Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I went today, it was my birthday so I only spent about 2 1/2 hours there. Got on Stealth front row, Nemesis front row, Slammer and Samurai. Slammer had Really bad loading time (about 20 - 30 mins) and then the same on Samurai (not sorting rows while ride went on). But enjoyed my few hours there :blink:

Sorry for going off topic but,Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one! Get anything nice?(also sorry for double posting :blink: )

decided to go straight to SAW, we were the first people in the queue for that

I think I saw your group. were you with 3 other boys? Its just that I saw the first group of people in front of the entrance as I went into the overfill queue. <(if you can call it that)And 20 rides on Saw? You are a saint. I'm guessing single rider? :blink:

I think I saw your group. were you with 3 other boys? Its just that I saw the first group of people in front of the entrance as I went into the overfill queue. <(if you can call it that)And 20 rides on Saw? You are a saint. I'm guessing single rider? :blink:

I was with one other person, but there were two other boys behind us, so it was probably us :blink:

Had a great day today-cant remeber queue times but nothing reached higher than 20mins Ride Count; Stealth 18 Saw 21 Nemesis Inferno 4 Colossus 6 Rush 2 Slammer 3 Quantum (ended up getting stuck on this as some chav was touching the gates as we came down resulting in the ride to stop and was stranded for 20+ mins with tight restraints) Vortex 3 Tidal 2 Loggers 4 Rumba 1 Detonator 6 Zodiac 1 The only anoying thing was the filming with those celebs which resulted in both Stealth and Nemesis Inferno reduced to one train and shut for around 45mins. Still got to see katie price :blink:

For me, single rider wasn't a way to get on rides loads of times, it was just a way to get on the rides. The people I go with usually either won't go on a lot of the rides or aren't prepared to queue long amounts of time, and a good day out for me isn't queueing for hours at a time by myself.Like has been mentioned it is great on the rides it's in operation, but on the rides it's not it's just bloomin' frustrating to see 2-3 empty seats on every cycle, and to watch from the sides thinking, " I could be on there now at no extra cost to anyone"

Like has been mentioned it is great on the rides it's in operation, but on the rides it's not it's just bloomin' frustrating to see 2-3 empty seats on every cycle, and to watch from the sides thinking, " I could be on there now at no extra cost to anyone"

Maybe not extra cost, but most definitely at extra stress and pressure for the staff member trying to run a ride and a single rider queue line....

Maybe not extra cost, but most definitely at extra stress and pressure for the staff member trying to run a ride and a single rider queue line....

I have to agree with that, the people in the station sending everyone to their rows do a very good job and work very hard, last time I went I could see some people working exceptionally hard, so yes, a single rider queue is good but does come at a cost.

its sending people up stairs.... :P

yeah I know but thats pretty much it in a nutshell(btw I do know they have to look at the screen to see how long the line in the station is and blah blah blah)

Don't be so naive and don't be so patronizing. Tell me, Stealth888, have you ever had to run a single rider queue line before? Chances are no. Thankfully, I am not just talking out of my backside as I frequently ran the single rider queue line at Dragons Fury and it was a complete nightmare trying to get single riders into the cars and keep the ride moving. Besides, you say it's sending people up stairs, no it's not. On Stealth, you have to batch onto the ride, Main queue and Fastrack. They have a 60 second window to do this and trying to get single riders onto the ride with the previous in mind can add a lot of stress onto what is already a very stressful position.When you are 16/18, I'd like to see you do a batch position that deals with a single rider queue line, and then tell me it's just sending people up some stairs.