Th13teen

Sheepie

It is now confirmed it's an Intamin which is great news! :)It's also confirmed it is a Secret WeaponHere is a link to some pictures from ATASW6 UpdateI for one am very excited and not even the fact it's being reffered to as a "family coaster" is going to change that.I think it is likely just going to mean the ride is going to have a lower height restriction than the other "big" rides at Alton.

As far as I'm aware black holes tent is now empty :) but there are plans for it in the next few years for it to be turned into a family cinema temporarily and then it will be turned into a dark ride/roller coaster! Also the track is rumoured to collapse at one point on SW6, this may be the world first! I think it will collapse on the inside bit and then you will reverse backwards and go down the helix...

Wow that sownds amazing. But what do you meen by 'collapse'?

The 'drop tower style' section of track will not be a world first element. It was rumoured at one point on Towers Times but won't be happening. It is also highly unlikely that there will be a 'tilt' section, however switch-backs are part of the design. :)

So what egsactly is a switchback?

I'd just like to add a few observations. You look at the whole thing, and it's a reflection of someone's eye. So that's what that person is seeing. Awesome.Also if you covered the whites of the eye, so the Iris and pupil are showing, it looks like that hand (somewhat claw- like) is reaching out for the moon- the pupil showing a black adaptation of a moon.Now, could we be seeing some sort of beast? Evidence to support this comes from one of the first promo images where we see that werewoolf howling at the moon. The eye also looks to represent the same sort of change we're used to in films when a human becomes "possessed".But maybe I'm looking too much into things.

Maybe, but I hope not. I'd rather not see a good chunk of the budget being spent on contractual rights for some movie. I'd much rather see Alton come up with their own storyline and general theme. The results will be much more satisfying with the money going into the new developments and not elsewhere.

No I find it very very unlikely that it'll become themed to a film.They've created, already, in my opinion too strong a unique feel around it. With the "Welcome to the Unkown" Posters and Leaflets. And now the "Surrender in March 2010"This is already making me more excited than the build up to Saw ever did. I can't wait to see what little tid-bit Alton release next! :blink: