Has Anyone Had A Close Shave?

Matty22

Question

I went on the 20th July and was looking up at detonator taking a picture , then about 2m from me a man's coins flew out of his pocket and almost hit me on the head.(from the nemmie lift hill) I wondered whether I should tell anyone but didn't, and I got 2p out of it as well.I just wondered if anyone had experienced something like this

Someone decided to kick their shoes off of their feet whilst at the highest point on Detonator a few weeks back. The ride operator had a really big go at them over the console when the gondola returned to boarding position. He had every right to, it was such a dangerous and stupid thing to do.

Someone decided to kick their shoes off of their feet whilst at the highest point on Detonator a few weeks back. The ride operator had a really big go at them over the console when the gondola returned to boarding position. He had every right to, it was such a dangerous and stupid thing to do.

I have also seen this.However, when I saw it, the gondola was half way up.Still a dangerous thing to do!

The same thing happened to me but on Vortex, they decided to kick their shoes of at top swing and it hit the back of my headrest, the operator E-stopped the ride.

Yesterday, something fell of slammer onto the metal nets over the entrance to the ride. Also a phone and hat came of stealth. Hats also came of various other rides. Who is stupid enough to take loose belongings on rides? Ummm.....Thorpe park's chavy guests.

It's not just chavvy guests. It can be dads, mums, young children, grandads and grandmotheres. I take my phone, keys, and my wallet on all rides. Doesn't make me a chav.

Yesterday, something fell of slammer onto the metal nets over the entrance to the ride. Also a phone and hat came of stealth. Hats also came of various other rides. Who is stupid enough to take loose belongings on rides? Ummm.....Thorpe park's chavy guests.

It is fine taking loose belongings on the ride as song as you totally secure your items and know they are going to be safe.It is using your head basically! :)

It is fine taking loose belongings on the ride as song as you totally secure your items and know they are going to be safe.It is using your head basically! :)

I have to disagree. No one can be sure that they have totally secured their loose belongings, and that they won't slip or fall. The best thing to do in my opinion is to leave all loose belongings in the spaces provided on the ride platforms. When my friend went on Stealth the other week, I told him to take his phone out of his jacket and put it the bag cupboard. Did he listen? No. Did his phone last the duration of the ride? No.

When my friend went on Stealth the other week, I told him to take his phone out of his jacket and put it the bag cupboard. Did he listen? No. Did his phone last the duration of the ride? No.

Sorry Paul, but I would never leave my mobile phone in the storage boxes provided on the platforms.I would rather take the risk of me losing it during the ride and know it is my fault than know someone could of taken my bag etc.(And as Tim said, use your zip pockets etc.)

I agree, I wouldn't leave my phone on show, but I would put all of my belongings (phone, keys, money etc) in my bag, and leave my bag on the platform. In all of the years I have been going to theme parks, not once have I had any of my belongings taken, nor have I heard of it happening to anyone else. After what happened to my friend's phone on Stealth, I never take anything on to a ride with me.

I rode Slammer a couple of years and whilst boarding I realised I hadn't given my phone to my friends who weren't riding and were having a coffee, I tried my best to secure it in my pockets which were Velcro. I started off holding the phone in the pocket but couldn't bear not holding on, and hey presto, 105ft up in the air, this phone plunged to the ground. Went to guest services and filled out a lost item form and somehow someone had found it and handed it in, more amazing still , it still worked, good ol' Nokia.My point is from that day onwards I will only ever wear clothes which have a secure zip on, or if not, will not take my phone to the park. The fact that it fell around an area close enough to people for someone to find it, made me scared that it could have hit someone and if it had, I don't even know how bad I would have felt with guilt.

I haven't but I once saw someones wallet fly up into the air on Stealth's brake run and all of the money was flying everywhere but it went under the fenced off section under Tidal Wave so he got most of it back but was amazing to watch :) I also lost my hat on Nemesis Inferno during Ultimate Chill Thrill incase any of you saw/found it lol.

I haven't but I once saw someones wallet fly up into the air on Stealth's brake run and all of the money was flying everywhere but it went under the fenced off section under Tidal Wave so he got most of it back but was amazing to watch :) I also lost my hat on Nemesis Inferno during Ultimate Chill Thrill incase any of you saw/found it lol.

what hat was it as if it was 2009 thrill chill I saw a lovely hat on the floor below the nemesis track also along with a shoe

Security at the park is incredibly tight these days.

Just as it should be!Anyway, I was queueing for Detonator and some sun glasses fell from nemesis inferno and landed in the bushes right next to me at an incredible speed! And I have seen countless people releasing paper and stuff from the top of Stealth.