Detonator

Lewie900

Yeah I think it could do with being higher but then again its fine how it is :) what about it having a stand up part like the one in drayton manor :D

yeah stand up would be good:) am I right in thinking that detonator was only meant to be at Thorpe for a few years?

yeah stand up would be good:) am I right in thinking that detonator was only meant to be at Thorpe for a few years?

Yes I think it was. It was ment to be a replacement ride for when WWH went it was only ment to stay a few years but then I think the park bought it so it can stay as long as the park wants it.

And where did that idea come from?

I don't want Detonator taller it would take away the thrill and force and I don't think its possible to have stand up on Fabrri Mega Drops? if they wanted one they would have to have another drop tower of a different make without pumps at the top like Hurrican Condor thus making it not forcefull at all and Detonator being the overall favorite still.

I do not mind detonator how it is at the moment :) However if it was a bit taller and had the stand up option I think it would attract a lot more people to it than it originally gets :D

But why does it NEED to attract more people. It already does its job very well, adding a taller tower with stand up seats is a very short term thing. In a park with Stealth it seems so pointless.

• 1 month later...

Rarely! Well its been brilliant this season!! In past season its had quite a bit of downtime at points.

2007 had to be its worst ever year for reliability. Didn't open until April and when it did it was closed for what must have been half the season!

detonator needs a fastrack queue.it may slow down the throughput for the actual queue but it can reach an hour queue and for detonator!!.it would be a good idea for dety fastrack

The main reason for Detonator's long queues is the fact it has a low capacity. 12 people per ride, but usually an empty seat on most rides, as well as onloading and offloading taking a long time (especially when people get stuck in their seats) means it gets long queues very easily. Adding Fastrack would just create more problems and bigger queues.

detonator needs a fastrack queue.it may slow down the throughput for the actual queue but it can reach an hour queue and for detonator!!.it would be a good idea for dety fastrack

No that would just make the normal queue longer. Fastrack is not the sodding answer to reduce queues.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to THORPE PARK last Sunday and went on detonator. we were in the queue, about 10 minutes away from boarding, and the ride operator sent up the gondola and left it at the top for a couple of minutes. He then spoke into the mic telling the riders that the ride had broken down and that they may be stuck up there for some time. As soon as he had finished speaking, he pressed a button and the gondola immediately dropped. I have never seen so many scared riders, all swearing, come off that ride at once. The next drop he went one step further and played the evacuation music, telling the riders that they would be rescued as soon as possible. They got dropped down 2 minutes later. The operator was laughing so much and the riders were not too happy! XD

Wasting time deliberately in a job like that is not going to do him any favours.

I disagree, there was almost no queue, as I said, only 10 mins, and the operator was just having a little joke, Everyone in the queue loved it and weren't bothered about waiting a couple more minutes to ride. Plus I think that it shows he enjoyes his work, and any employee that is entertaining the guests on top of his actually job wouldn't really get sacked for it. If you had been there, you would have laughed, a guy came down and the only thing you coulf hear was "HOLY S**T"!!!!!!!

• Mattgwise changed the title to Detonator