Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Trip Report from today: Friday 04/09A good trip, although it was pretty run of the mill to be honest. Nothing happened that made the trip bad, but nothing happened that made the trip that something extra special. I can't really complain, I didn't see any breakdowns (except from one time when the queue information board in Lost City read "Rumba Rapids is currently unavailable", although everytime I walked past Rumba it was in perfect operation) and full ride availability all day. I didn't see SAW down once, which is a first for me. All of the staff were friendly, and helpful as always. I'm not going to specify any names in particular on here, although there are certain individuals that were very good, not just on this trip but have been over my last several trips this season. The queue times were bearable, although I must admit that the park was very busy compared to what I was expecting. I took the TPE for the first time today, and I've got to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the journey back. The journey there in the morning was a bit of a nightmare: it has hot, smelly, and a random stanger decided to sit on my friends lap.... :( But the journey on the way back to Staines Station was everything I could have hoped for. Very cool inside, we were sat right at the back, there weren't any chavs in my face, and they were playing music that I actually liked! And, we began to leave the park at 6.10pm, and I thought to myself "Oh, the queue for the bus is going to be stupidly long". Anyway, when we got to the bus station, there were three empty busses waiting to load passengers, and only 3 other people waiting to use the bus. It was so easy, and I would definitely use the bus again. But in comparison, yes, the journey to the park was a bit of a nightmare. Overall a good day, lots of good fun was had :(. Ride Count: (Arriving on park at 11am, Leaving at 6pm)Stealth: 2 SAW: 1Colossus: 2Nemesis Inferno: 1Detonator: 1Vortex: 1Quantum: 1X:/ No Way Out: 1Slammer: 1Rush: 2Tidal Wave: 1Logger's Leap: 18/10.One thing that did slightly ruin the day for me though, I went on lots of rides that weren't playing any announcements! This included Samurai, Rush, Slammer etc. It really took some of the atmosphere away from the rides. It may just seem like a few missing announcements, but they really did make a difference to how much I enjoyed my day.

Well today was fairly good. Yeah, nothing amazing or bad happened. The atmosphere was good actually. Only one random note that the powerline speaker over TW fastrack is missing the fuzzy speaker in it. I assume its being replaced. I saw the ECC standing there but tbh I had enough Saw rides already that day lol. Most staff going on about last nights Social. Saw - 13Inferno - 7 (1F)Stealth - 5 (1F)Colossus - 1Rush - 6Fish - 1X - 1Samurai - 1Det - 237 rides.Not bad for a 9.20am - 6pm day! Had KFC and Medical Center visit aswell. Rush lost something in my eye. It was sharp and it hurt. Got my eye washed out. All good now :(

Ok, here we go, trip report from today,Ride Queue TimesSaw: 30mins,Colossus: when it was open...90mins (one train),Stealth: 15mins,Nemesis Inferno: 5-10mins,Rush: 5mins at one point there was two spare rows,Vortex: 5mins,Zodiac: Walk on,Quantum: Walk on re-rides allowed,Slammer: 5mins,Loggers Leap: 15mins,Tidal Wave: 20mins,Rumba Rapids: 20mins,Detonator: 20mins,X: Walk on - 5mins,Flying Fish: Walk on,Teacups: Walk on,Ride CountStealth: 10 (x2 at front)SAW: 5Nemesis Inferno: 3Rush: 3Slammer: 2Loggers Leap: 2Vortex: 2 Zodiac: 2Quantum: 1Tidal Wave: 1Detonator: 1X:\ No Way Out: 3 (don't ask why)Colossus: 1Samurai: 1Total: 37 rides.Today was great, nice weather, small queues and lots of rides, the only thing I will be complaining about is the fact that Colossus was having major problems all day which resulted in it only being open for around 3-3.5 hours, on one train resulting in a 90min queue, luckily we were right next to it when it opened so we got on at the front within 20mins also Samurai didn't open untill quite late either (around 2pm)

Went today with 5 mates, wasn't bad at all apart from them stopping at game stops all the time chatting to the men running them. Ride Count :Saw - 2 Stealth- 2Colossus - 2Nemesis - 1Vortex/Rush/Zodiac - 1Rumba Rapids - 1Samurai - 2Slammer - 1 X - 1Stealth/Colossus/ Nemesis stayed like 5-10 mins all day, Saw was 30 mins. Flats were walk on - 10 mins. Would of wanted to get on a lot more, but as I say, there were lots of stops eg. Talking to other Schoolmates (park was full of our school) , looking at stools, back and forth etc. My mate won a Crocodile thing that split in the Nemesis que line and all white stuff fell everywhere, In end I looked back when we were near Asylum and saw the Stall manager conviscating it and giving him warning for littering (it was everywhere) - Not good at all when you like the place and people giving bad reputation, but ah well, rest of day was awesome.

