RCT3

Duellers are a real pain! I have only ever successfully made 3 that (sort of) duel all the way and stay in sync.

What if A 4 winged Mega mall development had a 25% share from a major theme park company, who really wish to put the 'dash', in trolley dash.

HC7NbRa.jpg
A Premier LSM launch coaster, Monte Rosa is a Mediterranean themed, 85 ft tall coaster, with a launch of 60mph, a vertical climb and dive top hat, an inside out (my own concept) cobra roll, an immelman (being it's only inversion) and an overhanging loop. The rides duration is 45 seconds, and features 4 sets of trims during the ride. This is due to the launches length, it being too small to support a role back, it is a necessity the ride can make it safely up the top hat.

l0gpZaq.jpg 
The rides station is right in the middle of the west wing, and features a transfer track, mechanics work shop, access lift for those disabled, photo shop, and a spare train switch track. 

The ride will span 3 floors on its climb, and, at least on the ground floor, all the stores will have an origin from the north coast of the Mediterranean sea.

Double post, but this is fairly urgent:

Is there ANY way of stopping my game from crashing constantly? It's happening far more often in one of my parks...and no matter how much disk space I clear (ie. removing CS, deleting parks etc.), it would STILL crash! This is getting really annoying and I really must find a way to put an end to it!

Oh, and in the same park, my images won't load in the billboards folder.

Double post, but this is fairly urgent:

Is there ANY way of stopping my game from crashing constantly? It's happening far more often in one of my parks...and no matter how much disk space I clear (ie. removing CS, deleting parks etc.), it would STILL crash! This is getting really annoying and I really must find a way to put an end to it!

Oh, and in the same park, my images won't load in the billboards folder.

I get the exact same issue with the game crashing, it's infuriating!

I have the same problem, I have downloaded so much Cs, CFRS and CTRS that the game will constantly freeze and crash. I also have a high amount of parks, most of which I don't use so the game will constantly refuse to work.

Adding a custom item into the game takes up more memory than people think. I have been told if you delete them from the internal rct3 system; style>custom/ style>themed, the game will work much smoother. I don't know if this actually works however it's worth a try.

Another option is just to wipe the game altogether and then be very selective with custom content. I have hundreds and hundreds of packages and my game just refuses to work most of the time. It's not a big deal for me, as I just play for fun, but it would be nice to get it working smoother again. Ovbiously, the parks look very unrealistic without the custom content so it may be worth deleting it all to reinstall the ones you want as you probably have many you don't want/use like I do.

Hope you can get it fixed!

Right. While I'm waiting for the above problem to be solved, here's two of my best themed attractions in one of my parks! These two are oddly enough in the same area - 'Distant Mexicana'.  :)

Scorpion Mine:

I know many of you have seen a screenshot of this before, but since then, quite a few changes have been made. The cages above the trenches where the queue is have been removed, new rockwork has been built under the second set of bunny hills and the Scorpion Store has been flipped the other way to cater for guests actually coming off the ride. This was accompanied by a new exit path and sheltered seating area:

Shot0004_zps25eaf190.png

Gunslinger Gauntlet:

Without a doubt my favourite dark ride, mainly due to its incredible themeing. :wub:

A shot of the facade to the ride. (notice how the facade also houses the shop and some toilets):

Shot0002_zps1653022c.png

...and the building behind it ;):

Shot0003_zpsde6edaef.png

The first section of the queue, themed around the wilderness. Note the signs "directing" guests to the outskirts through the Sheriff's office in the background:

Shot0005_zps8e19d4c9.png

The station (note the sign above the track. This reads "Now Entering The Town Of Tailsting Valley" - a crafty nod to Scorpion Mine immediately next door ;)):

Shot0000_zps30cdfc0d.png

Shot0001_zps70ff0f94.png

A shot from inside the ride. Doesn't the track look like railway line to you? It does to me and that just completes the Western themeing! :wub::

Shot0006_zpse1873a42.png

EDIT: Since I posted this, some very slight modifications were made to both rides: Scorpion Mine's station platform was recoloured brown in order to blend in with its surroundings, and Gunslinger Gauntlet had some roofs put on top of the buildings in the background of the picture above.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm still playing on my disk...but I've finally found a way to prevent my game from crashing! :)

Coaster Jamie for instance. Your game is crashing most probably because there's far too much happening in your park at once. My advice is to close your park for a bit (rides and all - really make sure to clear the place out, besides the staff of course!), especially if you have any big developments in mind! (Like me with my planned Mack Megacoaster - 'X-Psych').

However, besides the fact that I've finally defeated this annoying habit, my images still won't load in the billboards menu! Although I'm currently using a different disk (the one I've had longest) and sometimes it only loads a quarter (if not half) of my images, so clearly it's getting there! Otherwise is there a proper way to fix this? Or do I just need a new processor?

Yeah, all of this is system problems. The games engine only uses a maximum of 512mb of Ram, compared to the average 4gb you get on a laptop these days.

your games efficiency wont be massively effected by your park size, but rather just that file itself. The main bugger in it all is installing custom content. Using all in game stuff shouldn't mess up your game in any way. It's all your computer. As soon as you start adding externally sourced stuff, your games park sizes will expand for housing custom stuff which adds raw bites on top, etc. etc.

