Dragon's Fury

Kingdom Hearts soundtrack hardly works well with the ride. Have to feel sorry for the poor buggers working on the ride who have to listen to such racket all day.

Bring back the old audio! The sweet sounds of a dragon's fiery temper! ("PLEASE...leave all bags and loose belongings with a friend...or FOE" <3)

It was a very low standard no-budget scraping barrel decision.

The music was found by typing in 'Land of the Dragons' into YouTube and the first video that pops up, try it yourself.

Is it even royalty free? it doesn't look like it. Gives a clear idea of standards really, and is obviously not suitable ambiance for the ride.

I actually love the music and think it does suit it actually. I have often seen people humming and even moving along to the music. The actual name of the track is home of Dragons. The first one that comes up on YouTube is not the one played as that is the orchestrated version.

But yes can definitely see it was a rushed and lazy move.

It's a random download off YouTube being played on a ride, clearly no budget was even given for even the cheapest or tracks to be produced.. is there anything more to say on it?

At your local funfair maybe this would be the norm but not somewhere that charges a typical family over a hundred pounds to get in. And licensing/royalties/buyout of audio is an entire complex (dull) topic in itself that is their responsibility.

Sad that literally anything can just be stuck on a sound card now, and yet many people will still accept it like it means something. Audio design is vital to parks but it's increasingly being used as muzak fodder for the sake of it. Considering they've barely thought about this, it's not worth anyone else thinking about either. :)

12 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Kingdom Hearts soundtrack hardly works well with the ride. Have to feel sorry for the poor buggers working on the ride who have to listen to such racket all day.

Bring back the old audio! The sweet sounds of a dragon's fiery temper! ("PLEASE...leave all bags and loose belongings with a friend...or FOE" <3)

There's a reason it doesnt play, at least as loudly, in the station.

12 hours ago, Archive said:

It was a very low standard no-budget scraping barrel decision.

The music was found by typing in 'Land of the Dragons' into YouTube and the first video that pops up, try it yourself.

Is it even royalty free? it doesn't look like it. Gives a clear idea of standards really, and is obviously not suitable ambiance for the ride.

Merlin have done that before too, with that awful theme in Land of the Vikings they had for like a week a few months ago, literally called "Viking Song" on YouTube.

• 6 months later...
On 31/08/2016 at 9:14 PM, Kerfuffle said:

I'm going to be honest, I definitely prefer the old ride announcements with the new theme, it was better waiting for Dragon's Fury in silence, it just felt more tense that way...

Operations were beyond belief on this today, seven cars running but six stacked in the station with 90 second dispatch times!  The amount of times I saw cars dispatched with only two riders was unbelievable, and the Fastrack queue was huge - we spoke to someone who said they'd waited 45 minutes!

We queued 90 minutes from halfway through the cattlepen after the queueline shop - it used to take 25 mins from there!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, quick question about this ride and, er, larger people! I have read quite a few posts saying those of the larger variety should not even attempt this ride so wanted to clarify. I am 18. 5 stone and 6ft 1. To be forgiving to myself it is mostly gut (about 36-38 waist) and I dont really think my legs, chest etc are that fat. I'm more muscular than fat, just with a belly. I am below the 50 inch chest rule.  So I just wondered what chance I would have on this ride? I heard the height may be a problem too? I have also heard about a weight limit, is that correct?

I am also eyeing up Monkey Swinger as a potential problem for me. Those seats dont look particularly roomy. Is there a weight limit on this? I assume those chains are more than strong enough but you know what the brain is like, soon as I am up there I will be convinced I will be launched across the park due to them snapping 😜

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not so worried about the walk of shame for myself but letting my little girl down after queuing would break my heart.

6 hours ago, wonderer said:

Hi guys, quick question about this ride and, er, larger people! I have read quite a few posts saying those of the larger variety should not even attempt this ride so wanted to clarify. I am 18. 5 stone and 6ft 1. To be forgiving to myself it is mostly gut (about 36-38 waist) and I dont really think my legs, chest etc are that fat. I'm more muscular than fat, just with a belly. I am below the 50 inch chest rule.  So I just wondered what chance I would have on this ride? I heard the height may be a problem too? I have also heard about a weight limit, is that correct?

I am also eyeing up Monkey Swinger as a potential problem for me. Those seats dont look particularly roomy. Is there a weight limit on this? I assume those chains are more than strong enough but you know what the brain is like, soon as I am up there I will be convinced I will be launched across the park due to them snapping 😜

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not so worried about the walk of shame for myself but letting my little girl down after queuing would break my heart.

Height wise I think you will be fine I'm 6'8 and have given up on it by when I was 6'4 I could still fit. Under 2m you will be fine. Weight wise IDK, as I'm lanky.