Pricing

Olistjj

Question

I was just wondering how the park can justify only discounting concession prices on a 1 day online ticket by £2 to £22.99, that seems a bit steep considering MOST elderly people who go there aren't going for the rides, they are usually with a family and are there for people too young as company or just to spend a day with grand-kids etc. Does anyone else think they should offer a highly discounted ticket for people who will not be going on the rides such as the elderly or others and make them them wear something like a wristband so they cannot get on the rides? Seems like it would be fairer for those people.

9 answers to this question

The difficult thing is how do you know who will ride the rides and who will just be looking around? Unless they implement some kind of wristband system (Which tbh I wouldn't like to see) theres not much they really could do to make it work effectively.

I think he is trying to say that just because you may be elderly you may still want to ride any attraction no matter how thrilling going back to the point that the concession price is to accommodate both types of non-riders and riders as it's too hard to distinguish between the two.

In my time at the park I have seen many elderly people ride Stealth. You just can't discriminate. If they want a cheap family outing to spent time with them, maybe THORPE isn't the place, as you would spend most of the day waiting for your family to queue ride and exit the rides.

Unfortunately its a two way coin. Some do, some don't.

I'll reply to this when I find your point...

Ricky's covered it, but I await your reply as my point has been explained (did it really need explaining? I mean it was pretty clear that it was in reference to having someone who was in the concession price-range had a distinct desire to ride everything until she was prevented to for medical reasons, oh well)...

The trouble with a wristband system is you'd need to give wristbands to those who ARE going to be riding the rides (otherwise one could easily get a wristband and then take it off when they get into the park).

This then makes everything more difficult, adding a few more costs to the general running of the park, and makes it more difficult for guests. A wristband system would just be silly.