Your Plans for 2013

So as the new year is getting along I'm sure many of TPM are looking at their calenders and budgets, so where are you going this year? Perhaps a jaunt to the well visited Florida and Orlando, or expanding the horizons in Europe... Or maybe even going to a non-Merlin park in the UK (the HORROR)...

So my plans so far for the year are:

- DLP in March

- Denmark in June (Farup Sommerland, Djurs Sommerland, Legoland, Bon-Bon Land, Bakken and Tivoli)

- New York in August (Coney Island)

And potentially more, but these are the definites (2 are indeed already booked)...

What about the rest of TPM?

Outside the Merlin machine, Disneyland Paris in June for five days. Maybe Oakwood too sometime might be an idea.

As for the inevitable Merlin (aghh) jaunt that will continue, I've not been to Scarefest before so I guess that'd be nice.

That's pretty much it, 2014 and 2015 are both already looking pretty exciting.

Ermmm the hotel Ian and I stayed in last year when we took a trip to Towers was pretty nice. I think it was called The Stuart Hotel (something like that) and it's in Derby :)

As for my plans... lots of discussion but nothing is set in stone as of yet! Well, unless you count Chessie next weekend so I can renew my AP and get a cheeky zoo day in...

My plans are:

- Alton Towers with 3 friends in April

- Las Vegas & Orlando for 3 weeks in July

The Vegas/Orlando trip is already booked, but need to really look into cheap accommodation and tickets for Alton Towers. Not to sure on what the best options are, so will have a in depth look :)

Totally jealous of the Orlando and Vegas trip! Dying to go to Vegas but I'm going to wait until I'm at least 21, that way I can actually DO stuff out there.

Ooh. Well I plan on making it to as many meets this year as possible at UK parks and other attractions too.

Then in May I'm going to La Pineda (little town not far from Salou) with the family and that means PortAventura! This would be my first Theme Park visit that's abroad, very much looking forward to Shambhala, I feel like this could end up being my favourite rollercoaster; also intrigued to find out what Furius Baco really is like. :P

First of all, great idea for a topic Benin! :P

For me, 2013 looks set to be much of the usual, with a couple of extras. No doubt regular Thorpe trips will happen, along with a couple of Chessie trips. This year it looks likely I'll have a couple of days at AT in late summer / early Autumn (currently looking into that; nearby hotels with good transport links are a must there) and, depending on the dates, there should hopefully be a Scarefest visit on the cards as well. Then there'll probably be the usual MAP abuse, with London and Warwick Castle.

When it comes to new cred, Drayton Manor is looking to be happening, either in late Spring / early Summer or Autumn. When it comes to the UK parks I haven't visited, Drayton and Flamingo Land have been the two I've wanted to visit the most, but FL is unlikely to happen this year for various reasons. But still, new cred is new cred.

At the moment, European parks are off the menu it seems, mainly due to costs at this stage. However, looking ahead quite a way into the future, 2015 or 2016 could be quite huge, with the long term plan of saving up enough money to do a large Euro-trip to hit up the big parks I've wanted to visit (at this stage, really don't have a clue where exactly, but Germany, Holland and Italy are countries high up on my list at the moment... A case of waiting another year or two to make more concrete plans...)

I guess I'm just doing normal stuff and maybe a few extras:

Of course trips down to thorpe and chessie :)

I will try make a trip to alton either October half term or summer.

Giezelwind theme park+nurnberg volksfest(Germany) in Easter

Villacher kirchtag(Austria) in summer + maybe Wien prater

Generally, I would love to visit six flags great adventure, New Jersey so I can ride kingda ka :P

This may sound like a lot but half the things aren't planned and are just places I'd like to go to (alton towers, giezelwind theme park etc.)

I think nurnberg volksfest looks so cool because it features of rides like power tower 2, sky rocker, high energy, skater etc.

Giezelwind theme park I would like to go to because it has a boomerang and I have never been on a backwards inverting rollercoaster!

- Going to Blackpool in the Easter holidays

- At least two 3 night trips to Alton Towers

- Visits to Thorpe and Chessington throughout the year (live quite near and have a MAP.)

- Oakwood theme park sometime in the summer break

- Want to visit Drayton Manor as I have never been there

Quite a big year for me, 2013!

Plans:

- Alton Towers (regular basis)

- Thorpe Park (x2 or x3)

- Chessington (x1 or x2)

- Legoland (x1)

- DMP (x1)

- PB (x1)

- Lightwater Valley (x1)

- Flamingoland (x1)

- Plopsaland (x1)

- Europa-Park (x2)

- Six Flags New England (x1)

- Lake Compounce (x1)

- Six Flags Great Adventure (x1)

- Busch Gardens Williamsburg (x1)

- Kings Dominion (x1)

- Knoebels (x1)

- Kennywood (x1)

- Hersheypark (x1)

- Cedar Point (x1)

:D

Quite a big year for me, 2013!

Plans:

- Alton Towers (regular basis)

- Thorpe Park (x2 or x3)

- Chessington (x1 or x2)

- Legoland (x1)

- DMP (x1)

- PB (x1)

- Lightwater Valley (x1)

- Flamingoland (x1)

- Plopsaland (x1)

- Europa-Park (x2)

- Six Flags New England (x1)

- Lake Compounce (x1)

- Six Flags Great Adventure (x1)

- Busch Gardens Williamsburg (x1)

- Kings Dominion (x1)

- Knoebels (x1)

- Kennywood (x1)

- Hersheypark (x1)

- Cedar Point (x1)

:D

Do you even have a job? I'd personally be very interested to know what kind of job pays so well and is so generous with time off. :lol:

Seem as though I'm a poor kid with no car living in the middle of nowhere and Uni in September... I'm hoping to get a singular Thorpe trip in. Anything else, anywhere, is a bonus.

I would probably only be doing one trip to thorpe aswell but now I gotta MAP(annual pass).....

However, I probably will be going down to Austria and maybe to the Wien Prater, it has some of the most unique rides I have ever seen!

Park trips I am hoping to make in 2013 include:

Trips to the various Southern Merlin Parks (Thorpe Park, Chessington and Legoland), Warwick and London attractions

Alton Towers

Manchester based Merlin attractions

Pleasure Beach Blackpool

Merlin Blackpool Attractions

Europa Park

Walt Disney World Resort

Universal Orlando Resort

Seaworld

Busch Gardens

Kennedy Space Center (I know it's not a Theme Park but I'm seriously really excited to visit!)

Get to experience the refurbed Pirates then if going after Towers opening (I don't, cos it's being spiteful and closed for 2 months till the 16th March)...

New York has about 5 coasters around (Cyclone and the Zamperla stuff), plus 1 new at Disney and 31 in Denmark, that's a decent number really for the year... Don't think I'll quite reach 300 though :lol:

EDIT - Actually, I just checked, I will be hitting 300 in New York, Cyclone it is then...