Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I know people who have been through cabin, one of my mates came out crying last year when I was too scared to go in. He said the ending was the worst and I know everybody else says it is intense. How intense actually is it, what even happens that makes it so bad?

Its very full on and physical

Its very full on and physical

its not 'physical' like... you dont get touched a lot or anything. its just a LOT of actors jumping about everywhere and chasing/following you out the final corridors.. we found it hilarious but yeah it is quite intense!!

Thanks both of you, how long does the ending last?

I know people who have been through cabin, one of my mates came out crying last year when I was too scared to go in. He said the ending was the worst and I know everybody else says it is intense. How intense actually is it, what even happens that makes it so bad?

Cabin is just jumpy, its really good fun though.

MBV is much more full on, with there being much more tension,and more of panic due to the killer.

Cabin's ending isn't too full on, just very jumpy and chaotic.

All my mates have been to tulleys shocktoberfest before and they have also been to fright nights. I was shocked when they all told me how bad tulleys was compared to Thorpe because tulleys is rated 15+ and FN only 12+. They said all the tulleys mazes were samey and they didn't touch you much, apparently they just shout at you and climb over all the theming and it's not even dark in their mazes. They said at Thorpe they were all scared s***less and so they're not going again this year. This has got me even more exited/scared for FN this year.

All my mates have been to tulleys shocktoberfest before and they have also been to fright nights. I was shocked when they all told me how bad tulleys was compared to Thorpe because tulleys is rated 15+ and FN only 12+.

I didn't think Tulleys was bad, but I thought Fright nights was a lot better.

On the whole I thought Tulleys was a lot better in terms of themeing and overall presentation. It really lives up to it's name in that way, but primarily, it is supposed to be a little more family friendly and lighthearted than FN so I've always found the FN mazes to be more intense! Love both events and make a habit of doing them each year :)

I disagree, I thought fright nights was very samey and boring.

Saw Alive: Boring and nothing like the film

TCITW: Fun, but meh ending

MBV: Great idea, too short, excuted poorly.

BWP: Long and full of tention, just not enough forests in Thorpe.

And don't even get me started with Studio 13!

Tulleys Farm:

Twisted: Fun,long and very confusing.

Tunnel: Very LONG, dark, and claustophobic.

Haunted Hayride: Humor mixed with scares,excuted greatly,

Haunted House: Eerie and creepy.

The Cellar: Well themed, and some of the best jump scares in the UK.

Hellements: WAY better than the Passing,and the fire is amazing.

And all the mazes are WAY longer than Thorpes,and way more themed too.

Don't even get me started on the roaming actors at Tulleys compared to Thorpes.

I disagree, I thought fright nights was very samey and boring.

Saw Alive: Boring and nothing like the film

TCITW: Fun, but meh ending

MBV: Great idea, too short, excuted poorly.

BWP: Long and full of tention, just not enough forests in Thorpe.

And don't even get me started with Studio 13!

Tulleys Farm:

Twisted: Fun,long and very confusing.

Tunnel: Very LONG, dark, and claustophobic.

Haunted Hayride: Humor mixed with scares,excuted greatly,

Haunted House: Eerie and creepy.

The Cellar: Well themed, and some of the best jump scares in the UK.

Hellements: WAY better than the Passing,and the fire is amazing.

And all the mazes are WAY longer than Thorpes,and way more themed too.

Don't even get me started on the roaming actors at Tulleys compared to Thorpes.

They said at Thorpe they were all scared s***less and so they're not going again this year. This has got me even more exited/scared for FN this year.

Don't worry about it. I think you might be hyping it up a bit too much! They're suitably scary and definitely quite intense, but the best advice I can give is to just go with an open mind and experience it for yourself! Don't worry, you will get scared (and have a lot of fun), just don't read into it too much as they're best experienced for yourself without knowing what its going to be like. Just don't worry about it, and go for it, and then you'll love it!

Yeah, I'm crazy excited about this year's Fright Nights! I went last year (as my first ever halloween event) and honestly had the best day of my life so I hope it's also fun this time! Still wondering whether or not to do Containment. I think I'll wait until more information has been released and until my friends decide if they want to do it. Who here has already booked Containment?

All my mates have been to tulleys shocktoberfest before and they have also been to fright nights. I was shocked when they all told me how bad tulleys was compared to Thorpe because tulleys is rated 15+ and FN only 12+. They said all the tulleys mazes were samey and they didn't touch you much, apparently they just shout at you and climb over all the theming and it's not even dark in their mazes. They said at Thorpe they were all scared s***less and so they're not going again this year. This has got me even more exited/scared for FN this year.

Interesting comments.

The rating system has always been a weird one to me.  I've always felt that Thorpe should advertise their maze with higher age recommendations, since it creates a slightly different expectation.  Plus, some of their mazes are pretty full on - The Passing had some disturbing scenes, Experiment 10 was very shocking, MBV is an intense experience; it's surprising in some ways that it is only a 13 age recommendation.  I certainly know I wouldn't have coped with some of that stuff, and many others will be beyond scared by some of those things too!

The one about actors touching you is much more interesting though.  I always feel like touching is a very cheap scare aimed to surprise you, and very rarely do the Thorpe mazes have touching that fits in with the maze.  It's all stroking or jabbing aimed to try and invade your personal space whilst surprising you.  Actors who don't touch you can be a lot more intimidating, since they can still invade personal space, and keep you questioning what they will do.  It also means they can work more with scenery and the like.  I think touching has it's place in more extreme mazes, but in standard maze environments, I always find the scenes where actors don't touch me to be better compared to scenes where actors do!

Personally, I find touching most scary when its done to someone else in close proximity to me. For example, in one of my runs through CITW, an actor grabbed the woman right in front of me and kind of mimicked a vampire by nearly biting down on her neck, and that really stood out for me as one of the scariest parts of my run through. Maybe its the tension and the understanding that you know it could happen to you at any time!

So, I just took a quick peek at the fright nights website, it's changed a little! I was wondering if this passage had been seen before? I mean, I think I read something like it from Scare Tour but I think it was slightly different..... on a side note, didn't COS have a big jack in a box?

"Start your visit and discover what your future holds at the ancient fortune teller where the tarot cards will reveal your fate as you enter this circus like no other - this is where your journey begins. As you enter the hall of mirrors keep your eyes open but don’t look too closely… there may be others watching. Search quickly to find your way out but beware, the worst is yet to come.

Journey through the carnival’s funhouse, once a place of laughter, now a haunting monument to the twisted revenge of The Figaro Bros. Become a part of their twisted game to see if you can avoid the same fate as those who have come before you.

To make your ultimate escape, walk along old carnival grounds as you approach THE BIG TOP – the main circus tent where The Figaro Bros. dressing room lies. Complete with a life sized Jack in the Box; it is here where you’ll experience your final encore.

Will you escape the Carnival Like No Other?"