Toverland

Mitchada04

On 04/08/2017 at 2:04 PM, Benin said:

I thought the new entrance wasn't due for next year, could be wrong though...

That's some distances between those parks though...

Nah, new entrance is for next year (unless plans have changed recently?) - all one major development!

• 1 month later...

Toverland recently posted this video, which is the first 'official' confirmation from the park that the new entrance and new area (with wingrider) is coming next year:

Apparently there's going to be more details / concept art revealed later this month.  There's also rumours that the new area could be themed around King Arthur / general castle and knights theme, which would be exciting and interesting for the park.

Very little has happened in terms of actual construction at the moment though.  So fully expect this to open sometime next summer...

• 2 weeks later...

It's concerning that I'm quadruple posting without batting an eyelid...

Another new video from Toverland:

Dragon / castle / knight theme seeming more and more likely, which would be a lovely fit for the park.

Still hasn't truly sunk in for me that tiny Toverland is getting a (albeit small) monster B&M next year...

Unprecedented 5th post in a row...

The announcement has confirmed a King Arthur style theme.  The area will be called Avalon (a mythical island from Arthur legend).  The coaster will be called Fenix, and the boat ride will be called Merlin's Quest, and last ~12 minutes.  The rumoured layouts posted ages ago are correct, making Fenix the tallest and longest wing coaster in Europe.  Some pictures from the park...

22.jpg

23.jpg

Fenix has 6 rows. 

18.jpg

19.jpg

This just loves awesome :wub:

I'm so excited for this in case you couldn't tell.  Truly fantastic investment from the park. 

Some more photos from the park and the story of the ride are over on Looopings - https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/8529/Toverland-onthult-details-en-ontwerpen-van-spectaculaire-wing-coaster-Fenix.html

I think it's time to break Baron's chain of consecutive posts.

Avalon looks fantastic!

Honestly this could well and truly put the park on the map, especially considering the scale and level of investment being put out here and being fairly to two other major parks will probably help them too. The boat ride is believed to be the park's first dark ride which is very exciting news. Mack rides will be the manufacturer.

The IMA score music like always is impressive and has some similarities with Mystery Of Hocus Pocus Hall and Klugheim.

The boat ride is largely outdoors.  It does have an indoor section (I think it starts or/and finishes inside) though. 

I spose technically speaking that would be Toverland's first dark ride experience.  But when half the park is indoors, and even some of those ridss there are in buildings of their own, we could be pedantic and say they have loads of 'dark rides'... ;)

The Avalon area will also include a new a la carte restaurant called The Flaming Feather. 

I'm no ride designer but could you have done a drop like this so it's a bit more exciting than what is being built. Couldn't you have had a small drop into a corkscrew to the right before going to the typical wing coaster drop? It would probably be more forceful and if course look far more interesting.

23 minutes ago, TPC said:

I'm no ride designer but could you have done a drop like this so it's a bit more exciting than what is being built. Couldn't you have had a small drop into a corkscrew to the right before going to the typical wing coaster drop? It would probably be more forceful and if course look far more interesting.

Wing over drops (or should that be The THORPE PARK Inversion? ;) ) need to be taken at a slow speed, otherwise they'll be uncomfortable and create awkward amounts of g-force.  Lost Gravity has a very similar style inversion mid-way through the ride (even though it's not a wing rider), and there's a MCBR before it which basically brings the car to a halt for it.  So that's why they can't really do anything dramatic prior to the drop.

Remember that though the wing over drop is common on wingriders, in their own individual locations, they are special, they are a visual spectacle and they are exciting and different.  Though Heide Park is nearby with Flug, this will still be unique enough for 98% of guests.  So it's completely fine there. 

Also, B&M wingriders aren't really rides that are designed to be forceful.  They are there for graceful, drawn-out elements that look as-good-as (if not, better than) they ride.  Though there's nothing stopping a park wanting to get a forceful wingrider, it is unlikely to happen.  Though it is true that this offers little different compared to all other wingriders. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been revealed that Avalon and the new entrance is now going to require an extra €5m investment to get everything to standard.  That means this is now a total investment of €35m (approx. £31m), the same as Symbolica at Efteling.  Mental really.

Source - https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/9042/Uitbreiding-Toverland-kost-5-miljoen-euro-meer-dan-verwacht.html

11 minutes ago, Benin said:

That B&M pricetag...

Also Symbolica only cost around £31m? Only slightly more than DBGT?

No further comment is required...

'Only' €13m is going to be spent on the coaster.  Majority of the investment is going into infrastructure and theming.

And I believe that DBGT's cost has been overestimated online (closer to £20m than £30m), so Symbolica cost rather a lot more...

Little construction update on Fenix's and Merlin Quest's station areas / building, as well as the restaurant for the Avalon area - http://tvlfansite.nl/2017/11/28/bouwupdate-avalon-28-november-2017/

Also, theming is arriving on site...

24068062_1899076686799494_66070917061918

Source is obvious.

Things are coming along nicely..  I imagine we'll start to see support and track sooner rather than later now...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see the need to compare it to Thorpe's since it's completely different circumstances and such, but at least Thorpe's looks fun and something you'd expect from a theme park.  This looks more like something for a university or a small start-up business.  In fact, the flick on the R is common across many UK universities, for example...

the_warwick_uni_blue.jpg