Park Count - 2017

Coaster

In all fairness enthusiasts aren't all the same, which is probably a more of a good than a bad in all honesty.

What's top class to one person may be mediocre and overrated for someone else. Take Nemesis for example, whilst many love that coaster (myself included), there are a noticeably number of enthusiasts who will say it's overrated. I personally hate Rita, but know a fair amount of people love it.

The list could really go on.

Helix & Taron are my top two that's certain.

2 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Oh no, not another Taron-shunner.

It's a very good ride, packaged up in a world-class way. But it's not going to trouble my top ten... it doesn't do much other than twist and turn.

2 hours ago, Mega-Lite said:

That's a rather strange way of saying #TeamHelix.

#TeamHelix all the way. More intense, more varied. Better trains. And the view! And the in-line twist finale! An absolute joy.

1 hour ago, BenC said:

It's a very good ride, packaged up in a world-class way. But it's not going to trouble my top ten... it doesn't do much other than twist and turn.

This is also what stops Black Mamba from being better than Nemesis, and why the sometimes bemoaning of Nemmie not being as long as other inverts proves that I'd rather finish on a high than after being bored senseless by CORNERS...

Helix > Blue Fire > Taron

1 hour ago, BenC said:

Agreed, the ride experience isn’t very memorable as there aren’t really any standout elements (apart from the 1st brilliant airtime hill and the second launch). It leave me somewhat disappointed when I rode it.

1 hour ago, BenC said:

#TeamHelix all the way. More intense, more varied. Better trains. And the view! And the in-line twist finale! An absolute joy.

I think the reason why I love Taron so much is because it does what it does so well.  Sure, all it does is twist and turn - that's all it sets out to do.  But those twists and turns are all brilliant; fling you out of your seat, some take you by surprise, etc.  Plus the launches are incredible and some of the airtime is absolute joy <3

I love Helix too - though I slightly prefer Taron's trains (though that's more because Liseberg loved to staple me), and I wouldn't call it more intense than Taron.  

5 minutes ago, Benin said:

This is also what stops Black Mamba from being better than Nemesis, and why the sometimes bemoaning of Nemmie not being as long as other inverts proves that I'd rather finish on a high than after being bored senseless by CORNERS...

Helix > Blue Fire > Taron

And Black Mamba shows how when a coaster doesn't do what it does as well, it suffers.  Great ride, but the corners at the end just don't work with the ride.

Just now, Terry Terry said:

Agreed, the ride experience isn’t very memorable as there aren’t really any standout elements (apart from the 1st brilliant airtime hill and the second launch). It leave me somewhat disappointed when I rode it.

>Says it doesn't have any standout elements

>Lists 2 (hopefully!) universally loved standout elements  

;)

7 hours ago, BaronC. said:

>Lists 2 (hopefully!) universally loved standout elements  

Second launch, there's no way to deny that. Brilliant airtime hill? I think not!

7 hours ago, BaronC. said:

I wouldn't call it more intense than Taron

Neither Helix or Taron are intense coasters from start to finish, however in terms of moments, Taron has 1 (the second launch) and Helix has many.

The first airtime hill tries to chuck me out to the middle of Bruhl.  Not to dissimilar to THAT airtime hill on Helix that tries to chuck you out to the middle of Gothenburg..  :wub:

I wouldn't call Helix intense, or say it has many moments of intensity.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but I just don't see Helix as a coaster that's intense, or really trying to be intense.  Each to one's own I spose. :P

5 hours ago, BaronC. said:

The first airtime hill tries to chuck me out to the middle of Bruhl.  Not to dissimilar to THAT airtime hill on Helix that tries to chuck you out to the middle of Gothenburg..  :wub:

I wouldn't call Helix intense, or say it has many moments of intensity.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but I just don't see Helix as a coaster that's intense, or really trying to be intense.  Each to one's own I spose. :P

Agreed, Helix is far more about the aggressive air time then any kind of intensity. I'm hoping Icon can join the Helix/Taron debate next year ie secretly hoping we can have a ride like Taron or Helix in the UK would make me beyond happy.

I find it really strange how some call Taron the most intense ride ever and it makes them bleed and yet I find it a joyous mince around Klugheim. I'll put that one down to being more hardened than some.

Helix made my grey out on my last 5 rides in row! I guess marathoning it 10 in a row with no breaks after being on park 12 hours isn't advised, I loved it though!