RCT3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to play RCT3 recently because I accidentally trod on my other laptop (the only working one with a disk drive :/) and broke the screen, however I played it when visiting my cousins the other day for dinner, as he got it not long ago after I recommended it to him. Okay it was akward, him being a non-enthusiast and me having to explain what everything is, but we began to build an amazing park that we showed to our family via a HDMI cable, we had he following areas and rides:

PLEASE NOTE: This is a No-CS park, but we downloaded some music off of Incompetech to use. Also, this park is a WIP.

FunWorld (The most generic name, but I used to use this as part of a massive RCT3 franchise with FunLand, FunCity etc, albeit before I became good at the game)

Gatekeeper: A Blue B&M Hyper Coaster inspired by the WingRider of the same name (and colour).

Ladybird Coaster: A Brown and Green Junior coaster themed around the journey of a small Ladybird (2 circuits, one of the best junior coasters I've personally ever built)

Monorail: A monorail that goes round the whole park.

360: A meteorite with no real theme, but the name my cousin made is good!

FunWorld Waterpark (Umm, a waterpark)

Speed Demon: A red body slide with a vertical freefall drop (completely enclosed)

Master Blaster: Okay, so I copied Alton Towers. But it's a video game!! (Very family-orientated)

New slide coming soon. (Next time I can visit :P)

Pirate's Cove (ENOUGH WITH GENERIC NAMES, ME!)

Probably set for a name change, seen as it's not a Cove at all, it's a jungle with some pirates in lmao. Made of Kentia palms.

Treasure Hunt: Water coaster, three drops with two splashdowns (Theming includes a Pirate animatronic, and some pirate treasure hidden within the plants, by the station)

Sea Storm: Pirate ship themed around being on a ship... In a storm. (Surrounded by kentia palms, which means guests don't see the ship when it's on the ground)

Krakken: Octopus ride with a ship being attacked by the Kraken monster nearby (Over water)

The Wild West (Includes Emerald Valley, of course inspired by Scorpion Valley)

Once included a show, TNT Vortex, Lasso, the coaster and a town, but the game froze. Luckily we saved just after the coaster to get some music, however the rest of the rides were not so fortunate.

Wild Mine: A Wooden Wild Mine inspired in part by Rattlesnake (Includes a massive drop!)

Soon to come:

A dive coaster named The Void (We've built it, however it has no path towards it, no theming, you get the point), the rest of the Wild West, a B&M Invert called Frostbite, more themed areas, an Alpine, a Bobsleigh, and some polar bears (possibly a zoo)

Hope you enjoyed, sorry for the long post, next time I'll post the ride facts, and maybe some screenshots or videos, if I can figure out how.

not sure if this has been posted anywhere here but holy **** this looks amazing!! (RCT world)

Apparently they canned the old developer for a developer that's making it more true to the original games

was hoping for a similar style to cities: Skyines (no grid/freeform paths etc) and this seems exactly that  :wub:

one thing I noticed though is that it looks like it's laggy at somepoints when they're playing and I'm assuming they have a better pc than mine which worries me 

not sure if this has been posted anywhere here but holy **** this looks amazing!! (RCT world)

Apparently they canned the old developer for a developer that's making it more true to the original games

was hoping for a similar style to cities: Skyines (no grid/freeform paths etc) and this seems exactly that  :wub:

one thing I noticed though is that it looks like it's laggy at somepoints when they're playing and I'm assuming they have a better pc than mine which worries me 

To be honest the lag can't be any worse than RCT3..

Hey guys! I just managed to clear space on my computer (finally!) to get the game (for some reason you have to delete photos about three times over on my computer?), so I picked it up on GOG.Com for £12! I'm not excited at all...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Just got my Storm Surge of the park. Relatively slow, very short dingy ride called Tropic HeatWave (in my Tropicana area). The only difference is HeatWave wasn't very popular to begin with. Picked up a bit, but now not very popular again. Definetly subject for a removal soon, but I only built it last year (Year 13, coincidentally) so not for a while. Now building an Enchanted Forest area, which will be mainly for kids. Going to include a junior coaster called the Ladybird Coaster (familiar?), some kiddie/family flats, maybe on thrill ride such as an Enterprise, and a Corkscrew.

^ Well I'm working on my park and adding a new parade of shops because after the first season winter thawing has caused many of the structures to collapse and fail for safety duties.

The shops that are going are the ice cream shop and midway parlour stand, aswell as the samba balloons station area and the crazy taxi's. 

The intamin standups station will also be redone to be peep friendly, along with the mine trains.

Let me be honest Sam these updates mean nothing. As soon as you add a picture though:

7662bdec33ecb946588eff230e3c327a.jpg73c9388ecc5f2456bb38a98710813d5c.jpg

It adds a whole new level of meaning. At the moment your rambles don't relate to this thread much at all. Please please please add pictures so we can see this park rather then having to imagine it.

Well, it's a real mish mash:

Shyguys main street set 1,2,4,5,6,8,9 (though I'd recommend installing all of them)

Krypts main street walls

Imagineertoms main street beta

Ralf's antique world

PLT DLP main streets

Station Jims hotel things

Station Jims gift shopping.

Station Jims RCT adams birthday manor

(the park itself has just reached 160 sets in use)

;

These days for your buildings to be unique you need to learn how to blend CS sort of like this. A real inspiration is ZeroG's stuff (find it at shyguysworld) and just listening to Gorillaz gets me through a lot of it, but each building can take up to/around 40 minutes or so to perfect.  :)

PS I know you're a mac user but if you check out this:

http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,17895.0.html

It apparently allows you to open any CS in game! (even if its only available for windows).