Your Chessington

James6

The Ice Age land will have a twister type ride, a maze like saw but bassed around the ice age films and a water dingy ride like storm surge then the coaster in 2012The Ice Age land will be be in a new section of land in the park maybee in one of the grass car park areas close to wild asia then I will add a muli floor car park in the grass car park

I know it's YOUR Chessington but just a few pointers! :)"Maze like Saw" - Hocus Pocus Hall?"Water dingy ride" - Bit pointless with Thorpe getting Storm Surge.Ice Age is a dying brand, if you were going to make a new land themed around films try something more modern :P

well I think with the next film comming out next year or the year after I dont think it is dying brand and chessington is a child low teen theme park not like Tp and when I ment a ride like storm surge I a meant a differnt type

A ride like Storm Surge but not?Sense, your post does not make...And regarding Ice Age as an IP, they did the random attraction to tie into the third film, but they shouldn't dedicate an area to it, like Shrek for Towers, it's had multiple films and just cannot go any further... It should be left in peace... Originality is something Chessie should focus on due to the park's in place structure... No more IPs Merlin!

A ride like Storm Surge but not?Sense, your post does not make...And regarding Ice Age as an IP, they did the random attraction to tie into the third film, but they shouldn't dedicate an area to it, like Shrek for Towers, it's had multiple films and just cannot go any further... It should be left in peace... Originality is something Chessie should focus on due to the park's in place structure... No more IPs Merlin!

I mean white water west makes other versions of the type pleasefollow the link bellow to there websitehttp://www.whitewaterwest.com/spinning_rapids.htmlI was thinking of adding SK-61 or SK-60 not SK-75 which is storm surges class

well I think with the next film comming out next year or the year after I dont think it is dying brand and chessington is a child low teen theme park not like Tp and when I ment a ride like storm surge I a meant a differnt type

Chessington is a family park - for everyone; not a pre-teen. TP is a teen / young adult.

They belong in fairgrounds. Chessington is not a fairground.

Is Thorpe a fairground? No. Then why are they getting one?

I think these rides are good and wood fit in well with chessie

What ones have you been on then Mr Coasterfreck? I've been on the one at Parc Asterix and although fun (the first time) it takes up so much space and could easily be replaced by a much better attraction. It's made to look like a water ride but it's not, it's just a big dingy where you spin a lot, if the weight distribution is right. I'm totally against your bizarre idea of Chessington getting one due to the fact that it's boring once you've done it once, it takes up a huge amount of space (something in which Chessington lacks) and generally looks horrid as they are hard/expensive to theme.The whole fairground argument is silly, everyone knows (or should know) that theme parks are permanent fairgrounds with added theming to make it a better experience. The rides are (in most cases) looked after better maintenance-wise at theme parks.

The whole fairground argument is silly, everyone knows (or should know) that theme parks are permanent fairgrounds with added theming to make it a better experience. The rides are (in most cases) looked after better maintenance-wise at theme parks.

Is the right answer!Look at Disney, rides like Teacups, Dumbo, Star Tours and similar are just effectively dressed up 'fairground' rides... What makes a ride fairgroundy anyways?

Ok but they dont have many 1.4 rides like TP and alton

Neither does Legoland, but this is due to the main target audience of the park... Chessie has only ever had 3 rides with a 1.4m restriction, 1 of them having a 1.2m one when it opened... What do you expect from a park that got aimed at kids (and now the tween/family market)? 90% of the park being adult thrill?Having rides with high restrictions doesn't make you have a good park... I've been on plenty lacklustre 1.4m rides which are very inferior to some 1.2m and less rides...

• 4 weeks later...

Why wood you repaint vampire it is epic as it is?and in 2014: A Magic Carpet ride in the space of Rattlesnake. why wood you get rid of rattlesnake its is also epic tooI wood get rid of dragons fury I realy dislike that coaster it makes me feel sick

Alot of people love Fury, dont go on it if it makes you feel sick. Repainting Vampire wont do anything to the 'epicness' of it, just make it look nicer. Also Rattlesnake, most kids cant go on it, so either replace it with a Magic Carpet or get single lap bars and replace the height limit.

If you want to be completely true to life, some of Chessington's rides such as Rameses, Buccaneer, Toytown, Fury and Rattlesnake are dressed up fairground rides (Or can be fairground models for all the pedantics out there)...

I must say I have never seen a ride like Fury at a fairground:L

Yes, lowering the height limit for Rattlesnake would do wonders for the ride and the little thrill seekers.However, removing it altogether just because it has a bit of a high height restriction is a bit extreme. You know, the restriction would only rule out about a third of the visitors to Chessington, not everybody. So there are still loads of people who would want to ride it, not everybody is a child under 1.4m.Posted ImageBut, yes, a refurbishment of the ride's rather old fashioned cars would do wonders for it.

• 1 month later...

Well, If Chessington was mine then the first thing I would do is have the zoo destroyed and all the animals eliminated.Next I would proceed to destroy ALL of the rides, with the exceptions of Bubbleworks and Rattlesnake.To replace the destroyed rides and the zoo I would build a launch rollercoaster that is 50,000 feet high and over 7 miles long. It would pull over 20 G's and reach speeds of over 600 miles an hour.Also, the guests would have to pay £250 to enter the park.So in my ideal Chessie, there would only be Bubbleworks, Rattlesnake and my new mega-coasterthoughts?