2014 TV advert

Kane1234

Question

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that they sell them for this cheap. But Thorpe Park encourage people to buy tickets online, 2 days in advance for cheaper tickets so they know how many people are going to the park. But if everyone is buying annual passes, they won't know the numbers before the day?

Someone compared to Six Flags, which is actually ridiculous value, since you can visit all their parks for sommat stupid like $70...

Considering Thorpe were crap at selling APs, it's no surprise they've literally gone the whole hog and made it insanely cheap for their own park one... Though I'm not 100% sure why Londoners would go for such a pass over the MAP one personally...

Considering Thorpe were crap at selling APs, it's no surprise they've literally gone the whole hog and made it insanely cheap for their own park one... Though I'm not 100% sure why Londoners would go for such a pass over the MAP one personally...

I can kind of see why you would get a TP pass over a Merlin one if you really only visited TP because of the price, I think if you was say considering spending £120 on a Alton pass it would be crazy to not pay the extra

When Merlin posted their financial things online (see the Merlin topic), it says about how they're trying a new ticketing strategy for Thorpe, with a big focus on APs.

Makes sense really; encourage people to come back as much as possible, have a big focus on customer satisfaction too, and it all works out nicely for the park. Then they can really make their money by having good food and merch.

It's a bit of a risky strategy, but I think it'll pay off.

I think Dean hit it on the head; for little more than a one-off admission they can entice people to get the pass, and guarantee a return; even if it's just a second visit. And by doing so it guarantees some kind of spend on park in the form of food and drink, a likelihood of a car park charge; and potentially a retail spend. So it's a clever way to encourage people to return; and when people have a season pass, they're likely to visit more than twice. It's the same concept as the rainy day guarantee.

It's also worth noting it's a limited time offer; and not advertised as being for the whole season.

They are still offering a season pass for £48 all season after the end of April.

But considering that a lot of people use 2for1 vouchers (so two people get in for £48) this is encouraging people to spend twice what they would on admission so the park get more money up front. Also a guest would need to visit three times over the season for it to be more worthwhile to have spent the full £48 on season ticket instead of using a 2for1 and getting two people in for £48.