Chessington Trip Reports

Just got back from a brilliant evening at Chessie as a guest on park :mellow:Got there at about 4pm with a couple of groups of school-kids on the same train as me but got to the park and it was lovely and quiet, went and rode the usual's (vampire, fury , tomb) all of which where stay on riding which was great so I got alot of rides on each. Mainly waited until it got dark and then went to ride everything again, the rides where brilliant in the dark and all the mist from the cold air was really giving the park a great atmosphere, especially because of how quiet it was. I won't bother with a ride count but all rides where in double figures by the time I left the park at 7:30. Thank you for a great season Chessington (even if I was working for the last month of it) alot of improvements from the last season again and I really enjoyed being at the park as a guest alot more than I did at any other Theme Parks this year, nice job. :mellow: Below are my photos from today and a On Ride Video of Vampire in the dark.Album From TonightVampire - On Ride Video - DarkPosted ImageDragons Fury In Dark :D

What an awesome day, was on my own for the first 2 hours, then headed over to Hocus Pocus and Benin rings me and tells me that he is behind me with his mum. Spent most of the day whoring as many rides as we could, well took in gently. Average Q time was around 0 mins. Me and Benin had a takeover on Buccaneer, video to come soon of that. Benin's mum decided to go home, and along came Magda, ended up an awesome day and got the last train back row on Vampire, and they sent us round a second time. Fury was closed for most of the evening, but got a couple of goes on it My video to come, took nearly an hour of footage!

Remember hearing exactly the same rumour of Beanoland being re-themed due to license expiring last year. I hope if anything does come of it they don't theme it to the Simpsons, Dodgems and a Wave Swinger would be a total discredit to an amazing show. Plus it's extremely unlikely that it will be theme to The Simpsons, because the fees would be extraordinary, would be cheaper just to renew the current license.Thinking about it, the amount of theming in that area, they'd never try and re-theme it, because the cost of doing so would be huge, what with it all being incorporated into every building in Beanoland. There’d be a mahoosive Dennis head to replace for Christ’s sake!

• 4 months later...

Went to Chessington today (naturally), and got some photos of the interesting things (not like new wood on the fences, towersnerd :P).. APOLOGIES FOR THREE POSTS. Too many photos apparently :POn entering, I noticed that the globe was spinning again in the ticket queue.. a nice touch, glad to see that moving (first time I've seen it do that!)Out of deciding which is more interesting out of the two new things at chessington, I decided to head straight for Burger King first.Posted ImageBurger King, Burger King, Burger King.. (note: Bubbleworks EXP sign has moved to a better position).Posted Image Posted ImageA nice repaint, and I'm glad the Counts Caldron has remained.. it looks good. (Also a cash machine, which became rare sights last year.. free).Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageThe inside looks very nice, with only the scary trees remaining (I believe). The staff were well suited as well, with lovely little drawn on fangs.. The only problem I had with Burger King was that I counted 36 (36!!) members of staff just behind the tills.. consisting of till people, food collector people and bout 5 plain clothed managers. So many that noone actually was able to move anywhere. The brand new chairs are very nice as well.

So onto some rides:Vampire queueline looks fantastic. Basically, the rides TLs decided to get rid of the bricks and put down woodchips.. what an effect its made. Its gorgeous. Not only that, they've added in some theming.. shown below :P.Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageTo compare to last year:Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageAlso, in the "tunnel" bit in the queueline, they've cut some lovely holes in the wall, and put some theming in there!Posted Image Posted ImageThe ride itself was running fantasticly fast.. the staff were putting a hell of a lot of effort into making the dispatch times mentally quick, I couldn't have done better myself (considering I used to work on it..). The bars in the station have been painted professionally.. a lovely deep purple. Only problem I have with vampire is this:Posted Image.All queues are like 5mins max apart from fury which was about 20mins. Bubbles closed (as we knew :P), Fury kept shutting down and Falls was evacuated and not reopened again.. wonder whether that'll open again soon.

Time for general photos:Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageSeastorm has been recladded after it basically fell off last season. The bins seem to be new, and hold a "litter" sign. Vampire pond has been cleaned out (ish). Cadbury castle is now very.. blue. Will it become a Nestle castle? A new mexicana THEMED games unit.Childrens Zoo is very unopened, nor really.. finished:Posted Image Posted ImageSealife! Is a bit.. well its okay, you queue then go into this extremely pointless and empty room which says some "safety" announcements before allowing you to proceed. Not as interesting as other sealifes I've been to.. probably will be better once the fish have grown a bit. The sealife had maps to brighton sealife though (the layout of that centre and whats in it) which we found completely random and.. pointless. Here's an unflattering picture of outside:Posted ImageOverall my day was great, the staff were quick, the place was clean and tidy.. and refreshed, better looking than had done for a while now.And finally.. on the other side of the Burger King, Burger King, Burger King.. is a flash from the past. Any retro Chessie fanboys remember/have a clue what this actually says?:Posted Image

