Thorpe Park: "Open Season" Official Meet

Sheepie

Good evening all of you cheeky members! :huh: I'm very excited to be able to announce plans for our Open Season Meet!We've got two weekends in which we'd like to hold the event, 17th and 24/25 March. Please select from the poll which day suits you best. The option with the most votes shall be the date of the meet. :)However, with that in mind, I am going to conditionally plan the event for Sunday 25th March. Bear in mind we also have an ERT meet on Friday 23rd March.The plan shall be to meet over by The Swarm's fire engine between 11:30am and 12pm.Posted ImageThis will give people time to explore the Swarm area and give people a chance to ride it; we understand that it's a new ride and people will be rushing to go and ride it. I will be handing out my phone number for people attending on the day should there be any problems.For those of you that attended the Chessington meet last year, then we shall be taking a very similar approach. We aim to stay together as a group for the day, going from ride to ride and enjoying getting to know people who you share very similar interests with. If you did attend, then you'd probably agree that it was one of the best (if not best) meets of the year.I don't personally like strict itineraries, especially at theme parks where there are so many factors such as queue times, and occasional break downs, the idea is to just go with the flow and enjoy the day with some awesome people. Whilst we cannot force you to stay with the group, we kindly ask you to wait for the group if you do not wish to ride an attraction out of respect for all members attending this meet. It does get very frustrating when people wander off as it completely undermines the whole purpose of these events; that's me being very honest!The meets are a fantastic laugh and everyone is invited, even if you've never posted before or been to any kind of meet at all. All we request is that you are a member on the forums.With lunch, we realise people have very different tastes, you're welcome to go and eat wherever you'd like, just let people know so we can arrange a time and place to meet back! Once again, everyone will have my phone number so please use it on the day. :DIf anyone has any issues or concerns, feel free to post here, or PM a member of the team and we'll try to help you out as much as we can. Please PM me or post here to say if you're attending. I'll update the lists where appropriate!So to summarise:

Thorpe Park Open Season Meet

Sunday 25th March 2012

Swarm Fire Engine

11:30am-12pm.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageConfirmed as Attending
Maybe Attending

I haave voted for the 17th and will try to book it off work, when will the results be announced? :P The sooner the better so I can get it off (withouth sounding selfish, of course there will be others who need enough time to arrange it off if need be).If it's on the Sunday then again, I will try to boo it off, probably will have more chance of getting it off as Sundays are quieter on the pier.Not sure if that made any sense but meh. :huh:

The reason why I'm suggesting the Saturday is because public transport is a bit iffy on Sundays, people will most likely have work/ college the next day and it was only a short few months ago that people were moaning that all of the meets were on a Sunday! :PI'll be honest, I cannot do that Sunday and very unlikely to be able to attend due to work commitments which I cannot get out of. The meet still can go ahead, just that someone else will have to lead it and take hold of the organisation on the day.

The reason why I'm suggesting the Saturday is because public transport is a bit iffy on Sundays, people will most likely have work/ college the next day and it was only a short few months ago that people were moaning that all of the meets were on a Sunday! :huh:

Exactly, I could not agree more :P Even though Sundays are "quieter" (I mean really, they can't be THAT much quieter, face it, it's going to be quite busy so either way?) I reckon the reason we had low meet numbers last year was due to the fact the meets were Sundays. The SAW open meet was a Saturday and that had a good turn out, for example.I can see both sides but the mod team have had members requesting.suggesting meets not to be on Sundays becuase of public transport and commitments the following day.

Right guys, due to poor planning and judgement on my part, I was unaware that Sunday 18th March was a bad option. After discussing further with members of the team, I have discovered that there will be nobody available to attend on this day. Mark, Ian, Marc, Sidders and I are unavailable. This leaves Ryan to be responsible for everything and I don't think this is fair on him.There are also planned engineering works on that Sunday towards Staines for those of you getting public transport. As a result, I've had to remove that option in the poll. If you voted for that day, please could you choose another option? :)Once again I do apologise, it was my own short-sightedness about the team's availability on this day.

I work saturday's, so for me it would have to be a sunday

Are you able to do Sunday 25th Ryan? :huh:

I haave voted for the 17th and will try to book it off work, when will the results be announced? :P

We will go with the majority. You can view the results once you've voted! :D The most popular right now is Sunday 25th March.

Well, Ian and I will be going to ERT, and as a result it is very unlikely we'll do the 24th/25th (I live near Thorpe, but not THAT near :o ), and the 17th is my brother and sister's birthday. I probably could go if the meet were to be that day, but it's unlikely as I am attending ERT. So maybe next time guys :(

Just a quick reminder to everyone that the poll closes tomorrow. If you're interested in the meet and can make a certain day, then please vote! If you can do more than one day then vote for that too! :)I realise four weeks may seem far in advance, but this is to make sure people can book off any dates should they need to. It's looking likely that the meet shall take place on Sunday 25th March. If you've never been to a meet before then this will be a good one to attend due to the relatively small group of people that are likely to attend!Once we've confirmed the date, if you can attend please use the selections available so we can have a vague idea of who is attending and I can give you contact details. ;) If not, then don't worry, there'll be other meets throughout the season, including Chessington; which was excellent last year. Hope to see all of you at a meet soon.

Alright there duckies!?So we have a confirmed date for our meet. I'm very much looking forward to it! Those of you visiting the park the previous Saturday- be sure to look out as there will be various members and a whole horde of theme parks enthusiasts at the park that day; no doubt you'll bump into people you recognise, say hey! :)Rounding off the details then:Sunday 25th MarchSwarm Fire Engine (Proper picture to be uploaded when one becomes available)11:30am-12pmPlease confirm your attendance by using the nifty buttons in the first post. ;)