Best thing to do to make sure your park isn't buggy and is running smoothly is to download this thing:

http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5de584e2110bc90e2a869f39574b0b9c&action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=1868;t=1423259682

Reduced my park size from 12mb to 2.1. As soon as you get above 2mb after clean up, you know you're gonna start having some file size issues. 

Just cleaned both of my parks.

One of my parks (the one that I've been having most trouble with) went from 20,046KB to 18,771KB

The other went from 17,203KB to 16,082KB (this park was working fine, but I had to do it for good measure. :P)

Haven't tried out my cleaned parks yet, but hopefully tomorrow when I do, it'll be more or less successful! :)

As 'Adventure Kingdom' currently sits in silence, allowing my computer time to breathe, I thought I'd share some closed season pics of my own. ;)

This is 'Expedition Grizzly' - an out of control railroad adventure that took TWO YEARS to plan out and eventually build!

Shot0000_zpsgwon8qpc.png

The ride entrance is pretty good too! Has a nice backdrop of the coaster and it's surrounding vegetation! :P

Shot0001_zps0c2uoskh.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have three potential rides in my head for one of my parks, Adventure Kingdom. Here's the details so far:

'X-Psych' - Mack Megacoaster:

This has been on the cards for a number of months and will be located on the site previously home to my Eurofighter, 'Warehouse 015'. This will be based around a sinister series of experiments on the mind and nervous system. You will be subjected to various "tests" within the queue (eg. disorientation, claustrophobia etc.)...leading to the final and ultimate stage in testing - a high speed coaster experience determined to alter the minds and bodies of riders to add to the project's hopes to "better the human race"...

'Pirates Quest' - Water Coaster:

I've always wanted a Pirate Falls sort of experience - a ride that somehow drifts through a slowly unfolding story...to conclude with a splashdown. However, I've in mind a few other surprises, such as an unexpected drop inside a cave (I'll use the Water Coaster concept to my advantage here, as the vehicle will drop down, rise up and splash down). This will be located in my pirate themed land, 'Smuggler's Cove' and will be located on the site currently occupied by my suspended swinger, 'Neptune's Fury', which is directly next door to the area.

'DOOM' - B&M Mine Bender:

An indoor coaster experience that I came up with only recently and as I type this, my mind is still buzzing with ideas. This will be located on the site currently occupied by my current Mine Bender coaster, 'SLENDER - The Ride'. 'DOOM' will be themed around a mysterious cult that could possibly be later revealed to be responsible for the events of my TH13TEEN inspired coaster, 'Plague'. During the ride, you'll supposedly be beckoned deeper into the crypt by an unknown force, only to be suddenly thrown into the most unique ride experience I've ever devised, including a backwards section, a launched lifthill and a small number of inversions. I'll also attempt to add in quite a few special effects, such as fire, water and fog, while combining these with the movements of the train (The Mine Bender has the capability to rotate and tilt each individual car per train).

I really am looking forward to getting these three built...but 'DOOM' is the most promising one to me. :D

• 1 month later...

So one of my parks 'Outback Gardens' now has some projects in mind. However, two of these are the slight revamping of two of my areas. I'll start with the conversion of 'Distant Mexicana' into the abandoned streets of 'Tailsting'. For a while, I've wanted my two rides 'Scorpion Canyon' and 'Gunslinger Gauntlet' to share the same storyline. After a couple of days of pondering, I can now present to you:

The Legend of Tailsting:

Chapter 1: From The Ground Up - August 1852:

Once a quiet and peaceful town, Tailsting was home to a site rich in silver, known as 'Madre de Plata Mina (Mother of Silver Mine)'. The town was considered to be the richest in raw materials. Travellers from all over the continent would settle here for the wealth...and the never-ending job opportunities. The miners of Tailsting would work long hours deep in the ground with a heart full of hope and glory for the townspeople.

However, on June 27th 1927, a single discovery would change everything forever...

Deep in a cavern to the west of the 'Madre de Plata' site, two miners made an incredible find; GOLD had been dug up in vast amounts. But that wasn't all; on the north-east end of the site, four more miners struck OIL. Both finds were groundbreaking for not just the industry...but also the whole town. Within the next three weeks, an oil rig had been erected directly on the spot where the oil had been found. However, after a huge amount of oil was pumped out of the ground, the governor of Tailsting decided to start distributing to other settlements and industries across the country. Following this decision, an area above the west cavern was used for tanking the oil and shipping it. As for the gold mining in that same cavern, a large mine train system was constructed to transport the miners into the ground, while also bringing gold to the surface with ease. However, most of the findings were left inside the cavern, stored in hundreds of packing crates and barrels.

Chapter 2: The Sting In The Tail - June 1932:

The Great Depression had no effect whatsoever on the town of Tailsting. Gold, silver and oil were still being dug up in vast numbers. During the Great Depression, Tailsting would become a hugely popular destination for migrant workers and drifters. However, only some of these new arrivals weren't human. One morning the following month, the governor of Tailsting was resting on his front porch when a woman came and complained about a small creature in her kitchen. Upon inspection, the governor realised that there may be a potential threat to the town...and that threat was SCORPIONS.

