Stealth

Dan_Rush

4 hours ago, planenut said:

Luckily, it won't affect me, but I will not reveal why just now. Rode it today, still not happy with the earpiece/intercoms, it really does reduce the chat between hosts and riders, but that's another topic.

Have seen this a few times, especially on Stealth where its just used for them to chat and comes across quite rude to guests. 

Definitely more useful on certain rides I think, saw a couple instances today they were really useful on Hyperia and do think the positives of them do outweigh the negatives overall. 

12 hours ago, Cal said:

Have seen this a few times, especially on Stealth where its just used for them to chat and comes across quite rude to guests. 

Definitely more useful on certain rides I think, saw a couple instances today they were really useful on Hyperia and do think the positives of them do outweigh the negatives overall. 

Clearly we view that differently, though management believe their use has been to aid efficiency.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I imagine we're looking at it being for the launch cable replacement, although they had usually got that down to a day. Guess we'll wait and see!

I thought it could be that, out of interest do you know why this isn’t done halfway through the season? Or do they have to do it a couple times during the season?

12 hours ago, Cal said:

I thought it could be that, out of interest do you know why this isn’t done halfway through the season? Or do they have to do it a couple times during the season?

It's every 26 thousand launches iirc

Are we certain it's a launch cable replacement or is it something else? Iirc they replaced the catch car before the start of the season as part of the Sparkle Project (or routine winter work) but not too sure.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone  I was wondering if anyone may know where stealths other train is as it operates two and has 3. I notice sometimes at the end of the day they send one train to the maintenance bay and leave one in loading station for the night. Could that suggest there 3rd is in the maintenance bay? They also sometimes send both to the maintenance bay at the end of the day meaning there isn’t a 3rd at this point . But my question is does the third train sometimes exist on the track. Also if possible can anyone send a photo of the maintenance bay clear(Thorpe photos don’t give a full view) but thanks 

As Stealth has 3 trains, the park rotate which one of them goes under annual maintenance. This means at any given time, one train is always in the maintenance area, deconstructed, having its parts checked, cleaned, inspected, serviced, replaced and whatever else is required. This takes the pressure off having to do it all over winter (when such things would normally happen).

The maintenance area has room for all three trains to be stored. It will be up to the engineers on the day which train(s) they want to being in there after park close. 

41 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

As Stealth has 3 trains, the park rotate which one of them goes under annual maintenance. This means at any given time, one train is always in the maintenance area, deconstructed, having its parts checked, cleaned, inspected, serviced, replaced and whatever else is required. This takes the pressure off having to do it all over winter (when such things would normally happen).

The maintenance area has room for all three trains to be stored. It will be up to the engineers on the day which train(s) they want to being in there after park close. 

Oh I see that makes sense now thankyou!

• 2 weeks later...

Train One, refurbished and back on track.

having been working on this train for over a year, this train has only it's original chassis, everything else has been renewed, even the bodyshells and seat moldings. One could have not have failed to realize the degradation of the foam on the restraints, which resulted in concaves developing on the underside caused by the effects of human perspiration; now the comparison with train two which remains in use emphasizes that. Some of the new rotating joints are harder to move for the moment.

Train three is now off track and undergoing refurbishment.

This work does conflict with the remarks of another rider yesterday, who insisted that they had seen a report which stated that Stealth "is to be removed at the end of the season", really? this work proves that Stealth is here for a good few years yet.

3 hours ago, planenut said:

This work does conflict with the remarks of another rider yesterday, who insisted that they had seen a report which stated that Stealth "is to be removed at the end of the season", really? this work proves that Stealth is here for a good few years yet.

We all know that isn't true but being misconstrued for the ride shutting all of next year to be modified to included LSMs and a spike in a major project by Zamperla. 😂

21 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

We all know that isn't true but being misconstrued for the ride shutting all of next year to be modified to included LSMs and a spike in a major project by Zamperla. 😂

Fake news.

It's Gerstlauer doing the spike.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:30 AM, planenut said:

having been working on this train for over a year, this train has only it's original chassis, everything else has been renewed, even the bodyshells and seat moldings. One could have not have failed to realize the degradation of the foam on the restraints, which resulted in concaves developing on the underside caused by the effects of human perspiration; now the comparison with train two which remains in use emphasizes that. Some of the new rotating joints are harder to move for the moment.

Do trains always undergo a whole refurbishment or is this a once every 10 years sort of thing. Also when you say outer shell of train, is that the red car design just brand new or just repainted?

On 8/1/2024 at 6:30 AM, planenut said:

Oh yeah just to add to what I was saying I’m aware they do annual maintenance but a refurb is completely different right?

7 hours ago, Dylsbrim said:

Oh yeah just to add to what I was saying I’m aware they do annual maintenance but a refurb is completely different right?

It's the first time they have ever renewed all those upper fitments on any train, major work.

8 hours ago, Dylsbrim said:

Do trains always undergo a whole refurbishment or is this a once every 10 years sort of thing. Also when you say outer shell of train, is that the red car design just brand new or just repainted?

Brand new body shells, all colours and markings the same, even the naff headlights.

15 hours ago, planenut said:

Brand new body shells, all colours and markings the same, even the naff headlights.

15 hours ago, planenut said:

It's the first time they have ever renewed all those upper fitments on any train, major work.

Wow very good and gives the impression stealth won’t be leaving any time soon Aslong as hydraulics don’t start playing up. Thankyou!