RCT3

I've worked out how to take screenshots and find the folder they are saved in, so I may as well share a few shots of my current park.

It's an amusement park rather than a theme park, and the presentation and layout is inspired mainly from BPB and Oakwood.  The park uses minimal CS (otherwise my computer can't run the game  :lol:hence why I haven't tried to make it a fully blown theme park). 

I'm not aiming to make it 100% realistic.

Entrance area;

20870396154_596f04cd84_z.jpg

Virginia Reel;

21305070320_0fa46a901c_z.jpg

Wooden coaster (called Timber - if anyone can think of a more creative name then let me know!)

21466885256_4e4c714d88_z.jpg

Bedlam (a ghost train themed around an asylum);

21305309258_0982ab870b_z.jpg

One of the scenes inside Bedlam;

21493135515_5eec903364_z.jpg

"Gold Rush" (yet another uncreative name), this forms part of the Wild West area;

20870395114_2758583153_z.jpg

Element;

21501730871_6908e3cdb5_z.jpg

Feedback (good or bad, probably mostly bad  :lol: ) is welcome.

It's really good, Bedlam looks terrifying. Don't mean any offence, but I hate OTT scary rides like Bedlam, simply because something that horrifying would never be built.

EDIT: Just read the bit about not trying to be realistic. Nvm. Btw, for the Wooden coaster, Timberliner.

Edited by ChessingtonSam

It's really good, Bedlam looks terrifying. Don't mean any offence, but I hate OTT scary rides like Bedlam, simply because something that horrifying would never be built.

EDIT: Just read the bit about not trying to be realistic. Nvm. Btw, for the Wooden coaster, Timberliner.

Thanks for the feedback :)

As for something that horrifying never being built, have you heard of Terror Castle? ;)

https://youtu.be/qljPemUcQjg

Well if it was you wouldn't get anything dodgy on your computer, it's a well known program. If you need any more help, maybe private message me or somebody else in the know (toofpikk for example) so this thread doesn't continue to be just a question and answer thread! Not that questions are bad at all, but this is something you could discuss personally  :)

I've got some CS sets, and I'm currently using Station Jim's Pirate Things to develop a well themed pirate area.

Here are the sets I have:

ATH Catwalks (Not working, I did the same as all the others but it won't come up. I'll try to download it from somewhere else)

SK-Pack

Ardy's Ultimate CS Set

Kionko's Adventure Things

Ynor9 Control Room (Same as ATH)

Anyone got any to recommend.

Yes, winrar won't be the problem. It would;ve been the thing you downloaded with it. I only use winrar for trusted downloads, and avoid downloading anything dodgey... Having said that, I do have a rather large collection of custom scenery and CTRs....

When extracting the files select extract here, and it'll extract it right beside where the .rar file is. Then just cut that file, and place it in programfiles(x86), Atari, RollercoasterTycoon3, Style, Themed.

For CTRs, CS and other customs there is almost always a read me. 

The interior sure looks good altitude, I'd recommend adding some large windows, maybe something small, or something large and industrial (dazmatze swizz it/industrial age should do the trick if they work on your mac)

Have you checked out that file I put above? It might help broaden the CS you can use.

Finally, I have CS. Alas, one of my greatest enemies has returned:

No svd for sid.

I have downloaded StationJim's Random Things and it is a great set, however when I tried to place the cs down it said No svd for sid. I googled it and I did what it said to do. Now all the texture has been replaced with this weird green thing with a mouth and eyes. I can place it, but this problem persists. Is it a troll, or what has happened?