Closed Rides

Ash

To be honest, people exagerate(sp?) how bad Thorpe's reliability is, IMO its not that bad, I only see a ride on the unavailable list once every 1/2 weeks and thats not bad, usually they are up the next day anyway, alot of people on here just have a grudge against Thorpe becuase of what happend the first day of Thrill Chill and the 14th/15th March, give them a second chance the last 4/5 times I have been there has been full ride availability.

Oh no, I completely agree with that. It's just that Thorpe Park has been known to have poor reliability compared to other parks. But yes, it is improving significantly.

It's more then just two visit's this year that have put members off. For instance I've been visiting Thorpe for years and every year it is the same old complaint.. ride reliability is shocking. Fine, you can say that it's not Thorpe Park's fault their rides aren't available but if the end of the day the more money thrown at the enginnering side of the park, the more open rides will be. The 14th March trip this year was really the icing on the cake to well my patience with the place. The general public have very little time to put aside for theme parks and when they visit, they want to make the most of my day with full ride availability and no rides breaking down left, right and centre.

on the sky swatter subject, slamer is the only one atm. the other one shut down and might be relocating for the 3rd time :) .I think reliabilty has been very good this year with the exeption of stealth. rides still brake down in the day but they normally get them running agien. 14th of march was abit of a joke though, if I dont think the saw fastrack was to grate as a consulation, I think we should have got a fastrack pacage with saw or something. just my opinion though.

14th of march was abit of a joke though, if I dont think the saw fastrack was to grate as a consulation, I think we should have got a fastrack pacage with saw or something. just my opinion though.

I agree, people without an Annual pass got a free ticketAnd we got one fastrack. :)

If a ride breaks down, and they say "You are more than welcome to wait in the queue line", then I usually do for 30 minutes. If nothing has happened in that time, then I leave. This worked incredibly well in the Colossus queue last week. We were queued back to the section under the trees near SAW, and the announcement came over the PA system, "Unfortunately Colossus is suffering technical difficulties and has temporarily ceased operation etc etc." We waited in the queue for 20 minutes, in which time so many people had left that we were now queueing just past the front row entrance. Then, 2 minutes later, the ride opened again and we were left queueing for less than 5 minutes before we got on.

I have a story to share, too. We were waiting in the X no way out line, and we too got the anouncement it had broken. We waited for 50 minits, as it was the only ride left that I wanted to do. On hearing it was still not working after 50 mins, we decided to leave and go for something to eat. On arival at KFC we saw someone talking on her phone, that's good you're finally on, I thought it might be stuck for ages. When I asked her what she meant, she said her kids had just got on X. If only we had waited that little bit longer

If a ride breaks down, and they say "You are more than welcome to wait in the queue line", then I usually do for 30 minutes. If nothing has happened in that time, then I leave. This worked incredibly well in the Colossus queue last week. We were queued back to the section under the trees near SAW, and the announcement came over the PA system, "Unfortunately Colossus is suffering technical difficulties and has temporarily ceased operation etc etc." We waited in the queue for 20 minutes, in which time so many people had left that we were now queueing just past the front row entrance. Then, 2 minutes later, the ride opened again and we were left queueing for less than 5 minutes before we got on.

I usually give it 30 minutes too before giving up. And I hate the ones who leave the queue as the announcement is being made.Impatient - that's one thing people in the country are today. :P