TPMs resident DJ

pluk

Sorry ;)

WEDNESDAY - a guilty pleasure.

So in the process of deciding, it turns out that I have quite a few :ninja: I'll post the top 3 to make up for all delays this week ;)

First - and possibly the cheesiest party song ever...

http://youtu.be/0V6N4elMVX4

I KNOW, I KNOW! But it's so bad that it's kinda happy/cheerful, it reminds me of parties as a kid, and also of working on the last day of the season at Thorpe in 08 - they played this in the morning on Colossus, when the first guests entered the station and when the first train dispatched :D

The video is hideous and makes the song even worse! I couldn't help laughing at the bus conductor spinning on the pole, the guys jumping around on the train platform, and the milk bottles - wtf?!

Second

http://youtu.be/RTjC6rxHz8g

I love it! So catchy! :lol:

Third

http://youtu.be/a3ir9HC9vYg

Because you've gotta love a bit of 80s! Such epic noise going on in this song! The only thing I'd say is cheesy about it is the lyrics :P

And a few other mentions:

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (Lololol)

Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song

Duran Duran - A View To A Kill (Another epic 80s song!)

Alexander O'Neale - Criticize

Quite a few Pet Shop Boys songs too :ph34r: I blame my brother!

Gaah! Ok after this I should actually post on time :blush:

THURSDAY - anything goes

Hmm, tricky. A lot of songs that are special to me are from when I was younger, purely because of the memories they stir up or I associate them with. But there are so many! Then there those whose lyrics mean something...!

So, the main song I've chosen combines all these...

My first holiday abroad was to Jamaica when I was 4, and my parents played reggae music quite often, particularly in the summer. So this brings back happy memories from childhood summers, and even though I don't remember actually hearing Bob Marley songs on any Caribbean holidays, there's obviously the association. I find the song and the lyrics so calming too; for years, I've often sung them to myself in my head during difficult times and/or to calm myself down :)

Now this was a very tough choice, so I will post the other one because I really do love it as much, again mainly because of the lyrics...

Firstly, I have to thank Sidders for introducing me to The Sound of Arrows, amongst other great music ^_^

I think anyone can relate to the lyrics in this song, certainly the main lyrics/the title. For me personally, it's helped me through a lot over the past few years, and I can really relate to pretty much all of the lyrics. Then you have everything else in the song being so epic, and the beat is sort of "motivating". Also, I love the long intro and the fact that it's a lengthy song!

Is nobody going to give any feedback this week? :unsure:

FRIDAY - your favorite party track.

http://youtu.be/mfWb_60lhw0

God I miss 90s dance songs!

A few others:

Faithless - Insomnia

Whigfield - Saturday Night :D

Avicii - Levels

Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing Reminds me of the last wedding I went to and drunk dancing with my brother and step-brother :P I still have all the videos somewhere...

SATURDAY - simply the best record ever made.

There are a lot of brilliant songs out there that I love, but this is just incredible:

http://youtu.be/UDoEqBas4Y0

It's beautifully epic. It's moving - in the way that when the song picks up again and from that point onwards, it feels like a breakthrough, like I can achieve anything, like some wonderful, inspirational ending. Perfectly fitting for its title and the last song on the album "Hurry Up I'm Dreaming".

Again, thanks to Sidders (and Valentez :ninja: ) for getting me into M83, such amazing music that really takes you out of this world.

Also gotta mention Imagine Dragons :wub:

Well, I hope you've all enjoyed the randomness of DJ Mer :D I'll leave you with a fun fact: my uncle has been DJing for years, has a show on Point Blank FM on Tuesday evenings and was at Ministry of Sound on Boxing Day night :o

hey sorry for missing first 2 days whoops wouldent be a dj if I wassent late
first track ever bought

next it is

I'm a massive fan of sub focus and need some dance tracks to be a dj
okay I'm on point today getting the day that I am ment to do and it is a big hurdle for me to come out and say this is my guilty plessure I am normaly a massive hater on moden pop music but it has to be

tommorw will be good you wont be late!

When you see me DJ in a couple of weeks you'll know I'm not trying to be cool, I'm as cheesy as you get but Taylor drives me mad and not in a good way.

She's beautiful if you like skeletons but she is unhealthily thin (with a bit of a horse face), when being interviewed that niceness for me appears fake. I believe she also took her songs off spotify (never used the service but the majority of other artists like her don't seem to have a problem with it). She writes countless songs about her love dramas - once in a while ok but come on I'm sick of the same story now, it was actually refreshing when she released shake it off as it was once a song with a message people could use.

If it's not about love it's trying to blame others for her doings. I believe bad blood on her latest album goes on about katy Perry stealing her backing dancers even though they were already contracted to perform for Perry before they went on tour with taylor. (Don't mess with my Katy - now she's a woman)

She's a fine figure of a woman! That seems to be her natural self, and it's natural beauty. You seen Perry without her slap on? Looks like a different person. Now there's nothing wrong with how she looks naturally, but why hide it under the constant fakery? 

Seems really sweet and down to earth

I'm a grumpy old emotional husk of a man, but C'mon! That's just lovely.

I seem to have turned into a 13 year old girl.