Chessington Trip Reports

Thanks very much for your help , and wow thats brilliant of Chessington , that sort of thing can make a day out so much better . Carrying on with that , how often is that figure reached?

Has only happened 2-3 times this year. Last year it was a daily occurrence during the holidays. Obviously with Saw at Thorpe and the new land at Legoland, Chessington is not as packed as it was in 2008.

I hear you on the Chessington audio!. Is it just me or is the Chessington audio not as good as it used to be?. I miss the Terror Toomb music and the old Bubbleworks music * cries!Wow, I've never seen Billy's wizzer closed, that has to be a first. I guess the bumper cars were also closed because of the rain, right?.I'm hoping to go this weekend, I have to ride Skyway, last time I went I had a car with out the audio so this time, that is not going to happen.Glad you enjoyed your trip

No, Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems or as you said Bumper Cars were open all day! :)Oh and a quick quote from above from Lordcutter6. (Post no 146)Vampire - 1Are you mad! I'd add a few zeros on the end !

No, Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems or as you said Bumper Cars were open all day! :DOh and a quick quote from above from Lordcutter6. (Post no 146)Vampire - 1Are you mad! I'd add a few zeros on the end !

I had to leave early lol, so just quick bought fastrack for it didn't have time to que up for another go. It was really fun though, worth the money!! Well it was half term afterall, next time I go on a Sunday it shouldn't be bad at all :)

Ooooh , Considering changing my trip on thursday from Thorpe to Chessington :)

If you're considering changing your thursday trip because of queue-times, I wouldn't worry because Thorpe Park and Chessington queue times haven't got a huge difference between them this week.

Here's a quick report from today, very diffrent from previous reports.Was not sure the rain would let off and seriously thought about not going, however we decided there were probably others who were and that inspired us to go regardless.Arived to a full car park (yay!). I was amazed that so many people turned up in the bad weather.After visiting guest services (and being served by Jacki) we headed out to enjoy the park. We started with Toom Blaster (my choice). Even though it was good, it sure is wearing off. I mean, it's a great ride but when you've been doing it for 5 years I guess it gets boring!. I talked about the Terror toomb and the 5th Dimention, and how much I missed them at the park while shooting at the targets. Then my sister and her friend wanted to do Dragon falls, not sure why anyone would do it in this weather but what ever!. I waited for them in the station while being constantly annoyed by the music. Beano land next, and a double go on the Wizzer's while sister and friend went on bumper cars. On to Fury, and guess who we saw?. Katy price got off the ride just as we got on!. Yes, the real katy price. It was so exciting!. Long story short, broke down for 15 mins on Fury but they got it fixed and we went on with our ride.Sister went back for more bumper cars while I went to Pirates Cove with my brother. Had a go on the Pirate boat (which my brother hated!). Guess I'm going to tease him about that forever. He's so chicken.After pirates cove we met up with sister and went to Transalvania. Didion't fancy the Vampire ride so I let my sister go, while I stayed in the shop listening to ES Club 7. We both did Bubbleworks (even though we broke down twice!). Once at the station and once on the hill, it was still fun though (mainly because the water didon't hit me at all!). Getting good at dodging the fountains. They will get me 1 day I'm sure.Debated on eating after that, my sister wanted to eat in the pizza place at Market square, but me and brother didon't want too, and eventually went on Rattlesnake. After that it was back to Burger King, chicken and chips very nice!Looked at the zoo part later, saw the monkeys, gorillaz, lions tigers and everything possible. Also went to Creepy Caves, but soon got bored and wondered over to Hocus Pocus where met with sis and wondered through. Then the brother turned up and we all did it again.Highlights:The music (even though the volume could be higher at the entrance!) Wizzers (although second time got spoilt by a spoilt brat behind me) Burger king, the fact that all the staff were awsome, seeing Katy price and the Pirate ship (yeah Tom, you love it!)things that could be improved:The weather, breaking down on Fury ( and getting soaked in the process!) waiting ages for my sister on Dragon Falls and the fact I didon't ride Skyway (still gotta hear that audio!)Ride reliability was good. Bubbleworks, Dragons fury and Peaking Heights were the only rides that had problems (Peaking heights was shut all day!)