Took my 1st trip of season to chessington last sunday (posting a bit late). In general it was a great day, park was completely dead all day even though it did look busyish from the amount of cars in the car park. It was quite funny seeing the black buccaneer ops having a good old chat as the ride seemed to be deserted for the majority of the day. Longest queue was about 10 mins for dragons fury. The rest were pretty much walk on. Bubbleworks and Dragon falls were down all day. Good to see the park in good condition and enjoyed my look around the sea life, which was pretty good, especcialy the tunnel walk through. From what I could see not much else had changed around the park, the odd bit of themeing here n there. And the new burger king which is looking nice, I like the vampire style shaped chairs ( can't remember if they were there last season). Arrived at the park at about 11:30 ish...Ride Count-Seastorm- 1Vampire- 4Dragons Fury- 4Peeking Heights- 1Ramesis Revenge- 2Runaway Train- 1Rattlesnake- 2Sea Life- (not a ride but what the heck)So tbh I could have got on more but it was fine just taking some videos and shots and rly just wondering the park. So in general a good day, maybe it'll be nicer visiting when the weather warms up.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Chessie with Phill ,Peter and Dan last weekT'was my first time! I am usually an absolute wimp but I reminded myself it was a child's theme park and the rides hadn't been updated for added scafe factor in awhile.Vampire was amazing! went on it three times.Went on tomb blasters countless times until Mike broke it :Dthe queues were non-existant most of the day and we managed to get around to most of the rides and the sealife centerto add to the magic of the day it snowed :Dso we had a snow fight next to the buddhahttp://www.flickr.com/photos/25152746@N05/:D

I went to cwoa & zoo & hotel & sealife & rides yesterday with adz and rich!RIDE count:Rattlesnake: 2Vampire: 2Fury: 2Tomb: 1Seastorm: 4/5?Skyway: 1Swingy thing: 1Falls: 1SEALIFE: 1Carousel: 1Billys Whizzer: 1Carousel: 1Griffins: 1It was awsome day it was so dead.Much fun in playhouse with the amazing JACK DANN *5 dum dum* it got busy and rainy, it became very DULL and DARK so alot of people came in for the dryness but still a laugh. The rides were cool I spose but we had done *everything* by 11 so it got abit borings!Seastorm with a camera was the ride of the day, although it seemed just got a few hundred pics of somones arse and not much else, oh well will try harder next time!Went to nandos after WOO woo m25 fun speeds nice nandos then had abit of a part tpm admin rave in mr marks car!Pics below:I think?

post-1-1206920685_thumb.jpg

post-1-1206920714_thumb.jpg

post-1-1206921030_thumb.jpg

Yeh it was an awesome day. It was brilliant to meet Adz, Marc, Mark, Alex, Sheepie and Jack :D Also we talked to Chivers & Jade.I hate the teacup thing on the Carousel and I felt like I was going to be sick! :DI felt sorry for Jack when you tried to keep taking a picture, also I can't belive we had to go on skyway AGAIN just to TRY and take a picture, which failed! :D Poor Jack!So the highlight of the day was really meeting the amazing people above and having a hug with Sheepie!Also Marc, the links aren't working.

I felt sorry for Jack when you tried to keep taking a picture, also I can't belive we had to go on skyway AGAIN just to TRY and take a picture! :D Poor Jack!

Loved the attention I bet ;p

which failed! :D Poor Jack!

It did, but the one from next to the shop didnt :D

Also Marc, the links aren't working.

Should be ok now!

Went again today with pete for half a day it was goood fun The park are trialing a new open till 7pm thing although today it was pointless as the park was so dead, although staying on vampire god knows how many times is fun and cant complain!Fury I had the best ride ive ever had on it was AWSOME although it seemed to shutdown a billion times and one more at the end of the day to just anoy the staff!Saw the coolest mike in tomb too :DIt was wet and cold but all funThats all really :DRide count:Vampire: 14?Fury 1Tomb 1Jumbos =\ 1Swingy ship thingy 1Griffins 1

Hi Marc, I saw you at Chessington today but didn't say hi. Sorry about that. My step son and I popped in the park at 5 pm to meet up with the rest of the family (after spending the day at Thorpe) and whilst looking around for them, I recognised you from your photo in your posts!The park was really quiet when we got there at 5 pm so I took the opportunity to have 3 goes on Vampire in the rain! I do like that ride. Was tempted to go on the world class Dragon's Fury but it broke down and changed my mind for me!Regards.Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

CWOA & Zoo & Nandos & Driving around Kingston one way system 5 times & Jack Danns house.Cwoa was nice and quiet, rameses and bubbles advertised as closed, rameses did open abit later on though!Did like everything quite quickly really, everything was running pretty well to which was nice to see after previous visit! Ride Count:Fury: 2Rattlesnake: 2Vampire: 1 or 2Tomb Blaster: 2Peeking Heights: 1Runaway Train: 2Skyway: 1Managed to avoid the carousel with evil teacup and jack cos that just hurts!Nandos with mark and jack was nice and scrummy as usual:P Not much more to say!Kingston one way system is horrible and I never want to drive around it again, jack needs to tell me when I'm turning right before its to late, we must of drove (very badly) around it god knows how many times, what a waste of petrol! Jacks house was fun and funny ;) Msn talking to randomers who thought we were drunk, and looking at certain bits of history were very interesting indeed. Also had abit of fun on your number one flash video site! Jack gave me a henery ball for my car which now will live there for fun to be had on future car journeys! All in all was a very good day woo ;)

Kingston one way system is horrible and I never want to drive around it again, jack needs to tell me when I'm turning right before its to late, we must of drove (very badly) around it god knows how many times, what a waste of petrol!

Mr Jack Dann does like doing that. Luckily we only went around it once before I realised where we were and led us to the right direction ;)

• 3 months later...

I went to Chessington today for the first time... in about 6 years, and there were no queues above 15 mins apart from vampire, so awesome... ok anyway ride count:Vampire 2Bubble Works 1Runnaway Train 2Rattlesnake 3 :) Rameses Revenge 2Tomb Blaster 1Billys Whizzer 3 (Yes, I got soaked...)Roger the Dogers Dogems 1Dragons Fury 3Sea Storm 1Black Bucaneer 2(That ride at the 'end' of the land of the dragons) 1 :)I Think that's it...