Upcharge attractions - would they work at Thorpe?

GladiatorFanKyle

It is an upcharge attraction.

I hate to see something which resembles a traditional ride as pay per use inside a theme park, something like a bungee shot (or waverider!) is fine though - no one looking at it would ever reasonably expect it to be included for everyone. 

Adventure Island charges for the dodgems and go karts. I think the dodgems are like £5 now! When I was younger, I remember them only being about £2! I think that more conventional paid attractions, like slingshots, waveriders and even go karts are fair enough. But Thorpe Park is a theme park(surprise!), and I think having too many 'proper rides' as an upcharge attraction could potentially spark comparisons to a fun fair.

Also, just because you don't class a waverider as a 'proper ride', doesn't make it a mere slideshow, it is infact an attraction.

Installing an upcharge ride just wouldn't happen.  There would be uproar and given the pricing structure, the uproar would be justifiable in my eyes.

Installing an upcharge attraction, like a Waverider, or perhaps even a show/maze, could well happen (since it has!).  Can't see too many though; the odd couple at most.

Installing an upcharge ride just wouldn't happen.  There would be uproar and given the pricing structure, the uproar would be justifiable in my eyes.

Saying that you'd be amazed at just how many people come up to Dodgems asking 'how much?' then being surprised the answer is nothing. 

Still shouldn't happen though for the obvious reasons.