Within the next fortnight, one scorpion had become two...then four...then eight...then sixteen. The population multiplied rapidly. The threat was worsening - mainly for the miners deep in the ground at 'Madre de Plata Mina'. One miner was said to have been hospitalised after his tunnel was invaded by an entire swarm of scorpions. He barely escaped with his life, despite the amount of venom now in his bloodstream. Following this incident, the mine was renamed to 'Scorpion Canyon'. To this day, the change can still be seen scrawled over the sign to replace the evidence of what was 'Madre de Plata Mina'...

Scorpion%20Mine_zps9xxuyogl.png

Following the incident, the miners of Scorpion Canyon still worked on - day and night. The townspeople thought the threat had now passed. However, out of the entire scorpion population, now settling deep under the ground within the gold mine, only one of these scorpions will pose another...LARGER threat...

Chapter 3: End Of An Era - October 1934:

The oil rig located at Scorpion Canyon had been operational with complete reliability for the last 17 years...but on October 10th 1934, this would change dramatically. On that very morning, a man reported to the governor that the ground was moving. But the governor was already aware of the slight tremor. However, only a minute later did the tremors get more violent. Seconds later, the entire town was awoken by a thunderous explosion. With mouth open in disbelief, the governor took into account the sight he saw before him - the oil rig had now been reduced to a pile of flaming pieces of metal. The governor now knew that this was the beginning of the end of Tailsting's century-long wealth and riches...

But the disaster was far from over. The following night, the townspeople were awoken by the most disturbing noises. The gold mine was emitting intense screeching sounds. It was as if a creature was inside the cavern, alive and active. It was then the governor remembered about the scorpions. What he came to terms with was far from what he ever would've wanted to deal with in his whole life...

The morning of October 11th was to be the beginning of the worst day in Tailsting's entire history. Following the disturbing events of the previous night, Scorpion Canyon had been closed off for investigations into the cause. Two of Tailsting's bravest men were tasked with venturing down into the gold mine and report back of what they believe to be the cause of the noises. The two men without hesitation moved into the mine. But exactly two minutes later, something terrifying happened. The ground shook violently, the screeching started again...and the entire oil shipping yard collapsed under the immense force of the apparent earthquake. Once all had calmed down, the town waited for the two men to return...but the men were nowhere to be seen. To ultimately answer the town's question, a gigantic pair of claws and a tail burst through the ground, accompanied by further, more intense screeching. Then as soon as it started, the limbs sunk back down into the ground. The whole town was devastated. A woman fainted. The governor's face was as white as paper. What he had regrettably anticipated had just occurred. And now there was no other option...but to bail out.

By midday on October 12th 1934, the whole town of Tailsting had been abandoned. What was once a beacon of immense wealth and well-being...was now nothing more than an empty street with blowing sands - accompanied by Scorpion Canyon's ongoing screeching from the monstrous creature resting beneath the ground...now in possession of the hundreds of packing crates filled with the town's gold...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To this day on May 26th 2015 - more than 80 years since the legendary town of Tailsting was left abandoned, guests at the Outback Gardens theme park now relive the events of the town's history. Most board the ageing mine train of Scorpion Canyon in search of the century-old lost treasure, guarded by the monstrous giant scorpion (which to this day can still be heard screeching). Others even journey into the hidden village of 'Tailsting Valley' to face off against the bandits of the town. But that's another story...

9213ec40-6e15-41ea-af8c-9a2c9ec8e87e_zps

Oooh is that a dive coaster?  :wub:  Looks great as usual, lots of effort!

As I said ages ago you've inspired me to get RCT3 working on my Mac (had to buy it again on the app store thing) but I've been working on a little park inspired by Phantasialand! The screenshots look awful so to save time I just took a photo on my phone! I might start it over as it's not perfect but the concept is there!

sykJXWh.jpg

• 1 month later...

Anyone know why sometimes screenshots won't open or be read in the photo viewer...because that's why I haven't got many screenshots of Vulcan. :(

This is what I can salvage:

Preshow before the lifthill. After leaving the station, the train immediately enters a room filled with spinning cogs that appear to be driven by lava flow. As the train passes them, the lava suddenly starts erupting water (from hidden geysers) in wave formation. The catch car from the lifthill makes its descent and sets off the geysers again, creating an awesome explosion effect just as the train begins its ascent.

Shot0016_zpscj6xcwxb.png

For the ride's climax just before the "surprise" (a 60mph LIM launch), riders encounter the ride's antagonist - Vulcan. A monstrous creature who guards the catacombs of the volcano at all costs.

Shot0007_zps8mptn7cn.png

I will have more screenshots eventually. The ride is still work in progress after all! (theming-wise) :)

screen shots may not appear because rct3 is unable to actually take a photo in game due to how big and heavy the area is its looking at and it causes the photo taker to stop working properly. If this happens I use gyazo and simply make thegame desktop.

• 3 weeks later...