The Legoland Topic

Benin

I swear we had one, but it's clear we don't...

This is for alllll the Legolands (and Discovery Centres in the world), and to start this off with a bang...

http://www.legoland.dk/en/About-LEGOLAND/Press/Press/press_ghost/

Ghost is a £3.6 million investment including 2 floors of themed stuff, a mirror maze and drop tower finale... It looks AMAZE <3

Why can't we have something like that at our Legoland? I might actually visit once in a while then!

They get enough visitors already without adding anything interesting. Whilst that should be a reason to invest, Merlin probably take it that people go anyway without the need to add things. So sorry about that Coaster Jamie, they don't need you to visit that eagerly. ;)

There are a lot of rides Legoland Windsor could do with, robo arms, new coaster, haunted house ride and numerous walkthroughs.

However I fear most of those won't happen for a while, if ever and in recent seasons they've barely added anything new and instead been rehashing older areas with rethemes and new playgrounds aka Duplo Valley, which they will be retheming Pirates Landing with a new play area this year, not the what the park needs right now IMO.

legoland still seems to be ever so popular year on year, even with these cheap rethemes... I would say once they finish with the small rethemes they could actually get a new ride, but with how long in between, I doubt we'll see anything new - they hardly seem to have the space to expand without removing an existing ride which is unlikely. Merlin are reactive, and not proactive... they will wait for visitors to drop dramatically before adding something to do something about it, not keep customers happy and coming back to new rides which may increase their guests.

• 6 years later...

Using this thread as can't find one for Legoland Florida, and can't be bothered to make a new one, please move if there is one.

Legoland Florida are pulling an interesting marketing stunt to launch their new pirate hotel. Nik Wallenda, who just tight roped across a volcano, however became instantly hated by many for wearing a safety harness, hence eliminating the risk of death on live TV will be walking the plank at the new hotel.

Doesn't really seem like that target market here as most people wh tune in to watch him are only watching to see if he essentially falls.  And will he be wearing a harness?

https://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/nik-wallenda-set-to-walk-the-plank-for-opening-of-pirate-island-hotel-at-legoland-florida-resort