Your Plans for 2013

Looking for some advice here from the seasoned members. Fancy booking a little last minute trip to PortAventura (as I seem to be the only member not yet going), does anyone have any advice about the place. I'm particularly worried about crowd levels, as most of what I've read suggests this is a great park that becomes almost unbearable when it gets busy. Would be looking at going early to mid-June, which is a couple of weeks before Spanish schools break up, but will it still be rammed?

Also, has anyone stayed in the official hotels? Are they any good? Can't see much to choose between them, but would prefer one that is a little more sedate. They all seem to be on incredibly cheap offers (seems to be showing me £186 for 2 nights for 2 people with park included?!

Yo Spider, I went to PortAventura last June (the 12th-15th) and to be honest its a gamble on how busy it would be. When we arrived on the Tuesday, Shambhala and Khan were on one train operation and there was barely anyone in the park. On the Wednesday, Shambhala and Khan were on two trains and queues ranged from 10-30 minutes. On the Friday, the park was packed out with hour queues for the majority of the big rides. If you're staying in the hotels (which I'll get to in a second), the best bet is to get the fastpass package. Benin and I are going in September and we have fastpass included and whatever you pay is for the whole of your stay. We opted for the front row package as there are no proper front row queues at PortAventura.

As for hotels, we stayed in the Western themed one and it was really nice and quite relaxed. There wasn't many small kids around as I think the family groups tended to go for the other hotels which are slightly cheaper. The Western hotel had an awesome view as well like this:-

178991_10151803369845427_48099143_n.jpg

which for a coaster geek like me, kept me entertained for hours. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Benin, can you remember roughly what you paid for your PortAventura trip? I remember looking at packages and thinking they were absurdly cheap, (I might be imagining it, but I swear I remember being quoted something like £90-100pp for 2 nights hotel and 3 days park tickets). I'm looking at packages for 2014 but just want to see if what I'm seeing is dramatically more than what I could be paying if I wait a while! I'm so bummed that I never booked that mini holiday last year now!