Force or Theming?

Charlesberg

Force or Theming?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What factor of theme parks do you prefer?

These two factors are what divide theme park enthusiasts, there will be people who prefer roller coasters to dark rides or vice versa or maybe even both.

As you may know by my signature as of November 2016, I prefer the physical feeling you get at amusement parks as opposed to the theme given. I'm not saying I don't like theme because when it's done with a good physical experience, I absolutely love it (e.g. Space Mountain: Mission 2 or Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror). To summarise, my top 15 isn't made by the theme of the roller coasters but instead the actual force by them.

So my questions to you all:

• Do you prefer the feeling of being out of control and experiencing physical forces you may not normally encounter?
  • Or do you prefer being immersed in a different world aside ours, being part of the fantasy that is the theme?

I find attractions than can get a good consistency of theming and forces make for preferred attractions. Taron, Wodan, Helix, Baron 1898 and Swarm are notable contenders there.

I won't necessarily turn down an unthemed ride but it may not neccasariky be top ride material if simplistic styling doesn't appear to exist, take Balder, Python or Sonic Spinball for example.

Not mutually exclusive. 

Tower of Terror is a pretty good example of this; it is the absolute wonder that it is because of the theming over the ride system, but it is actually quite an extreme physical ride. 

Both have their place, but when they are combined is when the magic happens for me.

• 2 weeks later...