Hyperia - New for 2024 (Ride thread)

Indeed. The socials have been hinting of something coming.

One would assume that once the park opens today, it would be relatively apparent if they plan to open tomorrow due to moving around fencing etc..... orrrrr they could just do that after hours 😆

I've got 11th prebooked but if nothing by midday will be switching to the 12th as it lets me do that...

I could be wrong, but to me, it doesn’t look like a ride that’s opening today. The area still looked cordoned off with “No Entry to Hyperia” signs up, and the queue time sign outside appeared to say “Closed Today”.

This morning, they appeared to be stopping it at different points on the lift hill (at the bottom and then on the top) during their tests. It’s been testing on and off throughout the day, with varying amounts of test dummies (some empty trains, some full).

Hyperia being closed does have some upshots, however; I matched the ride count I got in just over 5 hours at LEGOLAND yesterday before 12pm, with 6 rides already done! I’m currently in the queue for my 7th.

On a side note; it’s a rather big thing in person, isn’t it?

Yeah that looked a close one.... possibly looks worse than it is because of the angle though, but even so!

I've changed my booking to Wednesday 12th now. Can't do 13th/14th for work commitments so I figure best to go on Wednesday and allow another day of testing and prep than go tomorrow and then be annoyed if I miss it by a day.

If no Hyperbae on Wednesday, then I'll see her in September once the schools are back.

48 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Yeah that looked a close one.... possibly looks worse than it is because of the angle though, but even so!

I've changed my booking to Wednesday 12th now. Can't do 13th/14th for work commitments so I figure best to go on Wednesday and allow another day of testing and prep than go tomorrow and then be annoyed if I miss it by a day.

If no Hyperbae on Wednesday, then I'll see her in September once the schools are back.

Work can come later, become a full time enthusiast 

40 minutes ago, Benin said:

Staff are riding it. Entitled enthusiasts are upset.

They're riding it so they can break it ready for my visit tomorrow, as prophesised.

I'll be straight in that guest services queue at midday xox

The announcement we’ve all been waiting for has finally come… Hyperia is reopening on Wednesday 12th June 2024!:

It’s great that the ride is finally reopening, and while I’m gutted that I missed it by 2 days, I can get back to Thorpe easily enough! In fact, I’m half tempted to book an impulsive day trip back to Thorpe very soon…

Tickets for today now sold out. 

I believe capacity was capped at 10k for 24th and 25th (although it didn’t hit this) so potentially 10k on park today. 

May be less though as they’re only open till 5 rather than 8. 

Rode yesterday 3 times - rows 4, 6 and 7.

Have to say - the operations were impeccable, both loading and getting the trains out, and the queueing system which worked faultlessly. Credit where credit is due there, brilliant stuff.

Managed to get on when the queue hit it's lowest point of 60 minutes for our second ride as we just came off the - ever failing it seems - Colossus.

FYI, we got to the park at 9am, got into the queue for Hyperia before the SAW photo area and we ended up riding at 10.30 so cannot complain one bit to be honest.

First ride itself was pure euphoria, absolutely incredible. That hill just keeps going and going - especially when not at the front! Drop was great and punchy - loved the outer bank towards the motorway but the hangtime stall element is just bonkers. Loved it.

2nd ride of the day definitely seemed faster/more intense, as did the 3rd later on in the day. Such an awesome atmosphere in the area, everyone excited, whooping and clapping on the trains. The Hyperia shows were a nice touch too.

Well done all round - I will say they might need to replace some of the plants though as they tend to need water, and some are very brown 😄 Mad that this ride is in the UK to be honest!

Got to the park just after 2 and managed 4 more rides on Hyperia today, 2 x row 6, row 9 and finally a go on the back! First 3 rides using the SRQ and last ride in the main queue. 

My thoughts from opening day remain the same, but definitely appreciated the stall much more today. I think before I was so blown away at how good the outer bank was I didn't really appreciate how good the stall is too. The first drop on the back is incredible. 

Got really lucky on my last ride, got off just after 5 and managed to get back in the queue at 5:04! They closed the queue just after I got back in. There was a group of 4 behind me that got let in the pre queue, but then weren't let in the main queue. Bit out of order to be honest, yes it was after 5 but due to the miscommunication and for the sake of ruining 4 peoples day they should've just let them through. 

I was interested in what kind of throughput this gets, and I didn't have anything better to do being on my own so was timing the dispatches in the SRQ. Ranged from around 1min 40secs - 2mins, so about 600-800 an hour. Not great. Yes the main queue moves really quickly at the moment, but we have really small numbers or RAP and Fastrack.

The team working on Hyperia are great and run it flawlessly, it very rarely stacks. What lets it down is how long it takes for the train to get back in the station, hopefully thats something they can change in the future.

Did notice a couple times today, with them double batching the air gates this did cause some confusion and guests boarded the train when other guests were putting bags away. This slowed things down as caused faff with restraints having to be unlocked to go back to the airgates. 

Still feels so surreal we've got this at Thorpe and its here to stay. Probably won't go back now till midweek September where I can ride it all day!