Fright Nights 2015

spoon

Oh sorry, it may have been a criminal thing but I had 2 people make me jump and it was quite dark. I am a huge wimp but I really want to enjoy scare attractions so I think the more I do them the more I will like them. I was fine in Blair witch last year until the final shed scene where I sh*t myself.

Sometimes, it helps just to dive straight into the deep end and just do one of the bigger, scarier-sounding mazes, since the anticipation and thinking about what could happen is usually worse than the maze itself.  It may not sound like the most sensible thing to do if you are scare of mazes, but it really can help.

Saw Alive would be a good shout to genuinely see what you'd be like in a Thorpe maze.  It doesn't have many claustrophobic moments compared to the others and highlights many of the standard scare tactics Thorpe actors will use in the other mazes. :)

Sometimes, it helps just to dive straight into the deep end and just do one of the bigger, scarier-sounding mazes, since the anticipation and thinking about what could happen is usually worse than the maze itself.  It may not sound like the most sensible thing to do if you are scare of mazes, but it really can help.

Saw Alive would be a good shout to genuinely see what you'd be like in a Thorpe maze.  It doesn't have many claustrophobic moments compared to the others and highlights many of the standard scare tactics Thorpe actors will use in the other mazes. :)

agreed on the whole saw alive thing - its definitely the least intense/"scary" maze, but very similair to all the others. if you can make it through saw alive fine you can definitely make it through the others fine :)

Blair witch is going to be insane this year - 2 stars is really harsh.. People will change their minds after this year, you all better do BWP this year!

TBH I will be impressed if it same as last year, it was great last year.

Hopefully this year they give actors torches agian, last year the torches provided some really good jumps scares!

hopefully saw alive improves this year. I'm really not expecting it to change at all (seeing as it never does), but my god. it really really needs to...its not awful or anything its just SO boring. especially in comparison to the other mazes.

I've also been on it 3 times and never once seen a pigman either so...yeah it's not great imo :lol:

But its not! Lets be honest, saw and MBV are the same. Cabin was slightly changed last year (but the theming was the same), and Blair Witch just added more actors and torches. So essentially nothing changed! Unless you count 'the addition of torches' as a marker for constant change............. I believe, based on the performance of last year, that MBV (although short), Cabin, and Blair Witch will all be good. Not too different, but good. Now, Saw is a problem. The main issue with it is that thee Saw films are not scary. If so, then the maze cannot be scary either! The films have thrived on watching people torture themselves, so thats what happens in the maze - its not scary and never will be. Its a shame, as the sets are really good!

PS: Did you know that, when it opened, visitors would get electric shocks whilst inside the maze?

I don't think that's true, from what I can remember the floor and gate in the electric room (2nd room) vibrated.

I believe you were meant to get a bit of a "shock" from the fence but I think it was removed before it even opened to the public (not really surprising!) 

Now, Saw is a problem. The main issue with it is that thee Saw films are not scary. If so, then the maze cannot be scary either! The films have thrived on watching people torture themselves, so thats what happens in the maze - its not scary and never will be. Its a shame, as the sets are really good!

PS: Did you know that, when it opened, visitors would get electric shocks whilst inside the maze?

IMO the reason Saw is bad is because it dosen't go near being like the film, its just jump scares!

If they replicated some torture scenes and put loads of gore in it, it would be a unique to the lineup.

Also Saws lighting is way too dark, half the time you can't even see the great theming..

I do hope this is the last year for the lionsgate attractions. They are getting a little boring as we know what to expect. If they do renew the contract with lionsgate I wish for a whole new lineup of movie based mazes. If they do not I hope all the new mazes will be unique and completely different from each other.

I do hope this is the last year for the lionsgate attractions. They are getting a little boring as we know what to expect. If they do renew the contract with lionsgate I wish for a whole new lineup of movie based mazes. If they do not I hope all the new mazes will be unique and completely different from each other.

But haven't thorpe gave something new every year?

Thorpe have changed the lineup quite a lot in the last 3 years IMO.

Yeah we have been given new ones but I look at places like universal horror nights. They manage to change the majority of there 8 mazes and many scare zones annually.

Yes, but the budget at HHN is probably 100 times bigger than FN.

You can't compare one of the UKs best to one of the WORLDs best.