Thorpe Park Trip Reports

The person batching has a screen relaying station information?? :P

There is a little monitor on the way up the stairs where the a ride attendant is splitting the queues so the attendant can see when to send the queue up, its hard to explain you have to see it to understand it.

1. Tell me, Stealth888, have you ever had to run a single rider queue line before? 2. When you are 16/18, I'd like to see you do a batch position that deals with a single rider queue line, and then tell me it's just sending people up some stairs.

1. No, I haven't.2. I take into account that you have managed queues, but I was talking about Saw, and I agree, some of the other queues like Stealth and Colossus can be harder because you're not separating groups as easily as Saw, but I was talking about Saw and in my opinion, and judging by the amount of times I have used it, it looks pretty simple to me and at the end of the day, why should it have to be hard for the ride team? Their working at a Theme Park, they should be having the time of their lives.

Not all people working there are going to think 'WOW! I work at Thorpe Park!'.Stealth888 - I only got to use the SRQ for SAW - The Ride twice.1st time - It was totally empty the station, but packed with SRQ people. (So defeats the object of the main queue).2nd time - station was packed with both main and SRQ people. I agree that the SRQ for SAW could work. However, when you get people that doodle to their row, and have to drop off bags and loose belongings, that is where delays to dispatches start.This is why I feel overall that the SRQ does not work.You could try having the SRQ for people with no bags, but that would probably just cause arguments to members of staff.

Also Stealth888, the batcher that is NOT on the stairs but in the main platform has enough to worry about with the main queueline, this is because you can get a lot of people in the loading docks, he needs to batch the correct number of guests in each dock give or take, its not easy for them they have to be on the ball at all times or will just be a complete disaster.If the batcher cocks up on his numbers, they then have a frantic rush to get the single rider on the ride, and like has been said if they have baggage it will then delay even further.

Also Stealth888, the batcher that is NOT on the stairs but in the main platform has enough to worry about with the main queueline, this is because you can get a lot of people in the loading docks, he needs to batch the correct number of guests in each dock give or take, its not easy for them they have to be on the ball at all times or will just be a complete disaster.If the batcher cocks up on his numbers, they then have a frantic rush to get the single rider on the ride, and like has been said if they have baggage it will then delay even further.

There is always some people who don't go in the row they are put in, this happened when I went at the start of September, the car was delayed about 20secs going out becuase a group of 4 chavs wouldn't go in row 2.

Although it's quite obvious that working at a theme park would be fun, it surprises me how some people think that it is one of the easiest jobs in the world. I know from other people, that it can be a very stressful, challenging and difficult job. That said, it can also be an incredibly rewarding job. Chris, you also have to remember that probably most people who work at Thorpe Park are only working there because it is local, and easy to get to. Theme parks probably isn't one of their main interests, but it is a local job that earns them good money. It's the equivalent of me working at Tescos, which is 2 minutes walk down the road.

1. No, I haven't.2. I take into account that you have managed queues, but I was talking about Saw, and I agree, some of the other queues like Stealth and Colossus can be harder because you're not separating groups as easily as Saw, but I was talking about Saw and in my opinion, and judging by the amount of times I have used it, it looks pretty simple to me and at the end of the day, why should it have to be hard for the ride team? Their working at a Theme Park, they should be having the time of their lives.

Right, well the original post by James (I believe) said he wished there was single rider on other rides, not just Stealth and Saw, hence why I mentioned the fact that on other rides it creates stress and pressure and can hinder the ride more then help it.I'm not saying it's hard for the ride team at all because in theory it shouldn't be. But guests are notoriously difficult to work with. You'd think after queuing however long for a ride they would be all ready and speedy but no, they never are whether it's down to ignorance, fear or whatever.Working at a theme park isn't necessarily fun. It's a very repetitive job, it can be in very loud conditions, and if you are an operator you could be by yourself all day with no guest contact. Maybe you need to work at a theme park to really understand that it isn't all fun and games, tea-parties on the ceiling and riding rides all day long. It's long, physical work with very many guests never appreciative of the hard work the teams put in for up to 12 hours a day.

okay, fine, ihave read what you guys said and I'm starting to think igot the wrong idea.It's just that on the day I went the Saw ride team were doing really well to get the dispatches done on time, and I just thought mabye that was normal.They seemed not pressured at all, they were calm and maybe I just went on a day which was relatively quiet.Sorry if I misunderstood you, mark, I just dont have the experience and hopefully I will when I apply for a job there.I have to agree that it looks like a repetitive job, and the operators look bored out of thier minds sometimes. When I said 'time of thier lives' I was talking about the staff whos jobs do involve 'guest contact' so to speak, and so that is the area I would like to work in.Of course, you have worked in the situations we have discussed so maybe your views are somewhat different to mine (I.e.you may be sick of the sight of a loading station, I could be bubbling with excitement on my first day)<just giving a point there. :P

