Tips for travel

subculturehero

Just a quick question.. when it says I can get a 20% discount off my hotel booking with my Annual Pass... does that mean off of just my fee or off of the entire booking?Thanks for any help :unsure:

As above, although please bare in mind that the online rate is often slightly discounted already - so you will not (usually) get 20% off the online price. It's always worth checking the online price beforehand though, because on rare occasions the AP Price quoted is often higher than the cheapest rate online.Usually though, I expect to save between 10 and 20% off the online rate.:blush:

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Waterloo mainline to St Pancres. Then go from St Pancres to Darby and then from Darby to Uttoxeter. Its about a 20 minute cab ride to the Alton Hotels from there. That's how I done it last time I went to Alton and it seems a lot quicker, cheaper and less stressful than driving up the motorway for a good few hours.

That was a really helpful post wasn't it :rolleyes:

But it probably is the 'best' way! Unless anyone has actually invented teleporting yet.

Getting to AT on any public transport sucks, I'd say it's best not to bother trying. Make a friend with someone with a car.

• 9 months later...

As if travel wasn't bad enough when getting to Towers for those who can't yet drive, this year they've decided to cut even more services. No more Uttoxeter buses run by Alton and no more Derby service either. :angry: I used the Stoke bus once last year but it took almost an hour, which is annoying when it only takes me 55 mins on the train anyway with Virgin from Milton Keynes to Stoke! :lol:

First still run their 32A service between Uttoxeter railway station / Hanley / Alton Towers though which is ok. Can anyone who's used this '32A' service before shed any light on where it drops off & picks up? It says 'opposite farley gates' which I presume is on the main road outside the resort gates judging by Google Maps? What an annoyance, can't see the reasoning for cutting the services this dramatically as they are always rammed with staff and visitors whenever I've used them before...

ScreenShot2013-03-15at170542_zps3f28ef40

32A picks up and drops off on the plaza, like the old buses.

They've cut them as they lose money and it's a drain on the business (I'm not entirely sure about that.. winter maybe, not during season though). Those services are literally two buses. The way home is one bus operating to Leek via Hanley. Expect it to be completely full and standing, as it's the only bus for staff and should really just be run as for staff only.