TPMs resident DJ

pluk

WEDNESDAY - A guilty pleasure

I know a lot of people love this song as Garrix is kinda popular at the moment, but for me it's a guilty pleasure! :P I think the song itself is awful, as are all of this guy's songs tbh. It's the same beat, same sort of melody in the same order over and over again, but this one I find annoyingly catchy! Nothing wrong with a bit of a rave now and then :D

what made me like this song, as I had heard it ages ago, was that it was played at alton towers fireworks, and I knew I recognised it, just had to find it aha!

TUESDAY - Your hottest record in the world right now

I don't have one favourite song that stands out above all others at the moment, however I've had a soft spot for So Good To Me by Chris Malinchak. I just love the sound of it, reminds me of Animal Kingdom or Chessington because of it's African vibes <3 

To me it's a happy sound, but also so relaxing and let's me have a few minutes to reflect and look forward to the future! Wow I sound so cheesy :P

Where on earth in this track are you hearing anything remotely African!?

WEDNESDAY - A guilty pleasure

I have two particularly guilty pleasures, but there's one which I think is more guilty than the other...

To be honest, I hate the song so so much.  However, every time I hear it, I find myself singing along to it (very badly of course!).  Very very irritating.

(For those interested,

is the other high-up guilty pleasure)

:ninja:

:o:bad::ohmy:   ... I mean, that is approaching a warn. I appreciate your honesty but seriously, don't subject us to anything like that ever again!

I tempted to say that, as a Contributor, you technically shouldn't be able to give me a warn, but I don't want to push my luck and tempt fate! ;)

Anyways...

THURSDAY - Anything goes

Been thinking long and hard what to do for today.  But one choice that I kept coming back to was this...

I've yet to meet someone who dislikes this (though, I expect I will do now that I've said this! :P ).  This has been played at any small party / get together I've been to over the past few years.  It's just one that everyone enjoys, sings along to and such.  So yeah, seemed appropriate that this made an appearance this week!

Time to end on a high...

SATURDAY - Simply the best record ever made

Simple choice for me:

First time I heard this was during a fireworks event at Thorpe (must have been sometime between 2001-2003?  Definitely was when there were lasers included in their shows).  Loved it.  Since then, hearing it gives me - albeit vague - memories of that show and, as time goes on, so many more memories.  Then, of course, it's just a brilliant tune!

And that's it for me.  JoshC. - over and out.

Expect a very different selection from me, unlike the previous lot! ;)

MONDAY - the first record you ever bought

I can thank my brother for first purchasing the stuff I listen to...and as I bought this over the weekend, I guess that makes this my first!:

(Bear in mind this artist may be repeated once more later on)

THURSDAY - anything goes

This will ALWAYS remind me of my final day at Charters (my old secondary school) before GCSEs! The teachers had done an AMAZING music video of their own with this song in the background and showed this during our final assembly! :wub:

Shout out to Mr Walker for taking on the role of Pharrell Williams! :lol:

SATURDAY - simply the best record ever made

(Bear in mind this artist may be repeated once more later on)

Well, I kept my promise!

Everything about this track is just amazing. The tune, the lyrics (ie. "If I had a gun, I'd shoot a hole into the sun...and love would burn this city down for you.")...even the video for it just completes it! (ie. Noel randomly appearing as a priest xD)

...Oh, and before I hang up my headphones and leave, it IS that time of year again! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFyBd2_ClLg

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

• 2 weeks later...

WOOPS I forgot about this - it's only an hour (almost 2...) past monday so!

MONDAY - the first record you ever bought (or downloaded if you are a child of the 00's). However embarrassing it may be.

Not sure if this was my very first, however, I went searching for this song when I was a young child and couldn't find it. I was convinced it was called 'don't stop', and remembered parading around woolworths searching for this god damn single. Alas, I then wrote a letter to s club 7 which my mum still to this day promises she sent demanding why they stopped doing the song, and therefore became resentful of dont stop movin because I almost thought they were the same thing.

Double post, however, this time I will actually be on time! 

TUESDAY - your hottest record in the world right now

Saw them live two weeks ago and it was probably the best gig I've been to. They were the last act to ever grace Earl's Court as it is being demolished to make way for housing (good job London). The atmosphere, the lighting, and the music, and in particular this song, was electric.

WEDNESDAY - a guilty pleasure. Because everyone loves a bit of cheese

This one's a bit harder for me as I have a lot of music which people from different opinions would consider 'guilty pleasures' and I'm not really ashamed as such because I listen to what I want, but if I was to pick what would be the most embarrassing song would be if a friend of mine went through my iPod it would be...

I have so many urges when this comes on shuffle and I'm in public. Maybe one day I'll start a Macarena flash mob  :lol: