TPMs resident DJ

pluk

MONDAY - the first record you ever bought (or downloaded if you are a child of the 00's). However embarrassing it may be.

Alien Ant Farm – Smooth Criminal

I heard it. I liked it. I didn’t know it was a cover. I used to listen to the full album constantly but I have felt the desire to listen to anything else the band have created.

TUESDAY - your hottest record in the world right now. It better be good!

I’m defining hottest as songs that have been released in the last few months. I have been pretty awful at keeping up with new releases recently. Lucy Rose, Florence + The Machine, Blur, Nordic Giants and Django Django have all released some great songs but my favourite has to be The Chemical Brothers' new single. I’m not entirely sold on the video but who cares when it sounds this good? I’m hoping this sparks a revival of their older catalogue being played in clubs again

WEDNESDAY - a guilty pleasure. Because everyone loves a bit of cheese

I am in shock that this hasn't been suggested already.

You breathe a sigh of relief. The queue isn't out of the station. You put your bag in the mandatory lockers and head up the stairs. A wall of heat, noise and body odour hits you. The station is closer to hell's kitchen than theme park. The stacking of trains is insufferable and yet once you leave, you can't help but miss the completely out of place soundtrack and the sight of fully grown adults struggling to operate a restraint system.

THURSDAY - anything goes. Something special to you, for whatever reason you fancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Euj9f3gdyM

I watched Scenes from the Suburbs when I was about to leave the suburbs so even though it isn’t the best short movie ever and some of the songs feel shoehorned in, I saw it at the right time to have an impact on me.

Yeah their last two albums are pretty long 

FRIDAY - your favorite party track. It is the weekend after all.

My problem is that when I get drunk, I love cheese. Before that though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr90nbqxuZk

Grabbing the nearest person you vaguely know and screaming your lungs out, all the while trying to not spill your drink.

• 4 weeks later...