Closed Rides

Ash

Slammer and Tidal Wave were still down for all of today (September 16th).Stealth, Detonator, Saw: Alive were all having pretty major issues today and spent most of the day not running. Rush was out of sync but running fairly well on both swings.This is the first time this year that I've seen reliability go so badly, hopefully this is only a bad day (or week) and not a return to previous form.

Slammer and Tidal Wave were still down for all of today (September 16th).Stealth, Detonator, Saw: Alive were all having pretty major issues today and spent most of the day not running. Rush was out of sync but running fairly well on both swings.This is the first time this year that I've seen reliability go so badly, hopefully this is only a bad day (or week) and not a return to previous form.

This is partly true and partly false, SAW Alive wasnt closed most of the day, it was having power issues, I was in fact evacuated after being the second group in after it opened after an hour. Stealth was indeed being a bit of a b****! Detonator, spent more time stuck at the top then at the bottom! Also Amity side of Project link has gone back to crackles :lol:

Project link is the name of the park wide audio system and Ricky is basically saying the Amity (Yes WWTP Radio) side of the system was playing up. When it plays up it has been known to cut out completely in places, crackle like a loose connection or play completely different ride themes. For example last year Stealth was playing Pirates 4D on one of my visits and Samurai the Colossus Theme.

Project link is the name of the park wide audio system and Ricky is basically saying the Amity (Yes WWTP Radio) side of the system was playing up. When it plays up it has been known to cut out completely in places, crackle like a loose connection or play completely different ride themes. For example last year Stealth was playing Pirates 4D on one of my visits and Samurai the Colossus Theme.

Samurai is connect to Lost city, if the theme finishes and a new one started the area theme (Lost City theme) will play. Could of been that.

This isnt playing the "wrong" music, when they had problems with the system they can play the old dome track park wide (So a mix of ambiance and ride themes) instead of having nothing playing which is why you heard pirates music at stealth!As Ricky said Samurai playing the lost city theme is normal, slammer does when the track ends to which is also normal. Stealth was running today, had a few problems which I'm sure they will get to the bottom of soon!

I've been four times this year and Stealth's only been open for a full day on one of those occasions.In general though I gotta say this season has been a vast improvement on '09. Any rides I've seen down this year have generally been down for less than a day meaning that they haven't been completely unavailable. And there's the fact that the mist/lights are still working on Inferno and all (as far as I can remember) the effects are still working on Saw. I think Thorpe'll find it difficult to shake the reputation of being slapdash with ride upkeep/themeing, but the situation is improving, without doubt.