Today I went to Thorpe Park with Jack (Jack the sack on here) and two of my college friends.We had a really great day today. The ques were very short from 0-15 mins, so we managed to get on quite a lot of them. Stealth and Tidal Wave were closed today, I wasn't happy about Stealth being closed though since I wanted to go on that before I left.For the ride count for today...not very good, but I'll put it down haha.Nemesis Inferno - 2Colossus - 1SAW - 1 =/Rush - 3Detonator - 2 (first time)Samurai - 1 (first time)Vortex - 1Slammer - 1 (first time)X:\ No way out - 1Quantum - 1 (first time)Logger's leap - 1 (Would of be 2, but we didn't have enough time)Mr Monkeys Banana ride - 1Rumba Rapids - 1

Today I went to Thorpe Park with Jack (Jack the sack on here) and two of my college friends.We had a really great day today. The ques were very short from 0-15 mins, so we managed to get on quite a lot of them. Stealth and Tidal Wave were closed today, I wasn't happy about Stealth being closed though since I wanted to go on that before I left.For the ride count for today...not very good, but I'll put it down haha.Nemesis Inferno - 2Colossus - 1SAW - 1 =/Rush - 3Detonator - 2 (first time)Samurai - 1 (first time)Vortex - 1Slammer - 1 (first time)X:\ No way out - 1Quantum - 1 (first time)Logger's leap - 1 (Would of be 2, but we didn't have enough time)Mr Monkeys Banana ride - 1Rumba Rapids - 1

Glad you had a good day Chantelle, shame about Stealth though.

Went to Thorpe Park today with my brother and two friends (all wearing blue hoodies lol). Stealth was closed all day. Only had about 3 test runs. Saw was amazing today.Ride count:Saw the ride x3Colossus x2Slammer x3Nemesis Inferno x1Rush x1Samurai x1Vortex x1Quantum x1Rumba Rapids x2Teacups x2X no way out x1Loggers Leap x1Rush was working with one swing, Samurai broke down around lunch time for the rest of the day, Saw and nemesis both broke down for a little while. Longest queue I saw was Nemesis 40mins.

I went yesterday,Had an amazing day, with very small queues!Stealth and Tidal Wave were down all day.The staff were amazing, all of them were in good moods, and made the day a lot better.I also saw some of 'Scream if you know the answer' being filmed.Ride count:SAW - 25Nemesis Inferno - 6Colossus - 1Slammer - 4Loggers Leap, Quantum, Rush, Vortex, Samurai, Detonator - 1The longest queues I saw for each ride was:SAW - 15 minsColossus - 15 minsNemesis Inferno - 20 minsFlat rides - 0-10 mins

I was lucky enough to attend the private event last night (John Lewis hired the park out last night and tonight) with Rob and Marc. It wasn't really a preview of Fright Nights (and wasn't meant to be, was just meant to be a private event but it happens to be nearly Fright Nights lol) but obviously lots of the theming is complete/almost complete...won't spoil anything (I think it will be better being surprised too!) but it's looking pretty dam awesome so far! :DAlthough the mazes were open for us!Nemesis Inferno OMG!And the actors in the SAW queueline...well let's just say I like the masks they wear, very effective! Although if you haven't seen the films it won't make any sense. But they look brilliant, there was quite a lot of them and they all did great jobs, hope they remain that way throughout Fright Nights!Mazes were as good as usual, some have been improved with great results (and reactions lol)! :DOh and just an off-topic piece of info (but handy!)...if, like we did last night, you're ever in the area and decide to drink, need to buy alcohol but it's like 1am and a Saturday (so pretty much nowhere to get alcohol from)...go to the Total petrol station in Heathrow, down the road from the Thistle hotel (which I pretty close to T5). 24hr licence! Random I know! :o but you never know when you need random information like that, especially if you're as random as we were last night! Posted Image*cough*:PAnyway, back on topic! :o

Me and 10 other club members went yesterday, and could'nt believe how quiet the park was.I think the longest queue we found was Stealth during the night, as they had taken a train off. Still can't get over the fact that we were the Saw queue at one stage, straight into the station and onto the cars waiting in the station.Ride Count.Nemesis Inferno 3Stealth 8Colossus 2Loggers Leap 1Samurai 2Rocky Express 1Canada Creek Railroad 1Vortex 1Quantum 1Saw 3Rapids 3 circuits without getting offRush 1X://WTF 1Slammer1The curse. 1 (crap)7. 2Assylum 1Probably the best day I have had at Thorpe in ages. Well done all.Especially Nemesis Inferno during the night, how much mist and smoke? Absolutley awesome.