Detonator

Lewie900

I'll say it again, I never thought telling you what happened on my day on detonator would get this much response. I said it on page 7 and we are near the end of page 8 now. It's funny that you guys have constantly debated this for almost a month! Anyway I will be bringing up more controversial stuff in the future!

I've been on Detonator about 5 times and the last time being in 2007. I hate the fact it launched you downwards using pneumatics. I love Dr Doom's Fearfall but this ride makes me really scared and I have never been scared about anything as much as Detonator.It would be nice to add a launch tower next to Detonator and they could build it into the ground too. I think I will go on Detonator at the next meet-up.

I was on a Detenator Emergancy Stop a few trips ago, It was the first ride of the day, and the ride host forgot to close the gate (the gate just before you board.) I was stuck halfway up the tower for a while in the rain, fun, and when they released the train it was quite an awkward feeling. Being launched then immediatly hitting the brakes. But they didn't give me an exit pass :) Oh well I enjoyed it anyway.

• 2 months later...

Detonator is the ride that I get scared most about. The floor vibrating while waiting to get on really gets me pumped up. The agonizing wait at the top seems to go on for ages, but sometimes I wish I just stayed up there because my reaction when I get down is very embarrassing, especially when there is a lot of people in the queue watching.

I do like Detonator, although it is the only ride in the park now that still scares me every time I ride. I'll happily go on SAW, Stealth, Colossus, you name it, without even being the slightest bit bothered about it. Queueing for Detonator really scares me every time.

I hate to say it but detonator doesn't strike any fear into me what so ever, sadly drop towers just don't do it for me. The main thought I was having at the top was hurry up, I havent got all day! I just don't get that feeling in my tummy on drop rides, maybe theres something wrong with me :) Its still a fun ride though1

I hate to say it but detonator doesn't strike any fear into me what so ever, sadly drop towers just don't do it for me. The main thought I was having at the top was hurry up, I havent got all day! I just don't get that feeling in my tummy on drop rides, maybe theres something wrong with me :) Its still a fun ride though1

I scream for my life on Detonator! :)

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator