Chessington TPM Trip

AJ

The worse that can happen is that your mum will say no - I understand your anxieties about asking because you clearly want to go to this meet and worry about your mum saying no. However, if you don't ask then you won't even know if she would have said yes or not. Maybe if you showed your Mum the first page of this topic regarding the meet, and if you can get a friend to go along with you then that might help to persuade her. If your Mum takes a look at this topic then it might help as I'm sure she will have anxieties about you going to a meet and not knowing about this website etc.

None of my friends will WANT to go to chessie and if they do they will not want to come with you guys :( I guess I am gonna have to play a game of persuasions!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of this trip, very sorry guys! I'm not sure if this will affect anyone else but South West Trains are carrying out engineering works at Waterloo, and the Waterloo - Chessington South service is affected by this. Quote & link from their website below. Damn. :(

Chessington South to London Waterloo services at 10 & 40 minutes past the hour will be cancelled throughout and replaced by a bus service between Wimbledon and Chessington South. The 15:40 service will be the first train to run from Chessington South to London Waterloo (as will all subsequent departures).

London Waterloo to Chessington South services at 21 & 51 minutes past each hour will be cancelled throughout and replaced by a bus service between Chessington South and Wimbledon. The 16:51 service will be the first train to run from London Waterloo to Chessington South (as will all subsequent departures).

A train service will run between London Waterloo and Wimbledon in both directions however we expect these services to be very busy.

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/MEW.aspx#119213

As if a train journey on a Sunday isn't bad enough this has just completely ruled it out for me... A rail replacement bus service would just add to an already lengthy journey for me, & the first train from my home station is just after 9:00 anyway. Grr. :angry:

Hope you all have a good time anyway. :)