Hyperia - New for 2024 (Ride thread)

Just now, Angel said:

Reckon it'll open by tomorrow?

I wouldn't expect so to be honest. Would love it to.

They need to now, I would assume, get a mobile crane back on site to lift the train off the track.

Once that's done, it then needs to get put back on the track, and I would imagine, some considerable testing again before it reopens as they won't want it happening again...

Why would they even allow for potential roll backs in the design phase? Wouldn’t they have models to say there is an X% chance that the ride valleys in these conditions, why would they not change the dimensions of the ride until they had something which would give a close to 100% guarantee of always making it around the track…

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the talks right now. Oh well gives them the opportunity to not open a new attraction next year and just remarket this one instead.

5 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

I wouldn't expect so to be honest. Would love it to.

They need to now, I would assume, get a mobile crane back on site to lift the train off the track.

Once that's done, it then needs to get put back on the track, and I would imagine, some considerable testing again before it reopens as they won't want it happening again...

Friday?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the trains taken off tonight and opens tomorrow (on one train) - but that’s just a guess.

Im not surprised it stalled here - it goes very slowly since the lift has been slightly slowed down, even at 5pm after running all day an empty train is very slow round this section.

Not really sure on the solution, It’s not really practical to never send an empty train, they have been doing morning tests with dummies but obviously they have to be removed before it opens. Maybe mack can work to get the lift hill up to to full speed again which does seem to make a difference.

9 hours ago, Parm Pap said:

now we're cooked.

You know it's serious when Parm Pap doesn't make a non-sensical post....

9 hours ago, Benin said:

Was the ride area cursed by Logger's Leap and it's biggest fan?

I think the curse was done by the Rocky Express fan personally.

6 hours ago, Glitch said:

Why would they even allow for potential roll backs in the design phase? Wouldn’t they have models to say there is an X% chance that the ride valleys in these conditions, why would they not change the dimensions of the ride until they had something which would give a close to 100% guarantee of always making it around the track…

Obviously they'll have models, but I'd be surprised if those systems have a way of determining a probability for a rollback / stall / valley. And even if they did, I'm fairly certain they would never approve anything where the chance for stalling was higher than a fraction of a percentage.

Plenty of rides have stalled in places; it's something which happens. It's not a common occurrence - and certainly not a 'teething problem' - but it can happen. Other Thorpe coasters have stalled during empty-train tests: Colossus on its final turnaround, Saw on its overbanked turn (and the bottom of the first drop), Stealth atop its top hat. There's plenty more examples around the world. It happens.

The slower running of the stall seems to have occurred after the first prolonged closure, with the lift hill seemingly being slowed down slightly. That might be having some knock on effects.

I see plenty of people saying they didn't test it enough, etc. That's bull. They've tested it plenty, but there's clearly been other factors which have happened too.

I guess Thorpe are nearing a point of damaging limitations. Do they reopen asap, and keep papering over the proverbial cracks until closed season? Do they have an extended period of closure to fix the issues with Mack? Something else? Who knows.

As has been said here, other rides have had difficult first seasons which are later forgotten about. I'm sure Hyperia will be the same. But for now, it's a difficult wave to ride.

12 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I see plenty of people saying they didn't test it enough, etc. That's bull. They've tested it plenty, but there's clearly been other factors which have happened too.

The amount of armchair engineers that have appeared has wound me up no end. Spouting opinion as fact when clearly the thing would never have been opened in the first place if testing procedures hadn't been fulfilled.

If I meet the person who first suggested that was an issue I'll smack them with my HSE book.

Think Thorpe have dropped the ball a bit by not announcing last night that it wouldn't be open today. Appreciate that "if you know you know" and wouldn't travel down today under the circumstances, but not everyone is that savvy...

I went down last night at around 8pm and there was lots of people around Hyperia (mostly seemed third party companies), I am assuming they were going to try get the train removed overnight but maybe didn’t manage, will be interesting to see how much of the train is left there today. 

4 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Think Thorpe have dropped the ball a bit by not announcing last night that it wouldn't be open today. Appreciate that "if you know you know" and wouldn't travel down today under the circumstances, but not everyone is that savvy...

Also it isn’t a very good look to actively promote Hyperia on all their social channels today too. Surprised it hasn’t been removed yet. 

quick question - are there trims after/ on the immelman because on the POV it looks like it and a lot of people say there is but some say there aren't any and I do not know who to believe at this point

like can you notice them

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Also it isn’t a very good look to actively promote Hyperia on all their social channels today too. Surprised it hasn’t been removed yet. 

The joys of scheduled posts innit. That said, they could have just... unscheduled them?

Good to see work happening so quickly - because it needs to! Thoughts and prayers for Hyperia to get to double digits of days of operation soon.

12 minutes ago, skelly said:

quick question - are there trims after/ on the immelman because on the POV it looks like it and a lot of people say there is but some say there aren't any and I do not know who to believe at this point

like can you notice them

There aren’t any - they weren’t needed. The only trims are on the splashdown