Here's a quick report from today, very diffrent from previous reports.Was not sure the rain would let off and seriously thought about not going, however we decided there were probably others who were and that inspired us to go regardless.Arived to a full car park (yay!). I was amazed that so many people turned up in the bad weather.After visiting guest services (and being served by Jacki) we headed out to enjoy the park. We started with Toom Blaster (my choice). Even though it was good, it sure is wearing off. I mean, it's a great ride but when you've been doing it for 5 years I guess it gets boring!. I talked about the Terror toomb and the 5th Dimention, and how much I missed them at the park while shooting at the targets. Then my sister and her friend wanted to do Dragon falls, not sure why anyone would do it in this weather but what ever!. I waited for them in the station while being constantly annoyed by the music. Beano land next, and a double go on the Wizzer's while sister and friend went on bumper cars. On to Fury, and guess who we saw?. Katy price got off the ride just as we got on!. Yes, the real katy price. It was so exciting!. Long story short, broke down for 15 mins on Fury but they got it fixed and we went on with our ride.Sister went back for more bumper cars while I went to Pirates Cove with my brother. Had a go on the Pirate boat (which my brother hated!). Guess I'm going to tease him about that forever. He's so chicken.After pirates cove we met up with sister and went to Transalvania. Didion't fancy the Vampire ride so I let my sister go, while I stayed in the shop listening to ES Club 7. We both did Bubbleworks (even though we broke down twice!). Once at the station and once on the hill, it was still fun though (mainly because the water didon't hit me at all!). Getting good at dodging the fountains. They will get me 1 day I'm sure.Debated on eating after that, my sister wanted to eat in the pizza place at Market square, but me and brother didon't want too, and eventually went on Rattlesnake. After that it was back to Burger King, chicken and chips very nice!Looked at the zoo part later, saw the monkeys, gorillaz, lions tigers and everything possible. Also went to Creepy Caves, but soon got bored and wondered over to Hocus Pocus where met with sis and wondered through. Then the brother turned up and we all did it again.Highlights:The music (even though the volume could be higher at the entrance!) Wizzers (although second time got spoilt by a spoilt brat behind me) Burger king, the fact that all the staff were awsome, seeing Katy price and the Pirate ship (yeah Tom, you love it!)things that could be improved:The weather, breaking down on Fury ( and getting soaked in the process!) waiting ages for my sister on Dragon Falls and the fact I didon't ride Skyway (still gotta hear that audio!)Ride reliability was good. Bubbleworks, Dragons fury and Peaking Heights were the only rides that had problems (Peaking heights was shut all day!)

Glad you had a good day! :D Dragon's Fury was having technical problems when I went on Monday aswell :D But then again, at least it is open instead of closed :) Are you another one that does not like Vampire or were you scared ! :D

Yeah I saw Katy price to. you must have got on just as I left Fury. Peeking did open at around 4:30, it was closed due to the weather as it's not very comfortable up there when it's raining and windy.

Cool, if I had waited until the end of the day I would have seen every single ride open.To the person that asked about vampire, I like it a lot (just didon't feel like riding it)

• 3 weeks later...

Chessington today, AWESOME day. Park was dead with everything walk on all day literally. Arrived at park 12:30 and left 5:00 and in that time got on 33 rides! Ride Count-Dragons Fury- 5Vampire- 7Rattlesnake- 6Runaway Train- 2Dragon Falls- 1Rameses- 1Black Bucanner- 1Bubble Works- 2Sea Storm- 2Billy's Whizzer- 2Dodgems- 2Tomb Blaster- 2Berry Bouncers- 1

Chessington today, AWESOME day. Park was dead with everything walk on all day literally. Arrived at park 12:30 and left 5:00 and in that time got on 33 rides! Ride Count-Dragons Fury- 5Vampire- 7Rattlesnake- 6Runaway Train- 2Dragon Falls- 1Rameses- 1Black Bucanner- 1Bubble Works- 2Sea Storm- 2Billy's Whizzer- 2Dodgems- 2Tomb Blaster- 2Berry Bouncers- 1

Berry Bouncers?! That is serious groyne problems! :PGlad you had a good day! :)

Berry Bouncers?! That is serious groyne problems! :PGlad you had a good day! :)

Nah it was alright, as long as you sit in the adult seats. Had a great convo with the op anyway as it was only two of us on the ride, lol. I only realised today what an amazingly fun ride Rattlesnake is! Highlight ride of the day I think.

Nah it was alright, as long as you sit in the adult seats. Had a great convo with the op anyway as it was only two of us on the ride, lol. I only realised today what an amazingly fun ride Rattlesnake is! Highlight ride of the day I think.

Berry Bouncers still hurt me in the adult seat! Rattlesnake is a great ride and is under estimated a bit I think in my personal opinion.Although, Dragon's Fury and Vampire must of been great having walk ons! :)

Went to Chessington WoA & Zoo today.Got on everything I wanted with no technical difficulties all day. (or at least I did not experience any!)Rameses Revenge was unavailable and was displayed as unavailable on arrival.Ride Count (Estimate as did not count).Vampire - 10 (Was the first rider of the day, front row on the Vampire! ) :PDragon's Fury - 7Rattlesnake - 3Tomb Blaster - 1Runaway Train - 2Bubbleworks - 1Dragon Falls - 4Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems - 2Safari Skyway - 1Seastorm - 1Glad to have seen Kara on Vampire and Bubbleworks and to see Sebastian on Dragon's Fury.You guys are both amazing! :rolleyes:A great day! :rolleyes:

Vampire peaked at 60 minutes but was around 30 most of the dayFury peaked at 45 minutes, dropped to 10 minutes at mid-day then remained at 30 from 2 onwardsFalls 25 minutesTomb 25 minutesRunaway Train 5 minutesRattlesnake 25 minutes average.The relevant rides anyway. :rolleyes: