season pass entrance

ammyj

Question

14 answers to this question

The annual pass entrance on the right usually opens about 10minutes before the park opens to allow annual pass guests in... You either scan the pass on the single turnstile that is there and someone may (but not always) check your photo once you go through, or there is a member of staff with a handheld scanner and will check your photo and pass and then let you through the gate.

Depends on the system they use, they often use a few. If you get there early and queue in the Annual Pass queue (on the right hand side of admissions) then somebody usually walks down the queue scanning passes and stamping hands. Then you just walk through the gate showing your stamped hand. If they're not doing this then there is a scanning annual pass turnstile, where you just scan your pass to get in, along with a manned gate where the person checks your pass and you walk through.

Annual Pass holders are also allowed into the park 30 mins before rides open for early ride time.

Hope this helps!

It's something they've trialled recently this season. They only advertise it for Shark Hotel guests, but they also are letting AP guests in earlier too it seems. They try and have all rides available, but since advertised ride opening is half 9 (or 10, depending on the day I guess), it doesn't always happen.

Towards the beginning of the season, it was more like 10-15mins early, but if it's now a full half hour early, then that's great!

I think it is only annual pass holders they are letting in half an hour early, they didn't have the normal turnstiles open at 9:30, only the ones for annual pass holders on the right.

Just to confirm, it is all rides. Except the ones that are unavailable on the day of course.

Thanks, I'll get their earlier from now on then!

This season, the park are always opening at half 9 for weekends and all holidays (except FN, as usual). So non-AP holders aren't missing out and the park are open for longer to AP holders. :)

Thanks for that, I was under the impression that it was 10am, as that's what it says on their website :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll get their earlier from now on then!

Thanks for that, I was under the impression that it was 10am, as that's what it says on their website :rolleyes:

Ah, I've just checked and yes, it's saying 10am!

I got myself confused - Thorpe no longer close at 5 on weekends, they close at at least 6. Oops. In that case, probably best to ignore a lot of what I just said; it may not be wholly true. Sorry :/

You have got to remember for Thorpe that even though MAP, TAP and Shark Hotel guests normally get in between 10 and 30 minutes before the park actually opens there are still engineer and ride operator checks with a manager or team leader have to sign the ride off. Only then the ride can open.

If an engineer hasn't handed the ride over to the rides department then the ride operators cannot do their checks and so on so ERT depends on whether the ride is ready and can open early. If not most rides are ready 5 minutes before the park opens.

Edited by IanNem
re-written to make more understandable