How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Queueing wise, if you want the rides it would be better to go on the Friday as all main occupants at Thorpe will be at school and won't get there till around 4ish.My advice 10am - 3:30pm, get on as many rides as possible, & as its early on in Fright Nights the park shouldnt be rammed during the day for the above reasons. 3:30pm - choose your first maze - Personally I'd go for 2011's new attraction OR the Asylum as they will very likely be the most popular. (If you get in there early you will beat the mad rush when the school kids arrive around 4ish!After your first maze do the other mazes if you wish early on. This is the way I've done it in the past, it just makes sure you get the best of Rides & Mazes!

HeyI've been to Thorpe many times and I'm usually quite good at picking the quiet days but with Fright Nights I have no idea. Will Friday 21st be okay. As long as we can fit at least 1 ride on everything including the mazes I'm happy but thought it worth checking before I go and buy the ticket.Many Thanks

Is this Thursday (6th) likely to be busy? I have a half day, so I'm getting there like 2.

It probably will be. My school and 3 others in the area all close at 12 and all anyone can talk about is how they can go to Thorpe on a quiet day when really, they themselves are going to make it busy!

Oh fab. Meh. But then..not everyone has an annual pass do they?

You can say that... but remember what AP day in March ended up like? :blush: I say it'll be pretty average, not really expecting it to be massively busy, then again not dead quiet. Hopefully it'll be nice and quiet this weekend. :D

You can say that... but remember what AP day in March ended up like? :blush: I say it'll be pretty average, not really expecting it to be massively busy, then again not dead quiet. Hopefully it'll be nice and quiet this weekend. :D

Oh yeah. AP day. Worst day ever. I can just about cope with a normal day. So it should be okay.

Hey! I'm new to this website and I am still sorta getting used to it, but I am a regular visiter so I thought I may aswell create a user! Urm yeah, My question is I am due to be going to Thorpe Park on the 17th of october. It is a monday but doesnt fall on a fright night date. Any ideas about queue times and if it will be extreamly busy? Thankyou =)

I am expecting thorpe park to be medium busy this saturday! I was just wondering what time do the mazes open this year? Is it 4 or 5? thanks! I am guessing its best to go on experiment 10 and asylum first then the other 2 you can do nearly anytime because there usually quieter because of there situation!

errrmmmm may I ask why there is a topic for this, there is absolutely NO WAY you can predict how busy a theme park will be on a particular day.YES you can take a guess based on previous years, but there are a few factors that actually go into each day into how busy it will be like the weather,accidents on local roads/motorways,unexpected lots of coach trips,any public holidays etc. I went to Thorpe back on June 30th, and expected it to be really quiet, and when I suddenly heard about the big public union strike, I was still maybe expecting to be quiet(ish) but NOPE, It was pretty dam busy that day, I'm guessing that because so many people were suddenly not working that day,most people thought of going to a theme park or going somewhere out to make a day of it.There's also been 2 times in the past I've been to Legoland in the middle of the week expecting the park to be really quiet/dead, but I've been stunned on both those occasions in that the park has been pretty heaving(Its stunning to say the least) and proves you cant really judge when a park will be quiet. I'm not saying we shouldnt continue with this topic, but I'm only speaking the truth, you cant predict the future, also when people do answer and give a prediction, it could make it worse for the person who turns up expecting it to be really quiet when it could easily turn out to be really busy. I'm just one of those people who just turns up and waits to see what happens, If its busy,oh well, you just try to make it the best day you can, If its really quiet, then BONUS, You can chill for most of the day while still going for a number of max rides and taking advantage of it

Yeah about that. I'd rather have one topic with the question "How busy it is going to be" then hundreds and hundreds of topics asking the same question for any particular day.As my opening post says quite explicitily."Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!""Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds. "

Hey guys,I went to Thorpe Park on Monday the 17th and just to confirm that date was not a fright night and it was when all the kids were at school so we were expecting it to be quiet, however, I have wrote down the queue times for that day to hopefully give some of you guys an idea of what it will likely be like when you visit:Stealth was a whopping 50 Mins (If there is 2 of you going on and you dont mind being split I wud really recommend Single Rider as me and my sister did this and we walked on)Saw - 20 MinsSaw Alive - 25 MinsSamurai - 20 MinsLoggers Leap - 0 MinsMr Monkeys Banana Ride - 0 MinsRush - 20 Mins (Only 1 arm was working)Vortex - 5 MinsQuantum - 0 MinsZodiac - 10 MinsNemesis Inferno - 10 MinsStorm Surge - 20 Mins (seemed shorter though)Colossus - 30 MinsDetonator - 0 MinsNOTE: Slammer and Rumba Rapids were closed all day.

I personally wouldnt think it will be too bad. If theres a massive queue at the ticket booths it doesnt really mean its going to be rammed and have massive queues so dont be fooled. I once went like the first week of fright nights and it was dead, and I mean literally everything was walk on but Thorpe nowadays is gonna pretty much always be abit busy.You should be okay, although ild expect queues no longer than 20 mins. The fact that the date your going falls on a fright night means people will be turning up around 4pm, so thats when it will start to get abit more busier.Have a great day though!