Vampire

Interesting...The music in the Vampire station today was at a fantastic volume- much, much louder. Also the lights around the Organist look less like a disco and are now all green, looks absolutely fantastic.Certainly not perfect with the operator cutting the ambience with Health and Safety announcements, but definately a massive improvement.

I don't mind the usual 'Welcome to the Vampire...' and 'Pull your restraints down...' but I think some operators go over the top with some of the announcements.There are a few that just do stupid noises down the PA, (No names going to be mentioned), which ruins the atmosphere.But the conter argument is that a LOT of the operators for Vampire either do quick announcements, or none at all! Quick or None keeps the atmosphere going.Vampire's MusicAll I can say is that I hope the music has got louder!I am going to try and go to Chessington & Zoo this weekend, depending on college work, because I will love it if Vampire's music is louder!

I don't mind the usual 'Welcome to the Vampire...' and 'Pull your restraints down...' but I think some operators go over the top with some of the announcements.There are a few that just do stupid noises down the PA, (No names going to be mentioned), which ruins the atmosphere.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate it when ride operators just make stupid noises down the PA system, and unnecessarily shout things out. It completely ruins the atmosphere. In my ideal world, every ride station would have theme music, and every announcement would be pre-recorded, and only the occasional announcement made by the ride operator, only if necessary.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate it when ride operators just make stupid noises down the PA system, and unnecessarily shout things out. It completely ruins the atmosphere. In my ideal world, every ride station would have theme music, and every announcement would be pre-recorded, and only the occasional announcement made by the ride operator, only if necessary.

I to a degree, totally agree with that. When operators are just doing it to their platformers to entertain themselves, it does put me off riding a ride sometimes as really their main attention should be to the riders.But I am completely against all rides just being pre-recorded as I think it makes a ride incredibly sterile and samey. The Runaway Mine Train lady at Alton Towers who does the Choo Choo thing is an absolute master class in entertaining the guests consistently. It's the same with an older member of staff on Twirling Toadstool and some rides on Detonator have been awesome, when the op has teased the guests.I myself much prefer operating rides like Black Buccaneer and Runaway Train at Chessington, where I'm able to make each ride different just by getting guests to sing, do little YMCA dances, Mexican Waves, things that make the ride a little bit more personal and for them.With rides like Vampire, I totally agree with the ride having some kind of Pre-records. Some of the ops do go a little OTT with their own voices.

I agree Mark that not all rides should have theme announcements.To be honest, I don't mind Vampire not having pre-recorded announcements.If they actually stick to the usual ones...('Welcome to the Vampire, Place all bags and loose belongings on the exit platform and shoes must be worn'and 'Pull your restraints down in towards you, and they will release')They are quite short ones that I think the operator can do well.As people have stated above, It is when the operators love the sound of their own voice creating the atmosphere to be lost.Sorry for the long announcement bit :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to agree, out of Dragons Fury and Vampire at Halloween, I'd choose Vampire HANDS DOWN, the theming this year was ridiculously great. The station, and the tunnel which shocked everyone! Credit to everyone who worked on it. Even the two curtains leading into the station made the effect even more fantastic. Just hope the station can have the music that loud. Thats another thing. The music is so good and you can't ever got bored of it. Still not sure whether front of back is better though. Vampire at Halloween is the best experience ever.

Just hope the station can have the music that loud. Thats another thing. The music is so good and you can't ever got bored of it. Still not sure whether front of back is better though. Vampire at Halloween is the best experience ever.

I am glad I am not the only one that doesn't get bored of the music! :)The music was one of the main reasons why I wanted to go on Vampire! (And the ride as well!).I personally think the front 3 rows are better due to you getting more swing in my opinion.Vampire is faster at the back, but you don't get as much swing.And I agree! Vampire is great at Halloween!The only reason why it is great is due to the amount of work put into the Vampire!

It would improve the queue I guess with 4, but yeah wont happen lol. As for the track, it could be repainted and with that I think the supports should be painted too. Not sure what colour though, maybe purple or black. Just need to make sure its not as random as the paint job on the Safari Skyway supports.

The tunnel should have mist and it did have mist for halloween only. Although this year (correct me if I'm wrong) but when the train went into the tunnel, the smoke was already in there, where-as last year in the halloween event, when the train got to just before the tunnel it set off the smoke machine and you got the smoke in your face. Any vampire fans if you know what I mean. Think it changed this year.

Again, thats a good point (you always seem to have very good points!) I think the park should be concentrating on bigger matters rather than changing the restraints on Vampire, which would obviously cost a lot and the ones they have at the moment are fine. Although the amount of people you see who get annoyed/scared when the restraints dont open automatically, it goes to prove really that some people dont take any notice of the announcements, so is it worth it repeating them every few seconds?

Again, thats a good point (you always seem to have very good points!) I think the park should be concentrating on bigger matters rather than changing the restraints on Vampire, which would obviously cost a lot and the ones they have at the moment are fine. Although the amount of people you see who get annoyed/scared when the restraints dont open automatically, it goes to prove really that some people dont take any notice of the announcements, so is it worth it repeating them every few seconds?

Why repeat the announcements, ruining the station atmosphere when there are ride hosts that are meant to release any restraints anyways!EDIT - And thank you about the "You always seem to have very good points" :)

Another quick thing, well done to the Organist in the station, literally every time I went he was up about and moving, not as much as he used to, but I'll let him off being 20 years old next year. And I've never really thought about it until today, I'm sure there is a logical answer, but why do you HAVE to take your shoes on Vampire? Most of the time when Vampire shuts down its because they have to go and find someone's shoe thats dropped off... its not like your feet are actually touching the floor...