I'm going tomorrow, expecting short queues of course :)

Expecting short queues gives you a more likely chance of being dissapointed. Never ever go to Thorpe Park expecting short queues. I went on two sundays last year in September (bear in mind Saw wasn't there), and the queues were still pretty high (Colossus + Stealth 90 minutes, Nemesis Inferno + Rush 60 minutes etc). Anything can happen but never go expecting it to be quiet.

Report 13/09/09Today was awesome! :D Didn't beat target of 30 rides, but what the hey.Today was quieter than last time but was really confusing. Why's that Chris?Well, I'll tell you.Thorpe have brought in a new queue time system which, frankly, I dont see the point in doing.It consists of 3 codes, like so-1MIN=quiet (>30 mins)2MINS=moderate (30 -60mins)3MINS=Busy (60 mins+)This caught my attention at about 10:30 as I didn't understand why Saw had a 3 minute queue :P (You could have probably guessed my excitement and then sadness when I walked into the queueline to find a lovely 60 min+ queue in front of me).This would of probably confused many first timers, and plus the fact, you dont know when it is either a 35 minute queue or a 55 min queue (giving number 2 as an example).Other than that, I had a great time, this time going with my friend Luka.Fitted in 21 rides, adding to my top 5 visits (out of 13)RC:-Colossus x2Nemesis x3Stealth x4VortexZodiac x3SamuraiLoggersSaw x3 (twice going in the single rider queue, 5 mins each!)Depth Charge (raced my friend down to the bottom, I won! Victory!)Slammer (hurt very much!)Flying Fish (for the lols)I have a new love: Saw Single Rider queue!Unfortunately, my friend hates single rider so we only got 2 in. I reckon we could of got at least 5 or 6 more.Awesome day!Bad points: We got there and it had already opened, although advertised as 10am on the website. Chavs Smokers Queuejumper in Stealth queue (got about halfway before he was stopped by a group of people) Chavs Cramp in legs now Chavs 3 rides closed whilst we were in the lines, so we left all of them. (Bad move as they all opened again within 5 mins of us leaving the queue! ChavsGood points:Single Rider Saw saved me waiting '3MINS' :P Stealth x4 Burger King Chips Great Ride Count DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!Overall really good day but now I'm knackered. :P:P

It's happened to me before and it's annoying, the first 30 mins is the quietest of the day and you get on the most rides then than at any other time, for example, once on what turned out to be a very busy day I did Nemesis Inferno 5 times without getting out of that particular seat. Also if you were planning on heading for Saw first and beating the rush, you would be too late.

Well it sounds like your being selfish. I'm sure you'd be quick to complain if the queue to get in the park was too long which led to mass crowding and cost you a precious 10 minutes to get in the park all because the park opened dead on 10. Geez it seems that when the park try to do something positive for their guests and effectively manage the crowds and provide that little bit extra by getting rides ready before opening it still doesnt please some people.

You've gone completely overboard on this. James wasn't complaining, nor was he being selfish.

Hey, hey, hey people! This topic is not about arguing, its about people like me boasting over what a great day at thorpe I had whilst everyone else was suck at home xDYeah today was good, part from the maddd journey home :/ Queieng system seems ridiculous to me and is far too confusing, hopefully they'll go back to how it was. Park busyiness wise was moderate today and didnt see any break downs, orightish weather and yeah not a bad day at all xDRide Count-Stealth-2Saw-2Nemesis-1Fish-1Colossus-1Slammer-1Rush-1Zodiac-1Samurai-1Loggers Leap-1 I think that was itCycled from staines to thorpe for the first time and only took 15 mins xD But cause of the bike I had big problems on the way back!

Because of the new queue time system, I found it quite hard to judge queues like Colossus and Stealth (unless of course, I was in one)Colossus was about 5mins for the first half hourSaw was 5 mins at first then went up to '3MINS' (60+)Nemesis was pretty much 15 mins all day apart from when the management made a mistake and put code three on the boards. Unlikely! :P Stealth-10 mins in the morning but then 30 mins all day after that.All flats under 30 mins, Samurai went up to about 45 mins (we waited in that one)Loggers Leap and all water rides walk-ons all day (depth charge we waited 20 mins)PEAK:Colossus: I guess around 60 minsSaw: 60 minsStealth: 40 minsSamurai:40 minsEverything else was under half an hour. (Therefore my pretty decent ride count :P )