TPMs resident DJ

pluk

Wave your hands in the air like you just don't care...

thorpe%20park%20jumbotron%20gallery.jpg?

... it's time to be TPMs resident DJ! For a bit of fun, to share some music you love and maybe some things about yourself, take your turn behind the wheels of steel and spin the choons of your choice for one week only.

During your week you post a track a day under the following categories:

MONDAY - the first record you ever bought (or downloaded if you are a child of the 00's). However embarrassing it may be.

TUESDAY - your hottest record in the world right now. It better be good!

WEDNESDAY - a guilty pleasure. Because everyone loves a bit of cheese.

THURSDAY - anything goes. Something special to you, for whatever reason you fancy.

FRIDAY - your favorite party track. It is the weekend after all.

SATURDAY - simply the best record ever made. Ending on a high, hopefully! 

Feel free to mock or share the love for that weeks DJ as the week goes on, but I ask you only post music on your week.

I'll go first as of next Monday, if you'd like to have a go comment here or PM me (might be an idea to mention if you are not around in any time soon for me to avoid) and I'll allocate you a week. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent, a pleasing response! Good idea toofpikk...

Week Commencing               DJ

17/11                                     pluk

24/11                                     toofpikk

1/12                                       Altitude

8/12                                       JoshC

15/12                                     CoasterDude

22/12                                     **Christmas Break**

29/12                                      Alpengeist (bringing in the new year - it better be good!)

05/01                                      J.S217

12/01                                      LePaigeHalil_

19/01                                      Mer

26/01                                      Matt Creek

02/02                                      Kinnaird

09/02                                      JordanLuke2009

16/02                                      Peaj

23/02                                      Dan9

02/03                                      GladiatorFanKyle

09/03                                      Liam T

16/03                                      CWOAfanMalcom

Keep the interest coming and I'll add you to the list.

Edited by pluk
List updated

Great response, I look forward to hearing what's coming up. Any more for any more just post or PM and I'll add you on. So...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONDAY - the first record you ever bought 

So, I'm not a child of the 00's (not even 90s or 80's!) so my first music was very much on vinyl, and still is to this day whenever I can. The first recording I remember being aware of was the wonderful Disney Mother Goose which I'd listen to over and over. I imagine this drove my parents potty. If you've got a spare 20 mins I thoroughly recommend you spend it listening to the greatest ever voice artist, Sterling Holloway, on this charming record.

But anyway, that wasn't the question. The first record I ever bought isn't too embarrassing for me as far as I'm concerned. I distinctly remember aged about 11 gong down to Woolworths with my few pence and picking up a 7", taking it home so excited and playing it to my Granddad who very much didn't get it.  

I played it to death obviously, and still think it sounds excellent to this day. Somewhere between a bona fide dance track and a novelty record, it's...

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam. This is actually the 12" version but it's the best quality one I can find online, my precious record is still in my studio sitting in a sleve exactly like that one. Enjoy!

TUESDAY - your hottest record in the world right now

Like Zane Lowe and his slightly more listened to version of this idea mt hottest record in the world right now will often change daily, but sometimes not for weeks. I'm loving a chilled out electronic stuff at the moment; most days since about June I'd have said Prayer in C (which I became obsessed with to the point it could have induced insanity), and more recently Wicked Games, but in the last few days it's been this beauty...

Kindness feat Robyn - Who do you love. I adore Robyn anyway, plus the feeling and production on that track are stunning. Love it.

No love for Kindness / Robyn then? Oh well, I'd moved on to this by today anyway!

WEDNESDAY - a guilty pleasure.

Most people wouldn't class Bowie as a guilty pleasure, just an actual pleasure, but this isn't any Bowie. One of the most played CD's in my car is a movie soundtrack, and it is...

http://youtu.be/ZvyNOg4jSRg

David Bowie's Labyrinth OST, with Magic Dance being the highlight. If you've not seen this film your life is incomplete.

THURSDAY - anything goes.

There are some many tracks that have really touched me at a moment in my life I could play something that means something special every day for a year.

This one is the soundtrack to my 1996, it's full of energy and life, as was I back then, and really captures that summer for me. First lads holiday, first taste of real freedom, first time going out and making some mistakes to learn from, first track I ever attempted to mix with (stupidly on a double cassette deck, amazingly quite successfully), until the day I day this will take me to a happy place.

Stretch and Vern - I'm Alive. That is the delectable Jaime Murray in the video, tasty lady fans.

MONDAY - First record ever bought.

I still remember the first song I ever bought. I mean, you don't forget that kind of thing. Especially when your parents embarrassingly film it so the instant you forget they flash a dodgy video at you again and make you red. (Good ol' HMV)

I was overjoyed to see them perform again a couple weeks ago, in the name of charity. 

Whilst the first song I bought may not have been a record, and it wasn't a single either, it was the first song I distinctly remember skipping through the disk for.

This song still sounds great to me xD