Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

I was gutted today, went on nemesis and it felt a little...............rough:(

I thought that too and have done in the past.Not really rough like SAW or Colossus, just a little rougher/bumpier than usual.But nothing major, and some days it feels fine, maybe it's the weather/temperature?

An odd one with Inferno, the mist and light effects. These are turned on and off by the engineering team from inside the console, but yesterday the ride spent all morning with none of the effects, which begged the question as to why they were even fixed at all last season. All was not lost as later in the day, as the effects came on. Smoke from the queue line, in the volcano itself, with a hint of lighting down there too, not to mention the geysers under the loop! I only wish that the park were a little more hot on this and have it all running from the very start of the day as once running, it looks great.I understand that the ride has had some audio changed too, with the perhaps unwelcome return of that station theme we had a couple of seasons ago. Sadly no sign of the Inferno theme or the awesome station dispatch..

I understand that the ride has had some audio changed too, with the perhaps unwelcome return of that station theme we had a couple of seasons ago. Sadly no sign of the Inferno theme or the awesome station dispatch..

First I was like ;) Then I was like ;) And then I thought ^_^ Why get everything else so right and then take away the best element of the ride.

The dispatch theme has not worked properly since 2007 when Project Link went live, it was added as a manual button but 9 times out of 10 it would not be used, and when it was it wouldnt play through the Bass Cannons. Hopefully its been put back to how it was so someone can get it working properly.

I discovered the dispatch theme a few weeks ago and I love it. I can just remember the taunting 'chimes' melody after the train had dispatched, and the loud, dramatic bursts of symbols and fanfare works really well (you have to hear it to understand what on Earth I am talking about). The way that it used the same patterns and instruments as the music heard in the queueline meant the atmosphere built up the further along the queue you went. My favourite was always the thumping bass that could be heard from outside the volcano. In recent years it has been much less dramatic and obvious, and now I know why...Such a shame things like this get forgotten. It could quite easily and cheaply be fixed, couldn't it?

I discovered the dispatch theme a few weeks ago and I love it. I can just remember the taunting 'chimes' melody after the train had dispatched, and the loud, dramatic bursts of symbols and fanfare works really well (you have to hear it to understand what on Earth I am talking about). The way that it used the same patterns and instruments as the music heard in the queueline meant the atmosphere built up the further along the queue you went. My favourite was always the thumping bass that could be heard from outside the volcano. In recent years it has been much less dramatic and obvious, and now I know why...Such a shame things like this get forgotten. It could quite easily and cheaply be fixed, couldn't it?

It's not broken - the only thing broken is that it used to be automatic when dispatch button was pressed.

If you hadn't had your head (noticeably) in the sand about this, this effect has been working for a few seasons now.The issues is that it stops about a month after it starts working again.

Actually you will find this effect hasn't worked properly since 2004/5, Late last year the inside and the queue line mister was fixed, over closed season the entrance to the tunnel has been repaired so its now all fully working :rolleyes:

I have never had a ride without mist, though it is often only a small patch of steam and nothing more. In Fright Nights the effect was brilliant and made quite a difference. This just looks crazy - it is overflowing! I doubt they can keep it up this much, but it is good to have it working on full thes past months unlike a few years ago.

Posted ImageOne word = YUM. this was yesterday (Thursday)Thanks to michaela as I stole this photo :lol:

Indeed that is my sexy photo B)IMO, the number of seasons it has worked for is irrelevant, it's just nice to see it working FULLY this season, rather than having a teeny amount of mist. :rolleyes:It's amazing when you first go into the tunnel :rolleyes:

Ahh it is a good effect and I hope it's maintained. I used to love it in it's opening year when they were on a sensor, so when the train was dispatched, it used to spray more.All that needs to be fixed now is that dispatch theme, properly. Oh and those flaming lanterns that have been broken for years :rolleyes: