and it conveniently happens to be where Brer Rabbit used to be...

I think Tree of the Dead will be happening for real!

or4aar.jpg

Plus teacups are being in placed in circus land by the looks of that map too.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like oakwood will be revealing stuff this week as you can see from this fb message

EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS TO BE MADE!!

Like our Oakwood Theme Park Developer's Diary for exciting and upcoming information about the park for the 2014 season! Exciting photos to follow on the page!! Watch this space!!

yeah, it probably ain't going to be anything big...

If it's the same quality as the Neverland expansion, then it'll be a great addition to the park. I really like how Oakwood are making these improvements around the park, taking areas which are/were very tired and dated and turning them into something special.

They've posted pictures of an indoor play area.

If that's it then I will be very disappointed...

I'm sure they will be adding a lot to it. I mean they only have the frame up at the moment so, Just be patient and see what it looks like in the Outcome. tbh Its not like we will be using it... :ph34r:

I'm sure they will be adding a lot to it. I mean they only have the frame up at the moment so, Just be patient and see what it looks like in the Outcome. tbh Its not like we will be using it... :ph34r:

What I meant was if we are only getting a play area then I am disappointed. The way they've been advertising it sounded like a new ride of some sort.

Also, Brer Rabbit > Indoor play area.

EDIT: Ohhh, I thought that the play area was in the Wild West area. Ignore the above... :lol:

Yeah the Neverland walkthrough only takes up a fraction of the space that the old play areas used to use, so this new play area looks to be a fairly decent size, and will be a great addition to the area.

I think for Sleepy Hollow we will see a retheme of Brer Rabbit, showing the story of Sleepy Hollow, and possibly a family flat ride in there along with a retheme of the area overall. I don't see there being any major new attraction in there at all. I would love to see them get a new coaster at some point in the near future though, it's been 8 years since Speed was opened and the parks line up could really do with another big hitter.