Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake seems to be running on reduced throughout....I'm no ride expert but it seems as though a train cannot be dispatched now until the one I front has cleared all the brakes on the top "s" bends...I'm sure it used to be dispatched a lot quicker?

It definitely used to run more efficiently than that.

Fed up of rides having their throughputs reduced, it's the last thing they need at Chessington!

Rattlesnake seems to be running on reduced throughout....I'm no ride expert but it seems as though a train cannot be dispatched now until the one I front has cleared all the brakes on the top "s" bends...I'm sure it used to be dispatched a lot quicker?

Christ. That 350 throughput is going to be more like 100 if that's what they are doing. Used to be as soon as the car had cleared the lift hill, you could send another.

The way Rattlesnakes gone this year, they might as well just get a new ride/coaster.

Though it's an ok ride with half decent theming, it's arguable that it's throughput is too low for a park as busy as Chessington. Places like Pleasurewood Hills are fine as they receive a much smaller attendance (bench Marbles fitting there perfectly).

The ride ran 5 cars throughout the start of the season it got back up to 6 by about  late April. Then of course The Smiler incident happened. With the dispatches there is a dispatch switch on the control panel, this has 3 settings. 0,1 and 2. Whilst on 0, 7 cars would usally be in operation and the train can be dispatched as the computer reads the last car is half way up the lift, this was never used as it would cause block shut downs almost daily. Setting 1 was for when 6 cars were used and would allow you to send the ride once the computer had read the ride had cleared the lift. Lastly we have setting 2 which from all your reports the ride is probably using now, this will keep a ride from being dispatched until the car has passed the second set of breaks after the lift. The setting is there for helping the operator dispatch the cars so that the timing is right. With 6 cars the ride was barley breaking 300 on 5 cars it was about 200.

With the way they are running it they only need four cars in operation.

Indeed....and only 4 were running! Was a case of getting in the car...progressing forward to outside the op cabin and waiting....then some waiting...then a bit more waiting!

Merlin bosses would have a heart attack if they saw how matterhorn Blitz was being run....2 cars in the lift at once!!!