Rattlesnake

I hate Rattlesnake!!! When I went on it the 2nd time my sides really hurt when I got off it, the ride has too many sharp edges...

This tip will only help a little bit but...If you turn your body the way you are about to sharply turn; Then you should find it a bit better and more confortable.I have got so used to Rattlesnake though, I do not feel it as much! :P

Hmmmm never thought of that, thanx for the tip =]

No Problem! :(Or you could just ride it without turning, therefore getting a bad back but get so used to it!I have rode Rattlesnake so many times, it really does not hurt me as I think my spine now has got used to Rattlesnake! :PHey You!, Sit Down, Sit Back and Hold Tight! This is a bumpy ride! :P

No Problem! :(Or you could just ride it without turning, therefore getting a bad back but get so used to it!I have rode Rattlesnake so many times, it really does not hurt me as I think my spine now has got used to Rattlesnake! :PHey You!, Sit Down, Sit Back and Hold Tight! This is a bumpy ride! :P

Haha thanx xDI remember going on it with one of my best friends and she kept singing "I'm on top of the world" I just looked at her weirdly haha

Haha thanx xDI remember going on it with one of my best friends and she kept singing "I'm on top of the world" I just looked at her weirdly haha

Understandable if she was saying that as you are suspended on Vampire or on the Immelmann turn on Dragon's Fury!But not really on Rattlesnake!A more appropriate statement would be "I am about to come off the track!" or "We are going to die!"

I was just wondering, Why does Rattlesnake have a height restriction of 1.4 , Other Wild Mouses, I've been on have had a restriction of 1.2? Surely Chessington would rather have it at 1.2 or is there a reason for it :P ?

I do not know the exact reason. But rides surely are set on percific height restrictions for a reason.If the manufacturers said the ride needed to be 1.4m. Then it would have to be.That is all I know I am afraid. :P

I do not know the exact reason. But rides surely are set on percific height restrictions for a reason.If the manufacturers said the ride needed to be 1.4m. Then it would have to be.That is all I know I am afraid. :P

Rattlesnake has not always been a 1.4M height restriction :P Dont know why it was changed though.

It's to do with the lap-bar. If you have a larger adult with a smaller child, that lap bar won't be touching the smaller kid and when you consider how much wilder/rough Rattlesnake is compared to other wild mouses, this is obviously something that could cause injury to the small kid.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Managed 3 rides on Rattlesnake today and whilst it was still absolutely awesome, it felt a lot slower than last year, was wondering if anything has been done. The brakes which were on seemed to be in the same place, but the lift seemed slower, maybe it's just me :PAlso, Rattlesnake today had a queue almost as long as the others, when Vampire and Fury on 50, it was on 40! Kobra was also only 45.

Managed 3 rides on Rattlesnake today and whilst it was still absolutely awesome, it felt a lot slower than last year, was wondering if anything has been done. The brakes which were on seemed to be in the same place, but the lift seemed slower, maybe it's just me :PAlso, Rattlesnake today had a queue almost as long as the others, when Vampire and Fury on 50, it was on 40! Kobra was also only 45.

Seemed normal to me; though I hadn't been on it in a while..And the queue time is shocking! Opening day it as 5 minutes max whenever I saw it!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

On Monday two cars were going round empty. The ride op said to me this was because they were showing an "anti still warning on the lift hill". What does this mean? Surely nothing could stall on the lift hill without the chain breaking? If they just mean a stall warning on the track, ie it would not complete its circuit, what could make that happen? Doesn't make sense to me.

For the life of me I cannot deduce the technical names for what I want to explain, but I shall try, so bear with me! :PIf you think of a ball and socket joint in the body. The Ball is underneath each car and as it progresses up the lift hill, it falls into each socket; so if the car were to be stopped on the lift hill, it would be supported by the ball and socket joint. These are anti roll backs. I'm sure you know this already.Basically the "ball" under each car is tested just as it comes into the station, you can often hear it drop. There is a little raised piece (humped back whale I believe it's called?) on the track that lifts the "ball" up and allows it to drop back again. For whatever reason, if the ride senses that the "ball" hasn't dropped back down, the ride operator is notified by a light on the control panel.In this case, they are to send the car around empty as it usually rectifies itself. If it doesn't rectify itself then they would need to call an engineer. It's unfortunate that there were two cars like it during your visit. It sounds as though the ride team were doing what they were meant to though. Hope I explained that well enough. ;)

Basically the "ball" under each car is tested just as it comes into the station, you can often hear it drop. There is a little raised piece (humped back whale I believe it's called?) on the track that lifts the "ball" up and allows it to drop back again. For whatever reason, if the ride senses that the "ball" hasn't dropped back down, the ride operator is notified by a light on the control panel.

The dog goes over the whale ;)